• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Tenebra - 08 June 2021 08:41 PM

We are approaching the final stages and I am also preparing my opinion a bit like a synthesis of my experience (I don’t want to say review, because it’s not) regarding this game. It’s… nothing atypical… nevertheless interesting how our perception can change over time. Maybe nostalgia allows me to be more permissive. I still like this game a lot, don’t get me wrong.

Looking forward to this. I actually quite enjoy the game, more than I imagined. The pastiche of 90s box office breakers works for me.

I just played the chapter in Tiffany’s appartement. Lucas wants to prove his innocence. In the meantime, he keeps committing crimes. He really wants to know what’s going on. I think we’re with him in that regard.

Did anyone else catch the Bob Marley reference at Tiffany’s?

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have been following the thread as I said I would. I’ve made a few comments here and there when I thought they were appropriate. But there weren’t many, since, after bombing the tutorial, I didn’t think I could adequately participate with the equipment I had at my disposal. The game documentation said it was available on PC, as well as ports to various consoles. What the documentation didn’t say is that the game was never designed to be played on a PC, but was ported to PC because they could.

That’s a shame. From everything I’ve read here, the game is a joy to play, if you have the correct equipment, i.e. a console. I think I would have enjoyed the game, but was not willing to invest in equipment I would use once. (Although there is a game review on the front page that sounds interesting the, despite what Jackal says about PC availability, was obviously designed to play on a console.)

I’m curious how this game ends. From the commentary, it’s hard to figure out who the protagonists/antagonists are. Resolution is eagerly anticipated.

FWIW: When the next “Time for a New Community Playthrough” thread begins, I’m going to make a request that questions about a game’s playability on various platforms be included with the nomination. Perhaps unpopular, but that hasn’t bothered me in the past.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I am playing the game with my laptop and I managed to get pass all those QTE’s using one hand for WASD and the other for arrow keys, and using the mouse clicking buttons at once allowes me to move pretty well.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 09 June 2021 10:54 AM

I just played the chapter in Tiffany’s appartement. Lucas wants to prove his innocence. In the meantime, he keeps committing crimes. He really wants to know what’s going on. I think we’re with him in that regard.

Yes, absolutely. Have you or any of you ever been arrested by the police? It can happen at Tiffany’s house as well as when the police visit you at work (if we fail the interrogation) they can arrest you on the spot.

rtrooney - 09 June 2021 07:12 PM

I have been following the thread as I said I would. I’ve made a few comments here and there when I thought they were appropriate. But there weren’t many, since, after bombing the tutorial, I didn’t think I could adequately participate with the equipment I had at my disposal. The game documentation said it was available on PC, as well as ports to various consoles. What the documentation didn’t say is that the game was never designed to be played on a PC, but was ported to PC because they could.

I’m curious how this game ends. From the commentary, it’s hard to figure out who the protagonists/antagonists are. Resolution is eagerly anticipated.

It’s a pity that you couldn’t overcome the difficulties you faced at the beginning, but I find it very commendable that you still came to comment and follow this thread. That shows that when you voted for this game you were really interested in participating and in the game itself. I don’t know if that happens often or not but ... I don’t know, I think that’s cool.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Tenebra - 09 June 2021 08:38 PM
Vegetable Party - 09 June 2021 10:54 AM

Yes, absolutely. Have you or any of you ever been arrested by the police? It can happen at Tiffany’s house as well as when the police visit you at work (if we fail the interrogation) they can arrest you on the spot.

It’s a pity that you couldn’t overcome the difficulties you faced at the beginning, but I find it very commendable that you still came to comment and follow this thread. That shows that when you voted for this game you were really interested in participating and in the game itself. I don’t know if that happens often or not but ... I don’t know, I think that’s cool.

FWIW: When the next “Time for a New Community Playthrough” thread begins, I’m going to make a request that questions about a game’s playability on various platforms be included with the nomination. Perhaps unpopular, but that hasn’t bothered me in the past.

Ok, I made it to the checkpoint. Now, here’s the rub, the nominator may not have a clue about your system and it’s capabilities. For example, he/she maybe be playing the game on a PS2 with a controller or on an iPad even and it would be impossible for them to evaluate all possible hardware options. It’s really best for you to know your hardware and play games that work best for you.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74 - 09 June 2021 07:33 PM

Well, I am playing the game with my laptop and I managed to get pass all those QTE’s using one hand for WASD and the other for arrow keys, and using the mouse clicking buttons at once allowes me to move pretty well.

Same here. Sometimes I had to replay a few times, but it usually goes fairly smoothly.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Yes, absolutely. Have you or any of you ever been arrested by the police?

In real life: no. In the game.. yeah, in the first scene, a couple of times. After that, probably once or twice as well.

Agreed. I hope you get at least something from our commentary. I think it’s enjoyable how people react to the game, its characters, the CPTs and the way it incorporates about four or five different blockbuster plots at the same time.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve fallen way behind since the beginning, but I’m still playing. I’m halfway through the second section (past the QTE-fest at the bank and giving the ex her stuff back from my apartment).

I completely fumbled the first QTE when I was in my apartment before the cop first showed up (chapter 3), and even in the section at the bank I fumbled the first “premonition” QTEs several times, but I persevered in restarting that chapter until I got the hang of it more.
It’s a good thing I did, because I completed the section with the bugs in one go, until I was supposed to fail the QTEs.

Sure, the game is QTE-heavy, and sometimes at moments where there really shouldn’t be any (like when you’re at the coroner with Carla). The QTEs often distract from what’s actually happening because I have to focus on them too much. Made it harder to fully get what the coroner was saying, and I missed half the action with the bugs.

