• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 27 June 2014 10:24 AM

And now that strange feeling there are no games to see today…

The calm before the storm Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 27 June 2014 01:57 PM
wilco - 27 June 2014 10:24 AM

And now that strange feeling there are no games to see today…

The calm before the storm Wink

I hope this storm includes more false Referee calls and decision on Penalties Smile,
Drama gonna be epic.

Edit:

Maradona also supporting Suarez now like anything calling FIFA bad Mafia in other
interviews, some tidbits here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/10929713/Luis-Suarez-to-receive-heros-welcome-at-Montevideo-airport-as-Uruguay-fans-flock-to-hail-striker-after-bite-ban.html

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Extreme Drama, tough luck for Chile.

Brazil trolled their way through.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 28 June 2014 03:06 PM

Tough luck for Chile. They had some amazing chances especially the one that hit the crossbar at the end of extra time. Brazil will need to play much better in the future if they hope to advance further.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 June 2014 03:19 PM
nomadsoul - 28 June 2014 03:06 PM

Tough luck for Chile. They had some amazing chances especially the one that hit the crossbar at the end of extra time. Brazil will need to play much better in the future if they hope to advance further.

That final shot in the last minute was incredible. Sucks to be out on penalties.
But great match to start the round.

It’s so weird to see Brazil with poor strikers… Fred and Jo were abysmal.

Good job by Howard Webb

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What a goal by Man of the Tournament so far.

James Rodriguez’s transfer price is gonna go through the roof.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like Neymar’s limelight as been stolen by this Columbian lad.
2 goals and i think Uru is out now.

Cavani and Forlan are complete dud.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Colombia!!!! Best goal of the tournament by James. Lived up to the title of best player from the group stage.
Colombia relaxed a bit too much after the second goal, but Uruguay was really missing Suarez…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Poor Mexico.

4 mins to go and holding off the Dutch with a great display and then it all falls apart.

Sneider from a corner then a soft penalty.

From 1-0 up to 1-2 in a couple of mins.

Frown

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sad for Mexico… They played a very good game and lost at the very end, Ochoa was amazing. Mexico did stop attacking a bit too soon.

I think it was a penalty but the way Robben oversells it and flops around is annoying…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I now want to anyone to win Worldcup except Nederland.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oh man poor Mexico. They played better in the first half and Netherlands played better in the second. I do believe the penalty kick given at the end was a flop though. But to be fair, Holland had a penalty at the end of first half that wasn’t given. I feel bad for refs because it is so hard to make these calls in a blink of an eye. When will they introduce video playback tech into the games? They already have goal line tech and that is proving very useful.

Now for my most anticipated game in the tournament, Greece vs Costarica Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 29 June 2014 01:55 PM

then a soft penalty.

Robben didn’t get a more deserved penalty in the first half. Compensates, imo. On the other hand, should’ve gotten yellow for his earlier dive, though.

wilco - 29 June 2014 02:01 PM

Ochoa was amazing. Mexico did stop attacking a bit too soon.

Ochoa should be goalkeeper of the tournament, despite what happens next in the tournament…
Blame the trainer for subbing a striker for a defender the second they go a goal in front.

And blame Van Gaal for the ugly football we saw until Mexico scored. After that, when Holland HAD to attack, then suddenly they played like they were supposed to play all along…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

We switched from 5-3-2 to our classic 4-3-3 after Mexico scored, that’s indeed van Gaals tactic. I think it surprised the Mexicans, because the switch was made during play. They didn’t really know what to do until the next drinking break.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Erwin_Br - 29 June 2014 03:50 PM

They didn’t really know what to do until the next drinking break.

Yet it was after the drinking break that the goals fell.
Better physical condition in the Dutch team?

Anyway, the Dutch tactic should be 4-3-3 at all times.
I’d stop hating on them then. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top