• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New game called the captain

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Have any of y’all played this game, it’s got glowing reviews on Steam and it looks to be great fun in the Sci-Fi genre. you play a captain of a ship and each chapter has many different outcomes that you can replay and see the different choices you can make as the captain of a ship. The neat idea of the game is if you want to make the same choices again for a specific chapter you can skip that chapter so you don’t have to replay it and do the same puzzles again. supposedly the puzzles are great in the game, challenging but not overly difficult and obtuse. Have any of y’all played it? Here’s the link to the page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1721530/The_Captain/

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Looks interesting!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Finally having some time to play games, I played it over the holiday. I really enjoyed it. The games it most reminded me of are Star Trek 25th anniversary and star control 2 The urquan masters.

I definitely agree with the description of puzzles, they are challenging (more so than many adventure games) but not overly obtuse. There’s also no pixel hunting and a good hotspot highlighter (one of the thing I hate the most in any adventure games is when I’ve been stuck on a puzzle because I didn’t notice an item I could have taken earlier in the game).

I do have a few quibbles that I think would turn it from a good game to a great game:

- When you complete a story on a planet, sometimes some new character can join your crew. Unfortunately those new crew members are really not well fleshed out. Any interactions with them always result in the exact same line of dialogue. They don’t react to any new adventures nor do they open new endings in any of the subsequent stories. I wish the crew members were a bigger part of the game, as it is it feels like wasted potential
- When you finish the game with the best ending, I really wish the ending sequence were more fleshed out with a consequence to the decisions you made along the way. It feels a bit anticlimatic after replaying to get the best ending.

Still overall a very good game and one I’d recommend whole heartedly.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

giom - 04 January 2022 03:00 AM

Finally having some time to play games, I played it over the holiday. I really enjoyed it. The games it most reminded me of are Star Trek 25th anniversary and star control 2 The urquan masters.

I definitely agree with the description of puzzles, they are challenging (more so than many adventure games) but not overly obtuse. There’s also no pixel hunting and a good hotspot highlighter (one of the thing I hate the most in any adventure games is when I’ve been stuck on a puzzle because I didn’t notice an item I could have taken earlier in the game).

I do have a few quibbles that I think would turn it from a good game to a great game:

- When you complete a story on a planet, sometimes some new character can join your crew. Unfortunately those new crew members are really not well fleshed out. Any interactions with them always result in the exact same line of dialogue. They don’t react to any new adventures nor do they open new endings in any of the subsequent stories. I wish the crew members were a bigger part of the game, as it is it feels like wasted potential
- When you finish the game with the best ending, I really wish the ending sequence were more fleshed out with a consequence to the decisions you made along the way. It feels a bit anticlimatic after replaying to get the best ending.

Still overall a very good game and one I’d recommend whole heartedly.

Thank you for the detailed review, I think I might try it after I beat the Japanese RPG I’m playing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top