• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What would be your dream come true?

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-06-18

PM

Myst VI (or a new Myst Story/Series) by Cyan
Gabriel Knight 4 done by JJ in 2D
Penumbra Series (a new trilogy in the setting)
Another 2D Blade Runner
A return to the world of Sanitarium

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

2D Japanise-style RPG with no battle. To The Moon was close to it, but it was too short.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 December 2012 01:46 PM

I’d like a proper Monkey Island game. A sequel to Curse of Monkey Island if you will, with that type of graphics. Not the ugly (and not to mention completely uninteresting) crap that the fourth and “fifth” games were.

Yes! Once again I have to agree with Kasper!

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’d actually like a proper sequel to Monkey Island 2. Not because Curse of Monkey Island wasn’t good, but because it wasn’t really a sequel. The end of LeChuck’s revenge was ignored.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I would love to see the Full Throttle: Payback sequel… and lots of other marvelous titles which got cancelled for one reason or another. The pain is even bigger when you know that you were actually pretty close to playing this.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Myst VI: Return to Riven (a revisit in a destroyed/half collapsed Riven world)
Grim Fandango 2: Perhaps with a brand new character (not Manny) as a protagonist in the Land of the Dead. Or Glottis himself.
Machinarium 2: What happened after the escape of the city?
Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon 2: Brand new stories with the same voice actors, the same graphics, the same humour.
A new MI game with COMI graphics.
Dreamfall Chapters to be a pure point n’ click adventure like TLJ.
New Tex game: As good as its processors.
A Vampyre Story 2 Kickstarter campaign: Succeded
A new Discworld Game (preferably with Eric Idle)

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

New 2D Indiana Jones adventure
Remakes of LucasArts classic adventures, like The Dig, Full Throttle & Indiana Jones games

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-11-23

PM

Games in the vein of national treasure 1 and 2
New myst game
Uru getting real attention
bracken tor actually released

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I would like to see an adventure game that forces you to make notes and solve puzzles off-screen again, like the first three Myst games or some text adventures I played years ago. Most new adventure games are too easy IMO. I understand that the audience has changed and people don’t want to take too much time playing an adventure game anymore, and I like playing many of the new adventure games, but there must be room for a few of the ‘old style’ AGs that made your head crack.

Sequels I’d like to see:
Myst VI (please please please without the Bahro and the slate!!!),
Bracken Tor,
The Last Crown,
GK IV (that will probably never happen),
New Tex,
Dreamfall Chapters,
New Kheops adventures,
Secret Files IV…

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

tsa - 11 December 2012 05:02 AM

I would like to see an adventure game that forces you to make notes and solve puzzles off-screen again, like the first three Myst games or some text adventures I played years ago.

That sounds like RHEM. But you’re right - there’s a lack of adventure games of the kind you describe, to the point where I’m salivating for the next RHEM game to come out Tongue

Saying that, there were never many of those games. I don’t remember many in which I had to take notes aside from the text adventures and some of the puzzles in Myst.

So that would be my dream - If easy adventure games turned into the genres of casuals and HOGs, then I would hope for a sudden surge of hard games spawning a genre of its own. There’s definitely a market for it.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I take notes in most games I play, so I know what it is about again when I have had to abandon it for a longer time. But it’s not often really necessary for solving the puzzles. Some games are so easy I don’t take any notes at all.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Well, many of my adventure game dreams are coming true this year, thanks to Kickstarter.

Quest for Glory 6: Check (Hero-U)

A new Space Quest: Check (SpaceVenture)

Gabriel Knight 4: Check (Moebius + Mystery game X)

A new Larry game: Check (Remake)

Broken Sword 5: Check

Longest Journey 3: Check

My biggest adventure game dream however is one I am sad to not have seen shared by anyone else on here so far and that is to see a new King’s Quest! I wish Telltale would announce something related to their project or to see Roberta and Jane team up on a proper KQ9. Man, that would be the dream to end all dreams!

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

What would your dream-come-true adventure game announcement be?

BloodRunner is Here!
Bill Gates donated $ 5,000,000 to Vincent Carrella & co.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

For real?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

serpentbox -

all I need is a backer

Someone should call that guy and tell him about Kickstarter.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top