• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

fire7side

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Simon_ASA - 06 July 2018 05:57 AM

Played it for an hour yesterday. I didn’t solve many puzzles but saw the ending scene (or one end? Are there several ones?).

I think there’s some degree of variation during the scene where you’re talking to your father and answering the door depending on things you did prior.

The very end stays the same no matter what, though.

DontNot has confirmed that certain choices in this game will impact Life Is Strange 2, curious to see how considering that Captain Spirit feels very self contained.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Has there been any word on who the main focus is going to be on? I think theres at least a chance its the characters we see waving to chris at the end. Thats assuming that this next game does not focus on max. I kind of hope it does not focus on the first game characters, but i imagine its what many fans want.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zane - 06 July 2018 10:13 AM

Has there been any word on who the main focus is going to be on? I think theres at least a chance its the characters we see waving to chris at the end. Thats assuming that this next game does not focus on max. I kind of hope it does not focus on the first game characters, but i imagine its what many fans want.

I just assumed it would focus on Chris, which would make the series theme “adolescent with superpowers”. It makes sense.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It feels like dontnod has been implying we’ll see chris again in LiS2 in a way thats not the main character. I just watched the end again and it seems like theres a real possibility its not chris who uses powers to break the fall, but the kid on the right. So maybe they are the focus.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

zane - 06 July 2018 10:13 AM

DontNod have explicitly said we’re not continuing Max’ story in LiS2 so it wont be that. Although there is a Life Is Strange comic mini-series coming out. It’s a direct sequel to the first game if you’re interested in a continuation to that story.

zane - 06 July 2018 10:52 AM

It feels like dontnod has been implying we’ll see chris again in LiS2 in a way thats not the main character. I just watched the end again and it seems like theres a real possibility its not chris who uses powers to break the fall, but the kid on the right. So maybe they are the focus.

I agree I think if we were playing as Chris again they wouldn’t speak about it so ambiguously. I personally think we’re going to play as the older neighbor kid. I’m not sure if DontNod would want to do a full series with a protagonist in the 10~12 age range. But who knows? Guess we’ll find out in September.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Did Chris have superpowers or not That was one thing I didn’t understand because it was so utterly uninteresting.

I would prefer a story about a normal kid like in Before The Storm.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oscar - 06 July 2018 07:31 PM

Did Chris have superpowers or not That was one thing I didn’t understand because it was so utterly uninteresting.

I would prefer a story about a normal kid like in Before The Storm.

We dont know. The two possibilities we’re left with at the end are chris has super powers, or the kids nextdoor have superpowers Captain spirit was pretty much a teaser, to remind people LiS2 isnt dead and to show off a bit what theyv been doing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top