• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secret Files 3 finally has a release date (SEP 14, 2012)

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

So far…Not much interaction with others (as someone stated) and it’s currently very easy. The story is interesting so far, i want to know more.

The problems i currently have is how traveling is done. You finish a segment, black screen that says HOURS LATER, and you’re on the other part of the world. I know it doesn’t sound so bad but it kinda spoils the mood the way its done. It really feels you are playing segments and not a complete game. Also they use the screen for totally pointless things. Like seconds later… Why do you need a separate black screen for this?

The voice acting althou not bad, has its ups and downs. But the biggest problem is how easy it is. I am a very impatient gamer (don’t like being stuck for long and quick to glance at a walkthrough) and i am flying through it. Not getting stuck at all. I think the issue is that the the individual parts are relatively small, you have usually 2-3 areas to explore and with the “show hotspots” its really hard to get stuck.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2007-01-21

PM

All I needed was one glance at the sexed-up cover to know this game is not good.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I think the difficulty is just right. I’ve been pretty stumped several times so far but maybe I’m just a nub.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Well i have finished. Very mediocre if you ask me. The story is ok, but told in a very simple manner. The game is one of the easiest i’ve ever played. There are only 2 times i got stuck a bit, other than that really simple. You usually have 5 things in the inventory, with two rooms to explore so its really hard to get stuck. Its also quite short, but apparently there are 4 different endings. I may see what they are later but for now im done.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

Stuart - 14 September 2012 01:46 PM

Friend of mine said it was very easy, quite short, and disappointing. Meh

He is just one person, would love to hear more thoughts.

It’s very easy, quite short, and disappointing.

I’m glad the puzzles aren’t as insane as in the first two games (esp. the second), but here they’re mostly busywork. The story starts out fine, but when you stop and think about it, very little of what happens in the game makes any sort of sense. It’s just a series of more or less illogical sequences, and then it ends.

OTOH, it’s not a game I disliked playing. There was always a sense of curiosity about what came next, and it was always moderately entertaining. If you haven’t bought it yet, I suggest waiting for a Steam-sale or something.

Total Posts: 1088

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Art direction all over the place,character models are stiff as a board and doesnt look improved a bit, totally disappointing.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 18 September 2012 05:43 AM

Art direction all over the place,character models are stiff as a board and doesnt look improved a bit, totally disappointing.

Compared with what? It’s what I expected from the people who made SF1 and 2 - absolutely ridiculous “guess what I’m thinking” puzzles, shallow characters, decent thriller story with lots of locations. And the graphics are nice.

However I whizzed through it in maybe 8 hours taking my time, so hardly value for money if you’re in it for length. Definitely seemed shorter than Tunguska.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I keep hearing about hte shortened length. That’s a bloody shame. Is it because there are less puzzles or because they’re easier? How would you describe the gameplay of the game. Similar to the other SF titles or more casual like those city interactive games?

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Just beat it. I didn’t think it was too short or too easy. Took me about 8 hours to beat (with cheating) which is pretty normal for a game these days.

However, while I still liked the game, it’s probably my least favorite of the 3. Not because of anything gameplay related but because I just thought the other 2 games had more interesting atmospheres (the train, the boat, more nature). This one just had too much metal and dream sequences. But I still enjoyed it.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gray pierce - I can’t remember enough about 1 and 2 (not particularly memorable games for me) but SF3 was by no means the worst and possibly my favorite. Definitely not anything like a casual game, though you can choose easy or hard for some puzzles and I suspect the easy mode is more ‘casual’. It’s very much a traditional adventure game, which means lots of obtuse inventory puzzles which you usually only figure out the logic to after you’ve completed them. There was far less switching characters than I feared (no extended sequences playing Max as in SF2) and you played Nina for almost the whole time. There was also a great sequence where I thought I’d fallen into Fate of Atlantis, which was more epic than anything I could remember from 1 or 2. The best part of the game is a long montage at the end which tells you what happens to all the characters - both humorous and a nice ending to the series.

In summary if you liked 1 and 2, definitely get 3 because you’ll probably like it more than me, and I liked it.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Oscar - 20 September 2012 10:41 AM

Gray pierce - I can’t remember enough about 1 and 2 (not particularly memorable games for me) but SF3 was by no means the worst and possibly my favorite. Definitely not anything like a casual game, though you can choose easy or hard for some puzzles and I suspect the easy mode is more ‘casual’. It’s very much a traditional adventure game, which means lots of obtuse inventory puzzles which you usually only figure out the logic to after you’ve completed them. There was far less switching characters than I feared (no extended sequences playing Max as in SF2) and you played Nina for almost the whole time. There was also a great sequence where I thought I’d fallen into Fate of Atlantis, which was more epic than anything I could remember from 1 or 2. The best part of the game is a long montage at the end which tells you what happens to all the characters - both humorous and a nice ending to the series.

In summary if you liked 1 and 2, definitely get 3 because you’ll probably like it more than me, and I liked it.

Thank you. That was very informative. I preordered the boxed version from a Dutch online shop about two months ago and was starting to fear that wasn’t such a wise move after all.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

It’s a good game. I just finished it. Started a few days ago, and the game tells me I played 928 minutes. Not too short, not too long. Nothing we haven’t seen before, standard adventure game stuff but fun puzzles including my favourite types, piecing broken objects together.  Smile

Nice graphics, very sharp and colourful and I’m glad games now do 1920 x 1080 res. Sound effects are some of the best I’ve heard, very realistic with quite powerful bass such as generators, weather, explosions. No glitches or bugs that I came across at all and only one typo in the subtitles.

Typical humour in the dialogue, some funny but mostly you’ll roll your eyes and say to yourself ‘yeah nina, hilarious.. not’. And the narration and some text screens try a little too hard to be funny and clever. Still haven’t found an adventure game that comes close to the humour of Tim Curry in GK3 and George Stobbard in the later BS games.  Overall though, I really enjoyed it. I’ve got so many other games to play, this felt long enough to me that I was happy it was coming to an end, it was just right. Overall pretty easy, but I did miss a few hotspots which I shouldn’t have and used the magnifying glass a few times, and I cheated on a couple of puzzles here and there which had me scratching my head.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Roman5 - 20 September 2012 11:03 PM

And the narration and some text screens try a little too hard to be funny and clever. Still haven’t found an adventure game that comes close to the humour of Tim Curry in GK3 and George Stobbard in the later BS games.

You need to go get Discworld and Sam & Max, now!

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Oscar - 20 September 2012 11:29 PM
Roman5 - 20 September 2012 11:03 PM

And the narration and some text screens try a little too hard to be funny and clever. Still haven’t found an adventure game that comes close to the humour of Tim Curry in GK3 and George Stobbard in the later BS games.

You need to go get Discworld and Sam & Max, now!

Yep, played some of Sam & Max years ago, and played all the Discworld games. I forgot about Discworld, fantastic comedy in those, particularly the first one.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2007-10-25

PM

Finished this game in.. 4 hours, so felt a bit short. But a fun game!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top