• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #82: The Dream Machine

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Moving fast through Chapter 3.

Didnt expect it to be some kind of Murder Mystery! My favorite chapter thus far.

Took me TOO long to find a substitute for the tomato juice. But in the end I found the solution. I am at the point where I have used all the radio frequences to find the notes left behind and I need to put them all together. I suspect I will have to do that in one of the windows.
The game is a small gem.

EDIT: I just discovered there are achievements! And one, that apparently I do not have is “save the bartender from dying”. Considering there is a HIGH chance the disappearence I am investigating came from above and he was just called for a “promotion”, I am not very optimistic for his future…. Frown

EDIT 2: JEEZ that went dark!! I finally managed to catch up and end Chapter 3. Unfortunately my prediction about the bartender was right, but I now wonder if I could have saved him (by ruining the Bloody Mary before sending it to the Bridge maybe? Or telling him he does not look good enough when he asks me?) and if the Tentacle would have been in a random Victor instead.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m having a problem with the missing sailor. I’ve reached the part where I found the hidden radio.

I even looked at a walkthrough that tells me to dial the frequency to 26.0 and return to Cabin 1, walk to the left side of the room, and hear beeping, use the plug at the bottom of the bead and retrieve a piece of paper. No such luck. I know it should work because I heard the beeping and retrieved a piece of paper on the balcony. There must be a trigger here that I missed. Clues are appreciated.

Edit: I obviously will not be moving on to Chapter 4 ‘til I get this solved.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 10 April 2024 11:31 AM

I’m still not sure what’s the deal with stirrup, anvil and hammer in the ear?

They’re the 3 small bones in the middle ear.  The Latin terms are malleus, incus & stapes.

Tim,
The bartender should have given you a napkin with the radio frequency clues before he went upstairs.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@LadyK -  He did. That is not the problem. The problem is I can’t get the radio to emit a beeping signal in Cabin 1. Which I need to do to get the piece of paper. I HAVE manage to do both at the Balcony location.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tim,
When I couldn’t get a signal on the balcony, I went to one of the other locations then went back it worked.  The only difference was I walked into the balcony screen with the frequency already set.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tim, The frequences are probably random in each playthrough. Mine were 26, 25 and 29. In any case, all 3 of your frequences are written in the paper the bartender gave you. One of them should work in the Cabin 1. Also you need to move a little bit around the room (with the radio open in the right frequency) so that the protagonist mentions they hear a feint sound..

chrissie - 09 April 2024 01:54 PM

Hi Sefir, I too am glad you are able to join us & congratulations to you & your wife.

Thanks!!
She is in the 5th month now and everything is going smoothly. Smile

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 April 2024 12:06 PM

I’m happy to see you here, too, Veovis!

Thanks Lady K!

As I thought I was indeed at the very end of chapter 3 when I quit last time. After having finished the chapter all I can say is that I absolutely love the game so far. The graphic design, premise and overall atmosphere in this game is just great. But the icing on the cake for me is the puzzle design, especially in chapter 3. Not easy but completely fair and – most importantly – so satisfying and fun to solve.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I had to relay from the beginning of Chapter 3. Yes, the frequencies were random. Because I played again from the beginning, it was necessary to go through every bit of dialogue again, with every player. I think it took me longer to replay than it did the first time.

I’m still not finished with the chapter, but I thought I needed a break. Will try to finish tonight or tomorrow. Then it’s on to Chapter 4.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1659

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Even though I’m not participating in the playthrough because the game just looked a little too weird for me, I’m greatly enjoying everybody’s comments. It is good to see some excitement. Thumbs Up

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

In chapter 3, we had a peek into Alicia’s interior life via her cruise dream and finally took care of another tentacle in a rather gruesome way.  The couple was reunited in the dreamscape, but Alicia is still sleeping, albeit more restfully.
DM Kiss

Chapter 4 begins with this quote:
“Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.”

-Philip Larkin

At the beginning, Victor knows that he must figure out how to enter the dreams of the other people in his building, so when you’re ready, go ahead and start with your nearest neighbor, Edie.

There are some clever and unique puzzles in this chapter, so although it’s a bit shorter than the previous one, I think we may need another week for it.  See if you can finish it by next Wed., April 17.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Great!

I will play it this weekend, lots of signals here: my name is Eduardo (so Edie applies) and my 50th birthday is next April 17 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Mine was yesterday, Walas, although it wasn’t my 50th. Wink

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 April 2024 07:06 PM

Mine was yesterday, Walas, although it wasn’t my 50th. Wink

It was your spirit’s 50th Kiss Happy birthday by the way!

Yesterday would have been my dad’s 83th birthday.

Aries rules!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Another Aries here. Are we pehaps overrepresented among adventure game aficionados?:)

Will with great anticipation dive into chapter 4 this weekend.

Total Posts: 1659

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wife was earlier this, mine is coming up in a few days lol. Birthdays everywhere

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top