• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cave

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1 day and 4 hours to play! (Steam)

There are a couple of positive reviews out (ign, gamesradar) if someone wants to read some impressions.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’m actually really excited. Counting the hours! Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

I posted this in the discount thread last week, but they’re all still active and with the Quick Look and reviews out some people may have decided on a day one purchase.

GetGames 22% off $11.69

Amazon.com $14.99 with a $5 credit on a futre games purchase

Green Man Gaming 20% off code (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK) $12

The game uses Steamworks so you’ll get a code to redeem there. Unless they do a GOG.com version you’re going to need Steam no matter where you buy it.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kinda wished I preordered this. lol Damn it.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Monolith - 22 January 2013 03:24 PM

You still can.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

louiedog - 22 January 2013 03:25 PM
Monolith - 22 January 2013 03:24 PM

You still can.

and that would still considered a (Pre)order? ... lol

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Reviews are starting to come in and while still positive they are not unanimously so (It’s averaging about 70%). Most people are praising the humour and the puzzles, but the platforming is a tad clunky and repetive.

I still plan to get it and see for myself as the Giantbomb quick look was pretty funny.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Lucien21 - 22 January 2013 04:30 PM

Reviews are starting to come in and while still positive they are not unanimously so (It’s averaging about 70%). Most people are praising the humour and the puzzles, but the platforming is a tad clunky and repetive.

Just like I predicted…
I’m glad the puzzles are okay though.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 22 January 2013 04:30 PM

Most people are praising the humour and the puzzles

I am really wondering about the game’s Humor of Dialogs , if there is that in the st Place!!

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

there will be monologues.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ozzie - 22 January 2013 05:52 PM

there will be monologues.

i dont understand!!. i sure had translated monologues but i do not get the picture Ozzy Smile

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

A monologue is when only 1 person is speaking, kinda like thinking out loud. I don’t know exactly how this is gonna work to tell a story within the game, but I’m excited to find out. We allready know it’s a talking cave, so I assume it will work like a narrator, telling the story for the characters.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Did anyone notice a change in the hour the game unlocks? I thought it was set to unlock at 6pm GMT but now it looks like it added another 12 hours. I was going to play it tonight…

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Bleh.. just purchased the game from Adventure Shop. The button that have previously said “pre-order” now said “download” and since today is it’s release date for PC, I took that as a confirmation that the game actually was avaliable for download. Yet after paying for the game and activating it on steam, thinking that I’m just about to get into the game, I get the message: Coming soon!? Tis an outrage, I tellsya!

I’m sure it’ll show up sometime today, but just as this happened, I remembered (I have a short term memory easily contested by a gold fish) that I had actually previously decided to play it on the PS3, rather than the PC (I very much prefer a gamepad when there’s direct character control, AND I very much dislike steam). I contacted customer support and told them that I regretted the purchase, explained why, and asked for a refund.

Any of you tried cancelling a purchase from them before? Is there any chance they’ll comply, or are purchases set in stone? I’m too eager to wait for their answer, I just wanna get the download started from the PSN, yet I’m slightly reluctant to do so before I know whether or not I’ll get the refund.

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Dag - 23 January 2013 11:04 AM

Bleh.. just purchased the game from Adventure Shop. The button that have previously said “pre-order” now said “download” and since today is it’s release date for PC, I took that as a confirmation that the game actually was avaliable for download. Yet after paying for the game and activating it on steam, thinking that I’m just about to get into the game, I get the message: Coming soon!? Tis an outrage, I tellsya!

I’m sure it’ll show up sometime today, but just as this happened, I remembered (I have a short term memory easily contested by a gold fish) that I had actually previously decided to play it on the PS3, rather than the PC (I very much prefer a gamepad when there’s direct character control, AND I very much dislike steam). I contacted customer support and told them that I regretted the purchase, explained why, and asked for a refund.

Any of you tried cancelling a purchase from them before? Is there any chance they’ll comply, or are purchases set in stone? I’m too eager to wait for their answer, I just wanna get the download started from the PSN, yet I’m slightly reluctant to do so before I know whether or not I’ll get the refund.

Can’t help you with refund info, but I will tell you that if you have a bluetooth receiver in your computer that you can use your PS3 controller. Most games these days seem to support the 360 gamepad on PC, especially when they also have a version on that system. The best way to play those games with a PS3 gamepad is a piece of software called motionjoy which emulates the 360 pad and perfectly remaps the buttons.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top