• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day of the Tentacle Remastered announced!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

The backgrounds look very nice and consistent with the original art. I am looking forward to seeing some clips of animation. DOTT is an animation heavy game and I’m really anxious to see how this ‘upscaled’ somewhat original art style holds up in animation.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The more I look at the screenshots, the more comfortable I am with the backgrounds. I do think the sharp ham pink tones on the characters looks a little harsh though. Perhaps it will gel better when I see the game in motion.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I never played the original, so playing the remastered version will be my first time. Sounds like I missed one of the best adventure games of all time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Mikekelly - 06 November 2015 03:52 PM

Sounds like I missed one of the best adventure games of all time.

Heart

It really is a great game. I’d say it’s almost like a prototype design that many modern adventure games try to emulate in the way the puzzles and the story are constructed.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Mikekelly - 06 November 2015 03:52 PM

Sounds like I missed one of the best adventure games of all time.

One of the best for sure but still… some puzzles are extremely weird and random.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Out in March

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

From the looks of it the animations are pretty much 1:1 with the original. I think the new high resolution style works pretty well all around.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 05 December 2015 03:10 PM

From the looks of it the animations are pretty much 1:1 with the original. I think the new high resolution style works pretty well all around.

Yes it does.

Plenty of info and footage, it also answers remake arguments in the other thread.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

How is it possible that I almost missed this video.. Gasp 10 minutes long gameplay video of Day of the Tentacle Remastered with Tim Schafer.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/07/day-of-the-tentacle-remastered-developer-commentary-ign-first

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

20 minutes gameplay video of Day of the Tentacle Remastered:

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/watch_the_first_20_minutes_of_day_of_the_tentacle_remastered/

Looks really good! Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s up for pre-order: http://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

A bit peculiar full price, 16,69 dollars, but in all not a terrible tag.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

tomimt - 08 March 2016 05:27 AM

It’s up for pre-order: http://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

A bit peculiar full price, 16,69 dollars, but in all not a terrible tag.

It’s $17.99 Aussie Dollars down from $19.99.

Maybe it was priced in Aussie Dollars first since they are nice round numbers?

Confused

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

14.99 in euros. A bit more expensive than Grim Fandango, I think that one was 14.99 in dollars. Mayve something about the conversions

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

After discount, it was €13.49 in euros for me (with €1.40 to use on a future order). I’ve just pre-ordered it. It’s a great game and I’m looking forward to playing it.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

wilco - 08 March 2016 10:22 AM

14.99 in euros. A bit more expensive than Grim Fandango, I think that one was 14.99 in dollars. Mayve something about the conversions

I’m guessing they’ve had to do much more work on this, as they’ve upped the resolution for all backgrounds and charcters as well. I’d wager there was more people involved in making the DotT remake than Grim remake,

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top