• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #70: Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve managed to get to the point where all 3 characters are reunited…..no, you can’t miss it!  Laughing

To get the diamond I needed a nudge & then felt really stupid because once I’d got the contract signed I never thought to put the stamp on it, but after that posting it was the obvious thing to do! I never expected the result but was there any clue to that earlier that I forgot?

I accidently striped the cat by trying to do something with the fence & already had the toy mouse so….. what else can you do with a cat in your pocket?

Nico, you need to find a way of getting something for the cat from another cat in a different time period
  Smile

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

chrissie - 21 February 2022 02:30 PM

I’ve managed to get to the point where all 3 characters are reunited…..no, you can’t miss it!  Laughing

To get the diamond I needed a nudge & then felt really stupid because once I’d got the contract signed I never thought to put the stamp on it, but after that posting it was the obvious thing to do! I never expected the result but was there any clue to that earlier that I forgot?

I accidently striped the cat by trying to do something with the fence & already had the toy mouse so….. what else can you do with a cat in your pocket?

Nico, you need to find a way of getting something for the cat from another cat in a different time period
  Smile

So basically i need the toy mouse but i m kinda stuck about the puzzle. I m trying to find something to make the bed keep squeaking so i have time to get the toy but as i said i tried everything. Only thing i have no idea what it does is the machine with the holes at Laverne Period.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nico2021 - 21 February 2022 03:39 PM

Only thing i have no idea what it does is the machine with the holes at Laverne Period.

I think you need to use one of them but in the meanwhile I can’t remember how you get that squeaky toy from the cat in the attic but it’s something to do with the beds so take a closer look at the details of those.  Smile

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So basically i need the toy mouse but i m kinda stuck about the puzzle. I m trying to find something to make the bed keep squeaking so i have time to get the toy but as i said i tried everything. Only thing i have no idea what it does is the machine with the holes at Laverne Period.

Do you need to keep the bed squeaking or do you just need to get the cat away from the toy for longer?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

TimovieMan - 21 February 2022 03:56 PM

Do you need to keep the bed squeaking or do you just need to get the cat away from the toy for longer?

Thanks both, the last hint was on spot. Gave me the little push i needed to solve the puzzle. I have reunited the team now and ready for more. I guess next section will be the last as my save file is at 88%.

This section was really funny and the best so far, although i had some problems with the puzzles.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m finished with the section. There were some puzzles here I didn’t remember right away, but I think there were plenty of clues. In some points those clues are really shoved to your face. But this is from the view of a re-player.

It still does feel horrible to put the hamster through all that, even though the whole game is very cartoony violent.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve reached our characters’ reunion. I’m at 90% after 6 hours and 11 minutes of play.

I pretty much remembered every single puzzle in this section, so I got to this point in just over half an hour.
The hamster-shenanigans is pretty memorable. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Is everyone done with last section? Should we move on?

Total Posts: 533

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Can’t shake the feeling that the silence in this thread is because of the dark things happening here in Europe right now. It’s hard to find joy in playing computer games (or in anything for that matter…) as long as this situation continues. Hope everyone is alright at least.

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Veovis - 28 February 2022 06:52 AM

Can’t shake the feeling that the silence in this thread is because of the dark things happening here in Europe right now. It’s hard to find joy in playing computer games (or in anything for that matter…) as long as this situation continues. Hope everyone is alright at least.

To be honest i thought about that after posting. Must be really hard for people directly involved.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So, you’re all ready to deal with the evil tentacle.. tentacles… uhh.. to finish the game? Great, feel free to tackle the last part:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I finished the game. Took half an hour from stop point. There is like 1 more puzzle until the end.

It was a very good experience playing it. The puzzles are really memorable and funny, characters are great and generally i have no complains about anything.

Thanks Diego for leading the playthrough and rest participants, especially those that helped with those tricky puzzles.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve finished the game. Only took ten minutes or so. The credits probably took longer than my actual remaining playtime. Tongue

The game is still a hoot and one of the absolute best AGs of all time, imo. The Remaster itself is a little lackluster for my tastes, but I won’t hold that against the game.

This will always remain a personal favourite, and I’m sure I’ll revisit it again in a few years.

Thank you, Diego, for leading the CPT. I did far too many things in the first section, so for my playthrough I probably broke your intended CPT pace. Innocent

But at least I got some meaningless bragging rights out of it:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 01 March 2022 05:53 PM

I did far too many things in the first section, so for my playthrough I probably broke your intended CPT pace. Innocent

That’s alright… as I mentioned, I’d rather for players to feel the intended “freedom” within the game, even if that means doing more than needed in one chapter.

I agree with both of your comments - DOTT is one of the best adventure ever made (holds special place in my heart for it’s incredible puzzles and unique “cartoon game” feeling) matched only by couple of games in my TOP ever list. The remastered edition is welcomed, could be better, mainly in the graphics department.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone beside Nico and Tim reaching the end of the game?

Since the last part is not that big, I guess we can continue with the voting process for the new playhthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top