• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

If you could wipe one adventure game from your brain…

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If you could erase the memory of one adventure game so you could play it again for the first time, what would it be?

I have more than one and I can’t choose. All three have a superb story.
Return of the Obra Dinn. For the obvious reason that it’s so much fun figuring out every person’s identity and piecing the story together.
The Wolf Among Us. Bigby! Heart Eyes And all the other wonderful fairy tale characters. I’d love to experience the exciting and emotional rollercoaster with all the twists and turns for the first time.
Outer Wilds. Again, piecing everything together, which is quite challenging. The most satisfying ending ever.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Severe cheating for this answer but the original Ace Attorney Trilogy and the Blackwell series. I’d love to do that run up to Epiphany fresh again.

If I had to choose a single game I might go with Discworld Noir, getting lost in that setting was a really special first time experience.

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Too hard to choose. My Shortlist in order;

1. Grim Fandango
2. The Pandora Directive (I skipped several days of school to finish it)
3. Black Dahlia
4. The Longest Journey

I also second Discworld Noir, the atmosphere is magical. Finishing the Blackwell series also gave me that warm fuzzy feeling of having completed a long journey, and seeing my new friends through it.

Too bad you can never go back.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Return of the Obra Dinn is a good choice. I would’ve also added Hypnospace Outlaw, but there’s a sequel on the way which looks like the same old game with a new story. I tend to forget older titles after some time, so it’s just a matter of waiting for 10-15 years and then replaying them like it’s the first time.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice thread! And a nice on twist on the first thing that came to my mind: a game I’d like to wipe from my brain to clear up space. But this is better than mental disc space management.

Day of The Tentacle: I know the game from start to finish. It’s probably the one game where every puzzle solution was still stuck in my mind somewhere while playing the remake. I wonder how I’d experience the game with a clean slate.

The Last Express: Amazing game. I think coming into the game without knowing anything about the story, except maybe the historical setting, really enhances the experience.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its actually of my top 10, LSL3, I wish I can forget all about Kalalau dumping me for another woman; the divorce, and the whole…
for real, the drama and silliness of that part always stuck in my mind

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

My answer is Riven, but not because I think it’s the greatest adventure ever and not because I had a ton of fun playing it.

I’ve heard so many people praise it and talk about how great it is, and I just didn’t have that same experience. I played it with a friend when I was in my early teens and we just didn’t “get” it. We struggled for hours on the puzzles until finally checking a walkthrough, and I remember a complex puzzle in a cave which we never got past. I remember the scenery being gorgeous, but other than that I think it was wasted on me. I just wasn’t mature enough for it. And I hadn’t even played Myst yet.

I’ve never tried playing it again because I felt that experience tarnished the game. So if I could, I’d love to erase that whole experience and play it with fresh eyes. I would like to think of Riven as something more than impossible puzzles, which I know it is.

I’ve grown to love 1st person puzzlers like RHEM, Quern, The Witness and Obduction and the rest of the Myst series. So ideally I’d absolutely love a remake of the same quality that Myst got last year, with modern graphics and free roaming movement. If that happened I’d definitely jump right in.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If the question is what game you have played before that you would love to play again without the memory of that game, GK3 would be my game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 13 May 2022 09:42 PM

If the question is what game you have played before that you would love to play again without the memory of that game [...]

I’m not entirely sure what part of If you could erase the memory of one adventure game so you could play it again for the first time, what would it be? you didn’t understand. Everybody else seems to get it.

I apologize for my Dunglish, but please don’t feel obliged to respond to anything I post.

Total Posts: 848

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

If you mean by saying the things that are written in words to formulate the question you are posing to query what adventure game manufactured in the digital format and controlled an input device, most likely a mouse—but possibly sometimes a keyboard or controller—one would wish to disremember from one’s cranial thinking device in order for said one to re-experience in a quasi-simulation of one’s initial sequence of interactions with this same game, then I posit thus:

I wouldn’t wish to forget any of the games that I played as a youth, because in addition to the experience of interacting with the game itself, the game itself factors into many associated warm and fuzzy ‘meta’ memories. Maybe I’d like to play KQ5 again for the first time…but I definitely wouldn’t want to forget the many hours I spent with my friends and brothers trying to fudge our way through the game, in the days when logging onto Compuserve or AOL for hints was not so simple for a group of 7-10 year olds.

So I’ll choose Thimbleweed Park. One of my favorite recent games, and I’m sure I’d enjoy experiencing it again for the first time, especially because I actually really liked and was completely surprised by The Twist.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Als mijn Engels zo waardeloos is dat mensen het nodig vinden te doen alsof ze het niet begrijpen of er zogenaamd geestig commentaar op leveren, dan lijkt het me beter om voortaan in mijn moerstaal te posten. Of misschien liever nog helemaal te verdwijnen.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Pretty sure Baron Blubba was satirizing rtrooney’s comment in his distinctive way Laughing Don’t disappear, Karlok.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 14 May 2022 03:54 PM

Pretty sure Baron Blubba was satirizing rtrooney’s comment in his distinctive way Laughing Don’t disappear, Karlok.

That wasn’t satire. That was sarcasm. Big difference.

Karlok’s origininal post said

If you could erase the memory of one adventure game so you could play it again for the first time, what would it be?

My response, to clarify if I was interpreting her correctly, said

what game you have played before that you would love to play again without the memory of that game?

Either one of us might have phrased our comments better, but they essentially say the same thing. “If you could forget a game so that you could play it again for the first time, what would that game be?”

And, yes, I found BB’s attempt at sarcasm insulting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Karlok - 14 May 2022 02:41 PM

Als mijn Engels zo waardeloos is dat mensen het nodig vinden te doen alsof ze het niet begrijpen of er zogenaamd geestig commentaar op leveren, dan lijkt het me beter om voortaan in mijn moerstaal te posten. Of misschien liever nog helemaal te verdwijnen.

Your English is excellent.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

In het Nederlands en het Engels.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 14 May 2022 09:17 PM

In het Nederlands en het Engels.  Thumbs Up

If that was supposed to be English, then I just don’t know what to do with you.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top