• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Florus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I really enjoyed the creepy atmosphere of Goetia, Darthmaul.  Most of the puzzles did have clues but some were easy to overlook.  Also, there was a good twist at the end that I really liked, and I played it through again to get the alternate ending.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1264

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I totally agree with Lady K, it’s exactly what I would write about it.

By the way, any news about Goetia 2?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Moeity site doesn’t seem to have anything new, Walas.  I hope they’re still making it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2021-05-19

PM

The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
I know that it may be more of an RPG than an adventure game - but I love Morrowind so much that for me it is even the best adventure game (includes adventure elements)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only got so far with Goetia but as my PC went pop & had to buy a new one I’ll have to start from scratch - thankfully I still have my Steam library but have to reinstall & start as new.

I’ve just finished Lost Horizon 2 for free thanks to Dale Thumbs Up for posting on the discount thread about freebies for Amazon Prime subscribers.

I wasn’t expecting much due to the poor review rating here but I really enjoyed it!
I loved the story which progressed quite logically for me - there were two? puzzles that were too random that seemed to need trying every combination which could have done with a little more reference, other than that I liked the others. There was some interactive & timed elements which actually took me a few attempts but doable & almost enjoyable. Yes, perhaps the game wasn’t up to it’s predecessor & was a little lacking but for me not a bad (if not good) sequel. But non-the-less I enjoyed the presentation of the game which we don’t see too much of any more.  Thumbs Up   

Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished an award winning, highly rated adventure game, Detention. An amazing horror game, very different and very creepy.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Adv_Lvr - 12 August 2021 07:25 PM

I finished an award winning, highly rated adventure game, Detention. An amazing horror game, very different and very creepy.

Heart

Love this game, one of my absolute favorites. There’s a movie and TV series adaptation too, and I need to get around to those.

The studio’s follow up game “Devotion” isn’t quite as stellar imo but still really good and worth playing.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just finished “Almost My Floor”

Very short (just under 3 hours), very entertaining point’n'click with a comedy/horror vibes and plot that can’t really be questioned. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it’s one of those games you play and like but then promptly move on to the next one without too many thoughts.

The puzzles aren’t really puzzles as majority call for “clicking on a certain spot in the certain moment”  or have an item you need to use in the immediate vicinity. There are a few that maybe a liiiiitle more complex, but even those can be solved within minutes as the very obvious clue is conveniently placed right by the task at hand.

It does have a pretty and stylish picture going, which I’m sure is one of the main selling points. And just the general wackiness of the situation is quite entertaining, but it won’t be going on any “best of the year” lists, and, I suppose, not every game should.  It’s like a candy bar - maybe not your best dessert and not your favorite, but it does hit the spot and satisfies at the moment.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

chrissie - 11 August 2021 11:48 AM

I only got so far with Goetia but as my PC went pop & had to buy a new one I’ll have to start from scratch - thankfully I still have my Steam library but have to reinstall & start as new.

Not necessarily. Steam has cloud saves, so your progress might be still there if you install the game on your new PC. I had that problem once and was really glad to see that my progress had been saved online.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thankyou LittleRose for that very useful info!  Smile

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished Return to the Mysterious Island. So good, but so short, you end up wanting more. It’s a puzzle heaven for MacGyver fans and alike, you improvise and create all sort of tools and mechanisms out of most common objects (it’s a desert island after all). It’s up to you whether you need instructions or not: the game encourages experiments, allows alternative solutions and multiple uses for items. At the same time it stays very true to the original Jules Verne’s plot despite the story takes place in our times. In fact a number of inventory combinations are borrowed directly from the novel while the ending part aboard Nautilus quotes Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas in many ways.

RMI is very beautiful with it’s panoramic view and easily stands the test of time. Too bad they weren’t allowed to make proper cutscenes for obvious budget restrictions - still black-and-white pictures look rather cheap compared and could’ve used an update. The games is also a bit too short: you just get the taste of it when it comes to an end. There was a sequel, but it didn’ live up to expectations from what I remember. The true spiritual successor was Voyage (Journey to the Moon) which I remember enjoying even more (to the point it entered my Top-10 adventures) and which I also hope to replay some time this year.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Doom - 16 August 2021 03:36 PM

Finished Return to the Mysterious Island. So good, but so short, you end up wanting more. It’s a puzzle heaven for MacGyver fans and alike, you improvise and create all sort of tools and mechanisms out of most common objects (it’s a desert island after all). It’s up to you whether you need instructions or not: the game encourages experiments, allows alternative solutions and multiple uses for items. At the same time it stays very true to the original Jules Verne’s plot despite the story takes place in our times. In fact a number of inventory combinations are borrowed directly from the novel while the ending part aboard Nautilus quotes Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas in many ways.

RMI is very beautiful with it’s panoramic view and easily stands the test of time. Too bad they weren’t allowed to make proper cutscenes for obvious budget restrictions - still black-and-white pictures look rather cheap compared and could’ve used an update. The games is also a bit too short: you just get the taste of it when it comes to an end. There was a sequel, but it didn’ live up to expectations from what I remember. The true spiritual successor was Voyage (Journey to the Moon) which I remember enjoying even more (to the point it entered my Top-10 adventures) and which I also hope to replay some time this year.

Yeah, I started this years ago but never really dug in. Other things in life took precedence over gaming for a while. It’s always there, tempting me. I’ll go back to it one of these days. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Doom - 16 August 2021 03:36 PM

Yeah, really cool game. I love the idea of a player trying stuff out and the game saying: sure, if you figure out a way to pull it off. Beats the old: “No, that’s not it.”

Must be a lot of work for the designers, though.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Vegetable Party - 17 August 2021 05:59 AM

Yeah, really cool game. I love the idea of a player trying stuff out and the game saying: sure, if you figure out a way to pull it off. Beats the old: “No, that’s not it.”

Must be a lot of work for the designers, though.

Yes, I loved that about Journey to the Moon - in many ways it felt more like a classic text adventure than a modern graphical one, which tend to be (of necessity) far more prescriptive. It sounds as though Return to Mysterious Island is similar, so it’s fairly high on the list of games I want to play when I get the chance.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished Yesterday after completing Yesterday Origins. Fun game, great story and puzzles. Solid Graphics and Voice acting. I’d play both again. Story was quite different in a good way.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top