• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Baron Blubba’s Crossword Quiz *Now Playing: Character Couplet Quest!* This will consume your weekend.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Updated the first post with a link to the new Sierra quiz. Or just get it here. https://crosswordlabs.com/view/2021-06-16-336

Have fun, and let me know if you would like alternate clues for a specific problem. I can try and give non-game knowledge related clues if you don’t think you are familiar with the game referred to in the original clue.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Two left in the LucasArts crossword puzzle..

My sanity, Baron, you have come for my sanity and my mind is almost ready to deliver.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 20 June 2021 01:01 PM

Two left in the LucasArts crossword puzzle..

My sanity, Baron, you have come for my sanity and my mind is almost ready to deliver.

Which two?

The next puzzle, which might be a 2-3 weeks away, will be something awesome, I think. Harder to make than complete, for sure (I think it’ll be the easiest puzzle so far), but it’ll be worth it.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

46 and 51 down.

So close.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Here are a couple of clues if you’d like. Neither one give the answer away, so I think they are safe to look at. The Xima one is very hard, but the alternate clues makes it gettable.

46-Down: Find the opposite of definitely and you’ll find the answer nearby.
51-Down: It’s a well worn LucasArts adventure games catchphrase.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finally tried out the LucasArts crossword and enjoyed every minute spent with it. Really great job, Blubba, even though I did find some of the clues too criptic, like 42, 38 or 51 which I figured only with the help of new clues, or 36 which I read in your answers to this topic (tried “Dynamo” which fitted the 6-letter format, but, like Tim, didn’t think of “Diapered” without “-ed”).

Or the six questions I’m still clueless about. I think this is also a result of my limited English vocabulary as most of those words are pretty long (9, 30, 32, 48). Or the fact that I played those games decades ago, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle in particular, so it might be a good idea to join your spontaneous CPT this week Smile

Then again, I solved most of the crossword in one sit and without the additional hints. And you know it’s a good quiz when figuring an answer makes you put on a triumphant smile (or curse in case you are unable to). Can’t wait to finish it and try out the Sierra one. There should be more adventure crossword quizes.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Doom - 20 June 2021 07:56 PM

Finally tried out the LucasArts crossword and enjoyed every minute spent with it. Really great job, Blubba, even though I did find some of the clues too criptic, like 42, 38 or 51 which I figured only with the help of new clues, or 36 which I read in your answers to this topic (tried “Dynamo” which fitted the 6-letter format, but, like Tim, didn’t think of “Diapered” without “-ed”).

Or the six questions I’m still clueless about. I think this is also a result of my limited English vocabulary as most of those words are pretty long (9, 30, 32, 48). Or the fact that I played those games decades ago, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle in particular, so it might be a good idea to join your spontaneous CPT this week Smile

Then again, I solved most of the crossword in one sit and without the additional hints. And you know it’s a good quiz when figuring an answer makes you put on a triumphant smile (or curse in case you are unable to). Can’t wait to finish it and try out the Sierra one. There should be more adventure crossword quizes.

Regarding the ED at the end of the 2-parter, that is the fault of my mishearing the words while playing the game. See I always heard it as Diaper Dynamo, because of the D sound at the start of Dynamo—the two words ran together for me.

Yeah, some of the too cryptic clues were Saturday/Sunday New York Times puzzle obnoxious. That’s why I went back and made a second set.

Of the ones you have remaining, 9 might be the hardest. If 46 refers to what she is spiritually, then 9 refers to what she is physically. <—-another clue that does not give it away but might help.
You can get the other ones using both sets of clues and my replies to some of the other puzzle-doers so far. Take another Look! at 38. You’ll get it.

And thank you for the compliments on the puzzle. It gives me confidence and motivation to make more.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

As you know, I’ve solved the LucasArts crossword puzzle and I started on the Sierra one today.

Can you guess my first answer? Grin

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 June 2021 04:17 PM

As you know, I’ve solved the LucasArts crossword puzzle and I started on the Sierra one today.

Can you guess my first answer? Grin

Zoltan Carnovasch, and by golly I sure hope I spelled that right. No no wait, it’s not that one! Yes! I know your first answer! Does it sound like it might be related to an annoying little Bizarro World Superman character?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

sounds about right.

Mordack, Manannan and Hagatha might be pretty evil, but the puzzle this answer is based on has them beat.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I actually figured another 3 answers the same night before going to sleep, including 32 (I think by that I had recollected every item from every LucasArts adventure that comes in more than one sample… except for those). But now the best I can come up with for 9 (keeping all your clues in mind) is “eatingalot”, but it doesn’t work and I doubt this is even a word. I’m also lost with 30 and 48 Frown EIther I didn’t read Shakespeare enough (I didn’t) or I need to replay Curse of Monkey Island as well.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

2 down on the 1st crossword still has me utterly stumped.  What adjective did Guybrush ever say in regards to wanting to be a pirate?!  This is driving me mad!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You need an adjective for that one, St_Eddie.

I have 17 so far for the 2nd crossword.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow!, too bad I am totally depressed, and not in the mood for games, but keep it rolling man!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Advie - 22 June 2021 11:03 AM

Wow!, too bad I am totally depressed, and not in the mood for games, but keep it rolling man!

That’s like saying ‘I’m totally sick, but not in the mood for medicine.’

No, but seriously, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that you become repressed (impressed?) soon and regain the mood for games.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top