• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It’s been awhile, who’s been here before me? Lol

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-03-31

PM

hi hello fellow adventurers, I’m a pixel artist I go by pixel_turkey.  I am working on my first adventure game—hopefully the first of many.  Smile

pixel artist, working on an adventure game - https://twitter.com/pixel_turkey | https://pixelturkey.com

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice! Welcome on board.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

pixel_turkey - 31 March 2022 10:50 PM

hi hello fellow adventurers, I’m Chloe, as a pixel artist I go by pixel_turkey.  I am working on my first adventure game—hopefully the first of many.  Smile

Sounds great, looking forward to hearing about your games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-05-26

PM

I am Eliana. A Passionate Gamer. I love to help the gamer community. Let me know if you face any gaming or Tech related issue.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-07-06

PM

Hi!

I’m Valtteri, an adventure game fan and developer from Finland. I grew up on the classic LucasArts and Sierra adventures, and still play adventure games old and new when I have the time. Mostly comedy and/or science fiction categories, I suppose, but I’m not too picky about the themes as long as the game is good. I try to keep up with new point-and-click releases and check out at least all the best ones, so reading the news and reviews here definitely helps.

As a developer, I recently released my first commercial game, Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die!, on Steam. It’s a traditional point-and-click romp and was really fun to make, to finally get all my ideas out there and make the adventure game I always wanted to play. Now I’m jotting down ideas for my next game, and I’m pretty sure adventuring will be what’s happening the next time around as well.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

So hello…I’d love to see if any old posters are here from 2003-2007? I came here back before it was nothing but a VB bullitin board around 2001. I feel old now and dont like posting on forums as sadly they’ve have become mostly for niche people, or others who are actually researching.

Its good to see some threads still get some activity but the community here seems quiet. If there are other communities outside it would be good to network them together if i’ve missed this do let me know, to help increase some footfall from fans and people who like to social. Reddit and Discord probably have their own versions…SIDE NOTE Reddit is horrible however I will never use that platform, it’s kinda sad most forums got absorbed into Reddit threads or small fb groups. That said less of the moaning its good to see some developers develop from fans, and hopefully, we get some groundbreaking point-and-click stories, games and art.

I’ll probably check in to see if anyone is posting their thoughts on adventure games and other games alike. At least 3 times a year.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

grizzlypants - 13 July 2022 10:35 AM

Hi!

I’m Valtteri, an adventure game fan and developer from Finland. I grew up on the classic LucasArts and Sierra adventures, and still play adventure games old and new when I have the time. Mostly comedy and/or science fiction categories, I suppose, but I’m not too picky about the themes as long as the game is good. I try to keep up with new point-and-click releases and check out at least all the best ones, so reading the news and reviews here definitely helps.

As a developer, I recently released my first commercial game, Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die!, on Steam. It’s a traditional point-and-click romp and was really fun to make, to finally get all my ideas out there and make the adventure game I always wanted to play. Now I’m jotting down ideas for my next game, and I’m pretty sure adventuring will be what’s happening the next time around as well.

Back in my day this used to be called SPAM, and get people banned on the spot. That said you seem a lovely person and hope your game does well. lol Wink

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2022-08-28

PM

Hi!
I’m new here Nerd

I love playing adventure games: slowly unfolding stories alongside intriguing characters in strange fascinating worlds. Reciting funny lines, crying at their tragedies. Solving the puzzles always makes me feel smart and all that with just one hand on my mouse and the other stroking my imaginative beard.

The love for adventuring started when my aunt showed me The secret of monkey island. She even let me play for a couple of minutes, after which she nudged me aside to help me trough the insult sword-fighting, rightfully claiming I would not understand. I could not yet read English.
Still, It made me thirst for more!

Fast forward about a quarter of a century and I find myself with my own PC, a good understanding of English, a love for grog and a lack of free time. There exists an embarrassing amount of games in my steam account, but only a dreadfully low percentage of completion!

My wish to call myself a Point & Click expert led me via a random search to this site’s The top 100 Best Adventure Games! and an insane idea to play them all starting from the bottom.
I got the gear, I got the games, I only need to find the time to play. Maybe I will also find some time to lurk these forums?  Smile

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Welcome Juno! Laughing

Sounds like you’ve had a fascinating journey. Your idea of playing the entire top 100 is an intriguing one and I’m sure we would all be interested to follow your progress. Keep us updated!

Thumbs Up

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2022-08-28

PM

Thank you!

It has been over a month since I started my queste and the first leg of my journey is done: I survived the Titanic, but can flush my dreams of becoming a secret agent down the privy.

I don’t think my adventures would be interesting to anyone but myself. My boyfriend, however keeps telling me to “do something with it”. He suggested to make a video log of it, I prefer to write. 
Maybe I could start a thread somewhere here?

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2022-12-17

PM

Hi, I’m Axel - self employed independent game developer - and I’m working currently on my very own point & click adventure (yeah 😉): https://www.scottwhiskers.com/

I will present the game in more detail here shortly.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

Hi all!
I am relatively new here but just now discovered the “introduce yourself” thread.

I kind of grew up with adventure games and must say this is the only, almost only, genre of games I am playing. But as you grow and get older, life seems to get more and more busier and faster and now have almost no time to play, but its nice to hang out with people who still do or share the same values.

I discovered Adventure gamers page rather late, but I am happy at least.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-01-31

PM

Sup Everyone!

I really like Adventure games and have played most of the golden era Lucas Arts games!
I hope I can find new games on here to tryout, especially horror (but I’m open to pretty much anything).  Smile

I live in Tokyo and have been working for a Japanese social network/game company for almost two years. I’ve been involved in a few projects but right now working on a PC game (not an Adventure game though).

I love gaming, drinking and hanging out with friends. Started working out more recently to take care of the beer belly that’s been starting to pop out. Grin

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2023-03-26

PM

Good day, fellow adventure gamers! I finally overcame my procrastination of joining, but I’ve known about this lovely site for years (I’ve actually read through Wilco’s Legend playthrough thread multiple times).

The first adventure game I recall playing was Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, followed shortly by King’s Quest VI, my first Sierra adventure. I look forward to learning, discovering, and discussing more about one of the most awesome game genres ^_^ Also, I’m in the U.S. and am not multilingual.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top