• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Go To Hell Dave - an old-school adventure game

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Hi Adventure Gamers

I’m one of two guys attempting to set up an indie development studio based in Staffordshire, England called Falchion Games. We’re looking for a little support from the community to gain a little momentum for our first title, an adventure game called “Go to Hell Dave” is currently in production and we’re hoping to have a pre-alpha demo available and ready to download by the end of September.

‘Go to Hell Dave’ is the epic saga of Dave, a normal guy with a typical life until he smashes his car into a lamp-post, with his girlfriend Sharon in the passenger seat. Waking up at the gates of Hell, Dave discovers that his girlfriend has gone, Satan is missing and Hell has become a dilapidated mess.

‘Go to Hell Dave’ is a hilarious adventure in which you will take Dave on a tour of Hell’s nine floors, none of which you’ll never read about in the Bible or the Divine Comedy.

Check us out at
http://www.facebook.com/gotohelldave

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy our game.

Ben

p.s. I hope you guys don’t think we’re spamming the forum with this post. We’re just a couple of life-long point-and-click fans who are trying to get our ideas out there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I like the Name , it is Exactly what i want to say to one Dave As well Grin

The Topic of the Game seems Interesting with Satan and Hell.

Good Luck…

P.S:I could not Find your Facebook Page, Please add the Link

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

....aaaaaand it’s done. Thanks for your kind words man.

Smile

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Without being too pedantic, shouldn’t that be the 9 Circles Of Hell?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Jabod - 15 August 2012 02:10 PM

Without being too pedantic, shouldn’t that be the 9 Circles Of Hell?

Indeed it should. This is all part of the satirical plot of the game. I don’t want to give too much of the plot away, however I can say that in ‘Go To Hell Dave’, the player navigates the traditional circles of hell via a giant elevator.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

No, you go to hell!

J/k, looks very cool, thanks for letting us know about this.

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

inm8#2 - 15 August 2012 02:27 PM

No, you go to hell!

J/k, looks very cool, thanks for letting us know about this.

Hopefully it’ll half as cool as Sanitarium.

Sorry, I couldn’t help noticing your avatar picture.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Nine floors of hell sounds kind of uninspired, what about switching out floors with something with a bit more flavor, like say layers? Nine layers of hell.

Other than that I like the graphical style shown in the picture (although it’s hard to judge the quality 100 % in that small size) and the general idea. Only thing I dislike is the concept art of Dave and his girlfriend on Facebook - the eyes look bizarre, and not in a fun comical way, but just seriously bizarre.

It’d be nice though if you explained a bit more about the goals of the project? How large and ambitious are you aiming the game to be? What about funding? An ideal timeframe for release? etc. etc. I’m very interested :-)

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

The idea of 9 layers may have been done before but travelling to them via a lift isn’t and we have lots of mentalness to come in level design, ascetic and the random characters you will meet. In our books anything goes in hell. Our game will be anything but boring and generic :-)

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Love the interest. The plan is for a full scale downloadable title, we are going to go down the kickstarter route to secure more funding, We are currently building the assets and Levels, we have lots of dialogue for the opening areas. If funding is successful we plan to branch the game out to steam and other downloadable distributors.

We have an initial budget which will be sufficient to help fund the demo, marketing and distribution. It will be released when it’s finished depends how smooth things go I would love to release it at the end of the year but that is probably too aspirational. Also the character art work is now completely different it’s now like this

I had a much bigger picture posted originally on the page but it stretched longer than the page and I didn’t like the look of it.

We post more frequent on our facebook, but I don’t mind updating on here aswell if people are interested.

Lead Designer: Alex Byrom

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Oh Alex, I think you misunderstood the generic thing. I meant the wording of “nine floors of hell”, where as I would prefer you giving the naming of things a bit more flavor, like say “nine layers of hell” instead.

It’d be nice if you guys were to post some of the major updates on here for us who hardly ever visit Facebook and least of all specific pages on there.

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Yeah I realised that after I posted, Ben is the writer, I’m not sure but I think the whole “9 levels of hell” is implied it’s never said in-game, we are just trying to get our name out there at the moment, if you know anyone else who will be interested just post them to this or our facebook we will need all the help we can get when we launch our kickstarter.

Lead Designer: Alex Byrom

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

2nd area “The burger bar”

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Got a big update coming soon, full gameplay video with brand new animations

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

I cant wait to get my hands on this one.It looks really cool.I hope you guys dont have to face any funding problems.Are you going to do a kickstarter?

Now Playing:Zork Nemesis,Dragon Age GOTY,DOTA 2,Alter Ego
Next In Line:Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon,Tex Murphy:The Pandora Directive,Tex Murphy:Overseer,Fallout 1,2&Tactics;
Recently Finished:Runaway 1&2,Barrow Hill,Legend of Grimrock
Looking Forward To:The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle,Bioshock Infinite,Amnesia:A Machine For Pigs

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Yes we are, If you go on our facebook, http://www.facebook.com/GoToHellDave
We have more updates on there.

The plan is to use our budget to fund a high quality demo, once that is released, we will then host a kickstarter to get additional money to help fund the the rest of the development of the game. At the moment we have 2 almost complete panels, an additional background that just needs tweaking and the character animations should be with us by the end of the week.

We want to make an old school adventure game like the ones we played in our younger days, Broken sword, grim fandango, zack macracken. Hopefully we should have some brand new footage shortly, and to be-honest it makes me laugh and smile every time I test it.

If you know anyone who will be interested in a game like this spread the word, we are gonna need all the help we can get, and we have some great ideas for reward tiers.

Thanks for your input.

Alex Byrom: Lead Designer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top