• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

RHEM III SE - under my radar

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Just noticed that the special edition of RHEM III was released a couple of months ago. Never saw any info on that here or on the main page, but of course I may have missed it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1527930/RHEM_III_SE/

That completes Knut Müller’s special edition treatment of all four games in the series. I’ve only played the first two, the main reason being that I wanted to play the whole series from the beginning when all SE versions were released. RHEM and RHEM II are two of the best games I’ve ever played. A master class in puzzle/world creation.

Seems a bit unclear whether there will be a RHEM V, which is a bit strange since I had the impression the whole SE thing has been done to set things up for a final fifth game in the series. Anyone has more info about this?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oh wow, what a great surprise! Strange though, I have been checking the official site here and there for the past 2 years with no mention of it releasing and suddenly today it shows that it released, all while Steam says it released in March… weird?!

Anyway, I had played all 4 of the original games 20ish years ago. When he released the special edition version of the 4th one in 2016, with plans to make the other 3 special editions as well, I decided to patiently wait until the other 3 released before playing the 4th.

With that said I’ve already played the 1st and 2nd special editions. Now I can finally play the 3rd and finally 4th after 5 years of waiting!

As for the 5th one. I’m positive it is already in the works. His whole reason for making the special edition versions was to make them playable on modern systems, improve upon them, and add extra content to tie them all together for the 5th and final game.  Laughing

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Sir Beardalot - 01 July 2021 10:06 PM

As for the 5th one. I’m positive it is already in the works. His whole reason for making the special edition versions was to make them playable on modern systems, improve upon them, and add extra content to tie them all together for the 5th and final game.  Laughing

Hope you are right and that was my impression as well. But the discussions at Steam gives at least me the impression a fifth game is nowhere near completed and not even confirmed to be in the works. But the silent release of RHEM III SE goes to show that Knut doesn’t communicate much between releases. And I guess he develops the RHEM games whenever he has spare time.

Anyway; RHEM I SE is installed and I’m ready to go!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top