• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nose guy: SPOT?! What have they done to you?! You don’t look like yourself!
Creature: Look who’s talkin’.

Goblin: (sings) “See the little goblin, see his little feet, and his little nosey-wose, isn’t the goblin sw…”
Man: Ahem…
Goblin: Sorry, didn’t see you there.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-03-08

PM

“I invited you over for a civilized meal, would you please stop kicking over my furniture?”

“Your traps would be much more effective if you put bait in them.”

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Coach Simone Legree:  All right team, listen up!  You know the Australians hold the world record for the 200 meter mosey at 6 hours, 39 minutes, and 6.2 seconds, so you have to keep your pace slow enough to beat those numbers.  It won’t be easy, but I know you guys can be slower than anyone else in the world, if you put your minds to it! 

Remember that unlike the 200-meter crawl, you must stay on your feet at all times and keep moving. If you stop, you’ll get a penalty of at least 5 minutes deducted from your overall time, and if you’re caught with water, you will be disqualified. 

I’ll be cheering you on from the shade here and will be tuned in via iPad to the overhead VultureCams.  If they get too close, I’ll send out the emergency camel. 

Okay, guys!  The world is watching!  Go shuffle your stuff and show them all how pokey you can be!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You mean I wore my best dress for this?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

“Seriously guys, that is the last time we are using the ancient Egyptian camel sat-nav to find us a hotel.”

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Camel: This is the first time that I have no idea who the main character is.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2008-08-09

PM

“So, it appears that some old sayings are actually true” said Zara, head of the Horse Design Committee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Intense Degree - 02 August 2012 04:54 AM

“Seriously guys, that is the last time we are using the ancient Egyptian camel sat-nav to find us a hotel.”

well as one who lives in Cairo surly i gained lots of informations about Camels and their breeds , especially every time someone of my Wife’s Family comes to Visit us here and that must Giza Pyramids Visit Smile,

this in the Screenshot is a Bactrian camel (Two Humps Camel) which originally of central Asia, they inhabit mainly Kazakhstan (which i guess that where thay are in the screenshot), China ,Mongolia and Australia as well. and they differ in a few ways than the other breed the Dromedary which are One Humped Camels ,those which Lives Giza/Egypt and i had ridden ,also they differ in dealing with the extreme variation of temperature they deal with the hot temperature and winter months of snow. but In general, Bactrian camels are much more mild-mannered than their hot-tempered dromedary kin.

they much stronger and command much higher prices than Dromedary camels which you rent (the latter) here in Giza for 10$ only per Hour, and beside Giza they also inhabit North Africa, South Asia and the Middle East as well.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Where is Diego?
Is the caption contest still on?
Will there be any more contests in this thread?

So many questions to be answered….

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Aaaand, the time has come to see:

Intense Degree - 02 August 2012 04:54 AM

Sefir - 01 August 2012 11:44 AM

It was then that the main character grew suspicion that something was wrong with his new friend….

Guildenstern - 01 August 2012 05:31 PM

Longnose: I ventured past all the traps into the very heart of enemy lands to challenge the evil mastermind and thwart his world domination plans and this is what I find? Frankly, I would have expected something a bit more intimidating.

Congratulations! You win:

Magical Food Recipes!

Runners-up:

Fantasysci5 - 01 August 2012 02:49 PM

Girl: “What? Why are you all staring at me? You never seen a girl before?”

Lady Kestrel - 02 August 2012 02:59 AM

You mean I wore my best dress for this?

chrissie - 01 August 2012 03:10 PM

Hi, me fat belly Hi,me long nose. - how did you hear about these cosmetic surgeons? - Aaagh! I think I’m having doubts about their methods.

You, but also everyone else wins: http://www.onthegotours.com/blog/2011/02/technical-and-practical-advice-on-how-to-ride-a-camel

Technical and Practical Advice on How to Ride a Camel!

Special “Most Disturbing Image” Award goes to:

ADan - 01 August 2012 03:26 PM

“... and then there where dicks made of poo hanging from the trees, and…”——“I don’t believe you.”

Special Award for her Achievements in the field of Unusual Sports goes to Lady Kestrel.

And a Special “Desert Fauna” Award goes to Advie. Yum

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Holy Camel Poo ,YES .. I didnt win again   but i got Special “Desert Fauna” Award, whatever that is Sarcastic

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

That’s the good with these contests Advie. There are so many laughs (and so many awards Wink ) that everybody wins eventually Smile.

Nice recipes Diego!! Also, perhaps it’s time that someone else should post a couple of images as well (I have some available, but I know that Advie wanted to post too), so that you too can take part in your own contest (and perhaps win an award)!!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You’re free to post the next round, Sefir.  Wink

Advie - 06 August 2012 08:48 AM

Holy Camel Poo ,YES .. I didnt win again   but i got Special “Desert Fauna” Award, whatever that is Sarcastic

Why, it’s a very prestigious Award for your contribution to the forum knowledge of these beautiful animals. Grin

Also, maybe you’d win some more awards if I could had read your captions Yum (just kidding, I read them, even though I think white font color would be easier to read on those)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Great choices diego! Intense Degree’s caption about the Egyptian camel sat-nav is my absolute favourite but all the captions are so entertaining - I just love this thread! And, wow, I was a runner-up - I wasn’t expecting it so I feel very honoured!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This thread is so much fun, and I love the prizes, Diego.  The “How to Ride a Camel” one is especially funny.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top