• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games for Halloween……?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Anyone playing a scary one for the holiday? I’m playing the Rockin Dead, well it’s more horrible than horrifying. But it does have bats, skeletons, monsters and gore.

What about you? Playing a scary one? Also, what’s your favorite horror adventure game? My fav of all time is Kathy Rain or Fran Bow.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I always try to play scary games around this time. As far as adventures the one that I was planning on playing it’s Strangeland. I got it a while ago but I haven’t had the chance to play it so now may be a perfect time.

My favorite horror adventures are probably Amnesia and SOMA. I’m fond of Scratches too and the Black Mirror series. I actually haven’t played that many horror adventures especially older ones so it would be cool if people recommend some.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

danigar - 30 September 2021 11:50 PM

I always try to play scary games around this time. As far as adventures the one that I was planning on playing it’s Strangeland. I got it a while ago but I haven’t had the chance to play it so now may be a perfect time.

My favorite horror adventures are probably Amnesia and SOMA. I’m fond of Scratches too and the Black Mirror series. I actually haven’t played that many horror adventures especially older ones so it would be cool if people recommend some.

Let me add two more recommendations:

Little Misfortune

The Cat Lady

Both are quite good,  The Cat Lady is downright terrifying, perfect for the Halloween season.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Hugo’s House of Horrors!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My favorites for this time of year are the very creepy Goetia and Amber: Journeys Beyond, which has quite a few chilling moments.  Scratches is another good choice with some real heart-pounding events, and I also like Dracula Resurrection and Dracula: The Last Sanctuary, mostly because of the atmosphere and puzzles.  The latter has more suspense because of some timed elements.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Return of the Phantom! I hope I’ll get to organize a CPT for that game at some point.  Maybe Halloween next year?

The Wardrobe looks the part.

And.. Maniac Mansion!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

If there aren’t any new releases, I’m going for Thecorruption Within. I haven’t playerd it yet just to save it for Halloween.

Then there’s Bad Dream; Stories, and I’ve only recently discovered The Forgotten Hills Series.

I might give Goetia another go, too. Last time I got hopelessly stuck, but I don’t want to leave my playthrough unfinished.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Shifty Eyed wait, the games I mentioned aren’t really that scary..

Anchorhead, if you don’t mind Lovecraft and interactive fiction: https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=op0uw1gn1tjqmjt7

The Last Half of Darkness - Society of the Serpent Moon?

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I’m waiting House of Ashes for Halloween.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

SAint Kotar, coming just in time for Halloween on October 28th. There’s a demo available now if you want to give it a try: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1358530/Saint_Kotar/

https://www.redmartyr.com - Red Martyr Entertainment is a narratively focused game development studio located at the south end of the magical Istrian peninsula, Croatia. We’re on a quest to deliver fun and memorable games with choices that matter.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Two modern indie adventures must be mentioned:

OXENFREE and Detention. Both very spooky and quite scary in parts. I cannot recommend them enough if you really enjoy horror games.

Heart

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Shivers, Phantasmagoria, Dark Fall, and Sanitarium are a few off the top of my head.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Adv_Lvr - 02 October 2021 11:22 AM

Two modern indie adventures must be mentioned:

OXENFREE and Detention. Both very spooky and quite scary in parts. I cannot recommend them enough if you really enjoy horror games.

Heart

Oxenfree is lovely, and it’s not too scary, it’s more of a mystery with some horror elements than pure horror game.

I usually don’t seem to follow seasons. I play Frostpunk in the middle of summer and spooky games in the spring, or whenever. Might want to think about playing something a bit spookier this Halloween, I guess.

I started Fran Bow a while back but at that time I wasn’t really in the mood for all the blood and horror, might give it another try.

I also have Downfall, but I think it’s probably going to be too much.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I forgot to mention Tormentum: Dark Sorrow.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh yeah, Tormentum is another great creepy adventure that isn’t too scary.

And I might take up on Lady Kestrel’s earlier suggestion of Goetia. I seem to have already installed it earlier this year, but for some reason I didn’t start playing it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I just came across this game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1719000/My_Best_Nightmare/

and I think I might give it a try around Halloween. On the Halloween spectrum it looks like the polar opposite of Hugo’s House of Horrors. But it looks spooky.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top