• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #74 - Still Life

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It doesn’t look like you’ve extracted the file.

After you have unzipped the file you have to click on ‘StillLife.sav’ & then ‘Extract all’.
You Select a Destination - for me the default one was

C:\Users\my name\Downloads\StillLifeAfterRobotPuzz

You should be able to find the save in that location & copy & paste it into the Still Life save folder.
Hope that helps Smile

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Couple of things, first, thank you for the birthday wishes. I survived the festivities. Second, I managed to get about 2/3 of the way through the robot puzzle, but kept getting zapped. So, after about six or seven tries, I gave up. Third, had some problems extracting the file all the way. My fault. After an earlier download I double clicked on the .sav file, and was asked what I wanted to used to open the file. Thinking I might find some useful information I selected Notepad. Bad mistake as Notepad became the default for doing stuff. I know I can open file associations and remove Notepad, but I basically said “enough is enough” and watch the endgame on video. Not as satisfying, but it appeared to me that there wasn’t all that much puzzle solving once you were finished with re robot.

Some other comments. I, too, would have been annoyed with the painting names/database search. Even though all the work was essentially done for via the flashing names, it just seems as if there could have been a less tedious way to get the information. I was actually getting a little irritated watching someone else do the work. I also couldn’t tell if Mia survived. Hope she did.

Even though we don’t know who the killer is, that shouldn’t be the case. After all, Victoria shot him/her, so there ought to be some blood at the crime scene, (both at the bridge and in Mia’s apartment.) At least enough the tell you the sex of the killer.

I liked the game overall. Somebody, I think it was jdawg said he didn’t like the cookie puzzle because they took you out of a game-playing state of mind. I think two puzzles, the lock pick and the robot, were so difficult that they did exactly the same thing.

I do have some other questions. For example: Were crowman and Ackerman the same person? Maybe some others have questions of their own when we get to discussion period. Which I guess will happen when Walas finishes the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1291

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

You can start the discussion period whenever you want, I still don’t know when I will be able to finish the game, probably tomorrow…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 05 October 2022 04:05 PM

........ had some problems extracting the file all the way. My fault. After an earlier download I double clicked on the .sav file, and was asked what I wanted to used to open the file. Thinking I might find some useful information I selected Notepad. Bad mistake as Notepad became the default for doing stuff.

It’s a shame that you didn’t get to play to the end.

You can still very easily extract the file by clicking on the .sav file just once & then Click on ‘Extract all’ at the top of the screen. No need to alter settings.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2022 05:19 PM

It’s a shame that you didn’t get to play to the end.

I’m sure that sometime in the near future I will go back and try to solve some puzzles on my own. I know I want to solve the “Key” puzzle. And I might want to find out why, even with a walkthrough, I couldn’t get past the Lock-pick puzzle. And I certainly want to either get the robot save game installed or actually solve it myself.

But I just don’t have it in me to do any of those things now. And I’m not disappointed that I finished the game watching a video. I’m sure you remember all the casual game playthroughs when it was questionable whether purchasing the CE version was worth it. In most instances it was not. You could just watch the bonus material on YouTube and say “Meh” glad I didn’t buy it. But there were exceptions.

This is like that for me. Everything before the start of the robot puzzle is the main game. Everything after is the Bonus. I’m OK with my choice. Will try to rectify things later.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I was a few days away. I will finish the game today, and I am totally o, that you started a new call for a new community playthrough :-)

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sorry, I don’t know when I will be able to finish the game.

Please, feel free to start a new CPT.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 10 October 2022 01:11 PM

Sorry, I don’t know when I will be able to finish the game.

Please, feel free to start a new CPT.

You need to request that a mod unpin the thread and then Lady K will probably do a recap of the last vote and set the dates for nominations to start/end.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My guess is when you started leading this playthrough, for which we are all grateful, you had, as you said, some serious translation deadlines. And I guess from your last post, you might be a bit behind. Understood. With your permission I’m going to ask Lady K to unpin the thread with the obvious caveats that the thread will always be open for comments and conversation. Again, we are all grateful for your leadership of this playthrough.

And, since you implied permission in you last post, I’m asking a mod to unpin the thread and ask Lady K to open the Time for a New Playthrough for nominations and voting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thank you very much, I hope you all enjoyed this CPT although I was terribly busy while playing it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d like to suggest that nominations & voting for a new ‘Time for a new community playthrough’ can begin during the concluding part of a playthrough rather than afterwards.

It avoids the urgency to have the thread unpinned before the anticipated scheduled deadline, which in this case would’ve been tomorrow, & before ALL participants have finished & had time to comment if they wish. 

I’d also like to propose that it is the call of the playthrough leader to request that the thread is unpinned otherwise, failing that, is there any need until a new playthrough has been announced?

@walas, thankyou for organising this playthrough despite having a very busy schedule & I hope you find time to finish the game! I know, apart from that robot puzzle, I enjoyed this game far more than I did the first time I played & it’s always interesting to read the comments of fellow participants Thumbs Up 

Just for you (walas, unless you want to share!) Laughing :

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Haha, thank you, I share, I share!!! (had too much of those lately)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

FWIW I just installed Still Life 2. I bought it the same time as I bought SL1. Both were under $1 US, so it’s not like it was a risky bet. I’m fairly certain now that SL2 was the game I didn’t like. Not sure why I thought there were three Still Life games other than I probably conflated Post Mortem into the McPherson trilogy.

Wil play it when I get the chance. It’s supposed to reveal who the killer is. As evidence of my not thinking much of the game, I must have given up on it before the killer was revealed.

I’ll probably use this thread to post my SL2 thoughts rather than start a new thread to discuss a game the very few people like, and one that I may not finish.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 11 October 2022 06:58 AM

I’d like to suggest that nominations & voting for a new ‘Time for a new community playthrough’ can begin during the concluding part of a playthrough rather than afterwards.

It avoids the urgency to have the thread unpinned before the anticipated scheduled deadline, which in this case would’ve been tomorrow, & before ALL participants have finished & had time to comment if they wish.

Certainly a proposal that made on the TFANCP thread. I would support it. However, while it might be easy to say “OK. We’re starting Chapter 7. I’ll let Lady K know that it’s OK to start a new nomination/vote.”, it might be more difficult when a game has less structure.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tim, please be considerate here. This playthrough has not yet concluded as Sylv has not had a chance yet to get through the last chapter & maybe walas can find the time to finish before the next playthrough.

I was of the same mind of you & have been playing Still Life 2.

I’m just putting my impressions together to post on another thread as in my mind they have no place on this one so I would please ask out of respect to the playthrough here to refrain from using this thread for your thoughts other than for the game featured! 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top