• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #78: The Case of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I took my time and finished the dlc. I enjoyed it a lot as the main game. its a lot shorter than main game (3 cases) but has the same quality and value. For me it was kinda easier to bruteforce with trying different words and i didn’t need any hints this time. Although sometimes when i got a scenario right i was kinda surprised. I agree with veovis that the reasons of actions in the third chapter are not explained well. But i guess its hard to construct a scenario where its challenging to play while trying not to reveal a lot of clues and reasoning.

Anyway, thanks Karlok for leading this very good and enjoyable adventure.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DCast - 23 June 2023 11:27 AM

The second one was definitely more on the convoluted side, which is to say – I was surprised to read the details of how everything unfolded even after I solved the scroll correctly.  Maybe we aren’t supposed to guess all the minutia to begin with, and the game fills out smaller details in the end summary for us to learn exactly how it all happened, so we are meant to, sort of, do a rough draft when we are solving the case?

By scroll you mean the test? No, the end summary is no different from the other cases and you can find all the details yourself. I take it you didn’t decode the Printing House message to both siblings?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

@Karlok
No, I mean the scroll we have to fill out in the “thinking” mode (I believe it’s literally called that), after completing which we can move on to other chapters.

I did decode the message. I have also observed the broken bottle and the blue ink on her hand, which I thought, at first, was from writing/handling a letter with this particular color. I have ended up realizing that it involved an insect bite (albeit in a strange place) in the end, but I’d have never connected the above into very precise “cricket being in a bottle, and Tissa throwing it into a machine in order to kill Arri” ( especially considering that bottle label reads “Throw me in the eye”). I just haven’t. The pieces of that were there but didn’t fall into this neat description for me. Again, this can be me not seeing it, but I was surprised to see this detail. And it was more of “Oh that’s how it happened? Ok”, and I’d proceed to rationalize it, as oppose to me knowing exactly how it happened.

There were a few other moments where I was surprised to read about particular details in the summary, even though I’ve got the case right.
I believe you that with right amount of time spent and observational skills people can get ALL the details, especially considering that you managed to find that unbelievable screenshot of a musician which I would never, in a million years, have found, but for me - some details of some summaries were surprising to read. I haven’t used any hints throughout the game, and maybe that would have helped, and I also have never gone back over the case to figure out exactly where did this detail come from, and how could I have missed it, because I don’t have that kind of time. I just solved the case, raised my eyebrows on the few occasions and moved on, and since that wasn’t true for all cases (some were as clear as I’d imagined them) - that’s why some seem more convoluted than others.

With that being said, I also haven’t found an answer to Veovis question about the need to do what was done in the last case to begin with…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@DCast: I forgot all about the “throw me in the eye” bit, which I didn’t get either. So yes, the picture of Tissa in the summary was an eye opener for me as well. The eyes of the contraption are hardly noticeble anyway, the devs should have made them a bit more conspicuous.

The last case is not very good imo and Veovis’ questions remain unanswered.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Off-topic: Back to captain Witterel, eh?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@zobraks: I take it you have no objections. Tongue
But I don’t think I ever used my beloved badass captain as my avatar. Only the spear-throwing mermaid.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top