• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

VP’s attempt at a crossword puzzle:

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

https://crosswordlabs.com/view/puzzle-solutions

Inspired by Baron Blubba, I tried to make crossword puzzle as well. I went for a theme of (in)glorious puzzle sequences, I hope it works.

edit: in this particular crossword puzzle, one game can be the source of multiple answers. Looking at you, King’s Quest V.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Very clever!  I have only 3 so far, but the rhymes are helping.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Hope VP doesn’t mind but I’m adding this here as it’s a crossword thread and anyone interested will be reading it.

Many a long year ago I used to create cryptic crosswords for my company’s monthly magazine. This was in the days of using graph paper and any mistake in the layout meant starting over Foot in mouth

Around 18 months ago I decided to go back to doing this (sans graph paper!) and, although I don’t spend ages at it, I’ve chalked up half-a-dozen which have been fairly well received. Should anyone fancy a go at one then PM me and I’ll PM you one back.
Whatever you do though, do NOT reply here as it’s a damn sight more than thread drift. Should there be any interest I’ll open a thread in the Chit Chat forum.
Difficulty is around middling to difficult with the feedback that I’ve received.
These are definitely not adventure game based crosswords.

(If VP really doesn’t like this then he’s now in a position to get rid of it Laughing )

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It’s cool, I might take you up on that as well. Thumbs Up

regarding this puzzle: I changed a typo and the whole thing shifted around, I hope that didn’t cause any inconvenience.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 November 2021 05:51 AM

It’s cool, I might take you up on that as well. Thumbs Up

A word of warning if you do (I forgot about this for my original post).
It comes as a Word document and I strongly advise printing on a laser printer as it will use up a lot of blank ink on an inkjet printer.

regarding this puzzle: I changed a typo and the whole thing shifted around, I hope that didn’t cause any inconvenience.

Think what that would be like if you had to use graph paper to create and then amend Crazy

Life is what it is.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah, well.  I spent time last night printing out the clues based on the old configuration just so I could have them when searching for hunches.  (I forget what I’m looking for if it’s not right under my nose.)  No harm done since it’ll be easy enough to find the new location for an answer.  I now have 4 correct and hunches for about 6 more.

Jabod,
I don’t think I’d be able to open one of yours since I don’t have Word installed.

I’ve made some crosswords using a paper grid and some with a table in my word processor for both my former students and for game quizzes.  I give myself a limit of spaces so it can be copied easily.  However, it is tedious, so I don’t do it very often.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 November 2021 11:53 AM

Jabod,
I don’t think I’d be able to open one of yours since I don’t have Word installed.

I’ve made some crosswords using a paper grid and some with a table in my word processor for both my former students and for game quizzes.  I give myself a limit of spaces so it can be copied easily.  However, it is tedious, so I don’t do it very often.

Hadn’t thought about people not having Word and of course people like yourself who use a Mac probably wouldn’t. Ergo I’ve now created a .PDF version of the first one should you like it.

I know all about tedious having done the old ones on graph paper. Good fun when completed and looking back Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Can you send me a PM with a link, Jabod?

VP,
I’m up to 11 now.  Laughing

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 November 2021 08:18 PM

Can you send me a PM with a link, Jabod?

VP,
I’m up to 11 now.  :0

PM sent Lady K.

As the crossword physically exists no need for a link therefore attached to the PM.
As stated above I’ll open a thread in Chit Chat to allow for any further messages/questions/screams of disbelief Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 November 2021 08:18 PM

VP,
I’m up to 11 now.  :0

Nice. Smile

I’ll add a couple of hints later. I noticed another typo in one of the answers, but I won’t edit it out to keep the puzzle as is: there’s supposed to be an extra r in 22 down.

Any specific hint requests?

By the way, one of my favourites (and probably one of the hardest) is 6 down. It’s very minimal, which is actually part of the hint.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 November 2021 06:09 AM

By the way, one of my favourites (and probably one of the hardest) is 6 down. It’s very minimal, which is actually part of the hint.

There is no 6 down!

Pan

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

make that 6 across!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m in. There goes Thanksgiving.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Luhr28 - 23 November 2021 06:36 AM
Vegetable Party - 23 November 2021 06:09 AM

There is no 6 down!

Pan

Well he did say it was quite minimal ... as in non-existent ha ha ha

Well done VP you just tied up my Thanksgiving holiday weekend with your devilish crossword

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

lol well glad to be of service.

Hints following later today!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Across:

2. While some games will have you doing this to pixels, this game wants you to go pixie hunting.
6. ..did that whale you just escaped from have human teeth?
9. By George! This creature is territorial.
11. Use this on a sloppy colonial jalopy.
12. For a useful hint, please fill out this form.
15. It’s twisted and worse than it’s bite.
16. It’s a tentacle dog and pony show.
17. The creator of this puzzle had a certain sense of humour.
20. I love this puzzle, it is so crazy. The same can be said about this particular way of keeping time.
21. Quite a progressive puzzle for its time.
24. We hope you’ll get yourself together and rejoin us. Isn’t this a blast?
26. Just as stimulating. Just not as stimulating.
27. It’s my fourth-favourite source of illumination.
31. Dealing with smelly stuff is part of any good quest.
34. The challenges of microbiological science.
35.Whoever whipped this puzzle up near the end of the game?
37. Edible, but don’t burn your tongue.
38. If you sing that psycho killer song one more time, you’re going straight to the federal pen.
39. Don’t worry. They’re just sleeping. But seriously, don’t serve this to any animal or human being.
40. Type this command and weaponize whatever is in your hand.
41. This one really deserves a second clue: The object itself is a play on words. The answer here is the difference. It’s not fungal, it’s a piece of (…).
42. This puzzle is clever because it suggests depth that isn’t there. This puzzle is dumb because it’s random and the one clue makes no sense.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top