• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Yeah. It’s crunching in your ears, although it’s not changing the position. I like the illustration and the mood of the game. The puzzles aren’t outstanding but nice to work through nonetheless and at the end the game gets a special vide.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Conga (C64) - just one more time.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Wave Hero (C64) - ahh, summer.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Naughty Ones (Amiga) - smooth nice platformer, level 3 was bloody good. Sometimes the balancing & level design wants you to die.

l3 muzak (6:13)

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

meteor - 08 July 2022 11:37 AM

Naughty Ones (Amiga) - smooth nice platformer, level 3 was bloody good. Sometimes the balancing & level design wants you to die.

l3 muzak (6:13)

speaking of platformers, I finished Polyroll a while ago. It’s often written off as a Sonic-clone in Super Mario World, but the controls and level design are better than the Sonic games and there’s influences from Euro-platformers as well.

It doesn’t push the envelope, but it knows what it’s doing. There’s a lot of optional stuff, hidden mini-games, little jokes and tricks in the level design. I liked it a lot.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

@Polyroll
Nice comment from Steam: Polyroll feels like the kind of hidden gem you would stumble upon at a garage sale in the 90’s (when some kid was getting rid of their SEGA Genesis in an effort to save up for Mario 64). You’d find it in a small stack with Sonic 2, Streets of Rage and a couple of sports games. After getting your fill of the other classics you’d pop it in with low expectations and then spend the rest of the weekend happily engrossed in this offbeat mascot platformer.

This game has a charm to it.

Frozen Desert

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Next one, a monster, will take some time but looking forward to it.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I like that comment.

I tried the new link - is it supposed to go to a chiptune site? Is there a game attached to it that I’m missing?

I was also wondering if you play these games using a keyboard, a joystick or a gamepad.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Well, if you tried the link. What else can I say.

Mostly the keyboard, when you’re in a comfy mood or just play for a few minutes. Real gaming input device when a session gets more serious and the advantage matters, in order to succeed.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Jimmy’s Fantastic Journey (Amiga) - nice platformer too with a relaxed mood, easier than expected but also with a less interesting level design, shorter but more exciting would have been better.

So. I would be ready for RTMI now.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice soundtrack again.

https://bad-pet.itch.io/devil-express

A low-res, low-stakes interaction and fetch-quest adventure. Actually, it’s more like a visual novel, disguised as a scrolling pixel adventure.

I was looking for a short game that I could finish in less than an hour - this is definitely that. It was sweet. It’s basic, the writing is clever and fun. It low key got me in the feels.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

I tried a couple of non VR climbing games. Some get certain aspects right or are fun, but none of them was really good. They all feel kind of odd & wrong, a.o. lack that parallel and dynamic movement climbing is about. Anyway, two of them, without music, but here is a tune to get pumped:

klifur
bouldering at home

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Myst VR - I was curious about the ‘The Hands & More’ Quest update. I mean, who wouldn’t? I never felt a desire to touch the original (or the other implementations before), but it’s nice in VR (whilst the PC version looks better). Neat atmosphere. A.o. I enjoyed the sonic world and its railway system with its almost electrostatic Krell feeling in the barebone metallic Nebuchadnezzar. The Dig (and its underwater tram system) could be a blast in VR. Highly recommended for the many technologically savvy youngsters on this forum.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

meteor - 02 August 2022 10:54 AM

Highly recommended for the many technologically savvy youngsters on this forum.

Out of curiosity why is it not recommended for the technologically savvy oldsters here?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

meteor was basically going around being edgy and pushing buttons. This seems like a fine example of just that. I think he got cease-and-desisted by our good Lady Kestrel.

edit: honest mistake. enjoy your stay on the forum meteor.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top