• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Baron Blubba’s Crossword Quiz *Now Playing: Character Couplet Quest!* This will consume your weekend.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Baron_Blubba - 11 July 2021 10:02 PM

Doom, when I say ‘first two puzzles’ I mean the Lucas Arts puzzle and Sierra puzzle. I’m not referring to the first two clues of this particular puzzle.

Oh, I see. This sounds like a clue alright, and I finally solved it (even without reading the second clue, I completely forgot about *that* singer and couldn’t understand your wording in that sentence). I was looking for a link between cyberpunk, voodoo and country Smile)

Regarding 80 and 93: Yes, those are organizations. The series they are from are Broken Sword and Space Quest.

Thanks again, I was in fact thinking about those two particular series all the time, but couldn’t come up with proper names. I’ll research them more then.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I figured out 80 and 93, but imho one has to be a real fan of those games to recall the names of those organizations. I’m not even sure when 93 was introduced - apparently in Space Quest 4, but I rewatched the intro and there’s no mention of it.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Doom - 13 July 2021 10:14 AM

I figured out 80 and 93, but imho one has to be a real fan of those games to recall the names of those organizations. I’m not even sure when 93 was introduced - apparently in Space Quest 4, but I rewatched the intro and there’s no mention of it.

Funny, I would say that 80 is the harder one by far. I thought the answer to 93, Sequel Police, was an iconic part of the franchise and one of the most memorable parts of game as well. I’m not sure if they are mentioned by name in the introduction but they are definitely in the introduction, and are an all too possible encounter in every single scene of the rest of the game.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I still have thirty-three to go. I haven’t read every description yet and my mind is half there.

But I’m a sucker for words, quizzes and rhymes.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I did it! After taking a break I solved those remaining four questions in no time. To my surprise 11 and 21 were the hardest despite both clues pointed at one game. And as much as I love it, the name of that one character/no character is very obscure, mentioned only once as a pun, and he is generally known by his title. Also I didn’t get the second clue right, I was trying to guess a group of people instead)). As for the other two, well, you have to remember them or at least recall the game plots. I managed to despite I played 64 long time ago and never got far into 60. But there was definitly logic there, and the whole quiz was very staisfying, the hardest puzzle I solved in a long time. Thanks for the challenge and for all the work you did creating those quizes, Blubba!

Baron_Blubba - 13 July 2021 10:40 PM

Funny, I would say that 80 is the harder one by far. I thought the answer to 93, Sequel Police, was an iconic part of the franchise and one of the most memorable parts of game as well. I’m not sure if they are mentioned by name in the introduction but they are definitely in the introduction, and are an all too possible encounter in every single scene of the rest of the game.

You are probably right, but I rarely replay old games these days (I did replay 80 last year though) and it’s hard to remember all names and small details. Hell, I just replayed Runaway 3 and it turned out I had forgotten the entire game!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Wow, congratulations! Yes, 63 and 60 are very hard.
One of the games is critically acclaimed, but the character’s name is not nearly as ‘on the tip of the tongue’ as in most other adventure games (but if you played the game semi recently, the locations in the clue are very helpful) and the other one is just a very general clue. ‘Summoning amiss’ is the key, but yeah, wizards abound in adventure games and this one is not as well known as many of the others.

The one about ‘getting a head’...I liked that one.

Anyway, congrats for solving the whole thing. These clues cover a WIDE swathe of adventure games, so you have to be pretty well versed or good at searching for the answers (which is fair in many of these cases, I think) in order to solve them.

Nicely done, and thanks for playing.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Four to go. 86 and 95 in both directions.

Very enjoyable, again, the rhymes were a bonus.

Now let me figure out these final answers..

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Finished!

Loved it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top