That scene at the bank was the very first WTF?-moment in the game. I take it there are a lot more to follow.

So far I’m enjoying the story. The action and QTEs aren’t as streamlined as they were in Heavy Rain, and as I’m sure they are in Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, but I’ll manage.

The game is breaking my immersion often enough with bonus cards and the likes that I’m totally not opposed to replaying chapters until I get the results that I wanted - instead of just seeing where the game takes me.
And I’m not above replaying a chapter just to see something I missed that people here commented on. So yes, as Tyler overslept, I had to replay the chapter in his apartment to even know what the sex scene was all about, since I had missed it. Tongue
How cliché “bad ‘70s movie” was that? Grin

But at least even that scene was better than the one with our ex-girlfriend, where there was a QTE for thrusting. Seriously?
At least the guitar playing had a decent and easy QTE… Innocent

Anyway, I’m still very curious to see where they’re going with all this, so I’ll continue at my own pace (life has been particularly busy - and we have Euro 2021 coming up which won’t help)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Adv_Lvr - 09 June 2021 10:17 PM

Now, here’s the rub, the nominator may not have a clue about your system and it’s capabilities. For example, he/she maybe be playing the game on a PS2 with a controller or on an iPad even and it would be impossible for them to evaluate all possible hardware options. It’s really best for you to know your hardware and play games that work best for you.

Heart

You made my point. The nominator only knows the systems the game will play on. “PS2 with a controller or on an iPad even.” But while the nominator doesn’t know what my system is, in my case a PC, it’s fair to expect him/her to know what systems will present playing problems for the nominated game.

I think our game leader has done a spectacular job. But I don’t think he nominated the game. So, whatever disclosure failure there is does not rest on his shoulders.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

rtrooney - 10 June 2021 08:52 PM
Adv_Lvr - 09 June 2021 10:17 PM

Now, here’s the rub, the nominator may not have a clue about your system and it’s capabilities. For example, he/she maybe be playing the game on a PS2 with a controller or on an iPad even and it would be impossible for them to evaluate all possible hardware options. It’s really best for you to know your hardware and play games that work best for you.

Heart

You made my point. The nominator only knows the systems the game will play on. “PS2 with a controller or on an iPad even.” But while the nominator doesn’t know what my system is, in my case a PC, it’s fair to expect him/her to know what systems will present playing problems for the nominated game.

I think our game leader has done a spectacular job. But I don’t think he nominated the game. So, whatever disclosure failure there is does not rest on his shoulders.

I have nominated the game. I’m playing it on PC, so are many others in this thread.
So the fact that it is, indeed, playable on PC is just that - a fact. What disclosure failure??

I wouldn’t be able to tell whether someone can play it on their PC, nor would I be able to confirm if the game is better played on something else - I only own PC. I nominate the games I know I can play on what I have, and I’m going to assume that majority of people here play theirs on PC first and foremost, with some choosing different options if they so desire, but those are secondary.

If someone nominates a game that is playable on PC - it is up to me, to check whether I can play it on mine.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

DCast - 10 June 2021 09:19 PM

If someone nominates a game that is playable on PC - it is up to me, to check whether I can play it on mine.

And how do you check that without buying the game? And then find out it doesn’t work. No sense in belaboring the point.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

rtrooney - 10 June 2021 10:23 PM

And how do you check that without buying the game? And then find out it doesn’t work. No sense in belaboring the point.

Read system requirements? That’s generally recommended before purchasing anything.

And if you can’t check something that relates to your system without buying a game - how do you expect for a person nominating a game to know how it will run on your PC?

I have no idea why it didn’t work out for you. The game runs on PC just fine. The last few times I played it on a very simple laptop - and it still runs fine. Other people play it on PC - also fine.

I really do feel bad that you can’t play it, but I don’t know what kind of disclosure would help you in this situation, as those who are plying it on the PC here seem to have no problems, and you’re the only one with this issue. Maybe it’s the combination of WASD/Arrow keys that isn’t working out for you because it’s just uncomfortable at first? At this point, I only use a mouse when I’m called to “swipe” for an answer, the rest is mostly keyboard (all QTEs definitely are), and it goes well.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Just finished this part before the end. Am i the only one that found pretty annoying this section? The asylum and the hangar felt it was all about trial and error. Also there are some hard qte in this section. I guess now that the game comes to an end, difficulty should be raised. I was just hoping for a harder puzzle or something and not just hard qte. I think i failed this section more times than i had failed whole game before Smile

Story is evolving fast, we get to know whats happening but somehow i m not satisfied with the plot. So far. there was the mystery why everything happens and who is behind it, but now that i get to know the answers, it just feels like a mediocre hollywood action movie. Not sure what i was expecting though.

This section, although quite annoying, it had also a lot of variety and the scenery changes fast every chapter so its very interesting to see how it ends.

Btw rtrooney this game has bad controls even with controller. Its just a matter of getting used to them. Controller probably feels a little better but i doubt that it makes big difference if you spend an hour or two with the game with keyboard and mouse. Also i have both pc and console versions and pc version looks way better than console and if you use a controller, pc is the way to play the game and not console.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nico2021 - 11 June 2021 11:42 AM

Btw rtrooney this game has bad controls even with controller. Its just a matter of getting used to them. Controller probably feels a little better but i doubt that it makes big difference if you spend an hour or two with the game with keyboard and mouse.

Keyboard controls made me quit the game very fast when I first played it.

The controller makes it far more manageable…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

First four chapters of this section played!

Hopefully I will finish this section tonight and will comment.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top