• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nothing gold can stay…

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 1806

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Back in 1987 I read a review of “The Lion & The Cobra” in Melody Maker and was intrigued. Obviously I’d never heard of SinĂ©ad O’Connor then but, as my preferences in music have always strongly leaned towards female singers (particularly singer-songwriters), I thought I’d get a copy. It took me somewhere between 2 and 3 months to get hold of the album. Not because it was sold out but because no record store had heard of it.
Still, I eventually did get a copy. It’s only the second album in my life that I wore out and had to buy a replacement (Leonard Cohen’s “Songs Of” being the other). I also purchased a CD copy as well to save having to buy a 3rd vinyl copy.

Compared to the rest of the world I wasn’t keen on “Nothing Compares 2 U” as it was a straightforward love and loss song - albeit beautifully sung (how could it not be with THAT voice) - as I’ve always preferred “individual” songs if you understand me. That does include love songs but those that lean more to the Leonard Cohen or Jane Siberry lyrics.

A superb talent mixed up with a sad, damaged and (personal thought here based on no facts whatsoever) lonely life.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I never bought that many albums but I did buy the Lion and the Cobra as I just liked this song so much never having heard of Sinead before:

Mandinka

I was saddened throughout the years by news of this very talented lady’s troubles & of course now her passing.

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I heard one of her songs on the radio, I think it was Troy. What a voice! I felt moved and immediately bought The Lion and the Cobra.

I’ll always remember her as the very young and very beautiful girl in the screenshot I posted. Rebellious and vulnerable.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top