• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

my name’s Nikolaos and another way to say it is Nicolas Tongue.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I am very excited about this game! It looks like 2013 could end up being the best year ever for adventure games. Of course, some of them could get delayed into 2014 Smile

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

jhetfield21 - 24 August 2012 11:12 AM

my name’s Nikolaos and another way to say it is Nicolas Tongue.

Join the club. My name is Nikos (Nikolaos) too.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

swsta kavaliotis vlepw…..two members in the club so far….are we gonna get any more?

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

Tony at Rev has been answering some questions over at the comment section of KS and has said that, unlike the DC version of BS1, they will have both an examine and interact option when dealing with hotspots PLUS there will be many hotspots added to purely add an extra layer of depth to the in-game world. This is something that I was really hoping for and it is something the game needs to offer in order to be able to stand up to the original imo.

Also, he’s saying the game takes place after BS2. (Is it just me or does it seem like they pretending the 3/4 didn’t exist lol, for example, scripts for those games are not part of the KS rewards unlike the 1/2/5).

Edit: Charles has apparently said on FB or something that there’s gonna be an another goat! Grin

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I actually liked Broken Sword 3, despite the awkward controls Wink Broken Sword 4, I am a big iffy on, even though the controls were much improved. The story and characters didn’t really grab me as much in the 4th game, and it felt a bit weird that Nico was barely featured in it. I’ll say that I did enjoy playing the 4th Broken Sword game, but it’s just the least of the Broken Sword games to me.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well they do think they were a mistake….at least cecil has stated numerous times how the jump to the 3D and console wagon was mistaken so maybe they do.also it’s obvious they ignore the fourth because if memory serves Nico was supposed to be dead.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

I liked quite a bit of the 3rd and 4th actually. However, I feel the series’ quality has declined by a significant amount with every game. I feel after the 2nd game (which was nowhere near as good as the ‘pinnacle of the genre’ that is the 1st - shorter, linear, less possible interaction with the environment, script often replaced wit with juvenility etc but is still better than most of the genre’s games) the games were no longer in league with the ‘big boys of adventure games and fell into the ‘middle league’. Frown

lol Yeah, Nico didn’t die in BS4 Anna Maria did though (which bummed me out for the entire day after completing it).

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

I liked the third one and greatly disliked the fourth one. I don’t know what to think of the fifth one taking place after the second. Either it’s going to fall between the second and third or they’re going to pretend that the third and fourth don’t exist. Either way, I’m not too happy about that because I’d rather see them fix the terrible ending of the fourth game by showing us what George and Nico are up to next, whether they’ll get back together, how they’re dealing with the whole Anna Maria thing etc.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well don’t blame me if i don’t remember such things…..it was BS4 afterall.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m surprised to read comments often saying they don’t like the second or think it’s a great deal worse than the first, because to me the second game is my favorite - I guess I’m just a bit juvenile, but George showing everybody the panties is hilarious Wink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I quite liked 3 and 4.

Officialy the AG scores rank the games

1 - 5 stars
3 - 4 stars
4 - 3.5 stars
2 - 2 stars

Smile

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Even more rare - somebody who actually thinks 4 is genuinely good (and not just saying they somewhat liked it). What has the world come to!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-07-08

PM

Lucien21 - 24 August 2012 04:13 PM

2 - 2 stars

! Confused

Personally I don’t see the big difference in the first two games when it comes to quality. I played the second one first, and it was also one of the first adventures I ever played, which may be the reason for me loving the second one just as much as the first. But 2 stars seems very harsh. Yes, even a tiny bit ridiculous, I must say.

I really liked the third installement too, even though it isn’t as good as it’s predecessors. The fourth, I must admit, I haven’t played all the way through. I tried playing it the other day, but the graphical bugs it had on my new computer made it unplayable. I might pick it up on GOG some day, just for the fun of it.

Anyway, looking forward to munber 5!

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

KriD: The AG review of that particular game HAS gotten a lot of criticism over the years. But in the end, who cares? As long as you like it that’s all that matters, screw the reviewer! Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top