• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So, how is everyone faring thus far? Tomorrow is the deadline.

My game must have a bug, because I have found the 1 sticker I am missing next to the town gate, but it appears only at night and I cannot pick it, no matter how many times I click on it…..

For the other collectibles, I have found the grand majority of the dewdrops (appear only at day) and almost all stories from the storyteller (appears only at night).

My deck of cards is also almost complete (still 1 missing). I LOL pretty hard from the absurdity of people I challenge on quartets like a maniac, like Ursula, the great Toad, etc.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2022-05-10

PM

Ok, the second portal and spell are in the books.

Nice fun bit with Emmet the Leprechaun; his voice acting is right on the mark.

Does anyone know who does the English voice for Aro Morena, the Magician of Mousewood?  Mobygames is no help.  He sounds so familiar, perhaps from another animated show.  I had to laugh when he first showed his face after waking up…something about it reminded me of Monty Python and Holy Grail when God first appears to Arthur Grin

Very pleased with myself for figuring out the solution to keeping the cafe door open at night

Those salamander fellows kind of creep me out.  I suspect we’re headed to some sort of confrontation with them?

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Keybordz - 24 October 2023 11:08 PM

Does anyone know who does the English voice for Aro Morena, the Magician of Mousewood? 

That guy has a long career indeed, you can find him on IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0547603/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t4

A1

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is time to move on!! Since last time, we met the Magician of Mousewood, found out how to play quartets, learned our first true spells, wandered into Mousewood at night, commited breaking and entering not once but twice (the Town Hall and Anja’s), took part in the Hare familly’s famous parties, met a giant toad, put an innocent mouse guard to sleep, stoled from and blackmailed a poor Irishman fellow, and met some poorly masked-but-stil-creepy Lizards in Mosewood. It is time to move on and learn our next 2 spells!

You have a week (until the 1st of November) to find the next 2 portal trees, complete their worlds within and find your 3rd and 4th true spell (I still refuse to call that useless “Help Guide” “spell”). Stop the moment you take control of your character, back at the real world.

Until then, may you have, good luck, wealth, good health and ehmm….. infastructure?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Some moments from the last chapter

The Magician of Mousewood is another favorite character of mine. I like how he looks like a normal dude, down to earth and pretty chill, with his socks and all, compared to the flamboyant, enthusiastic and tight-up Marquis. He is also the only other human character apart from us in Mousewood.

Mousewood at night is beautiful with its lights, its own life…..

....and of course the Hare orgies parties!!

The giant Toad. Am I the only one that tried to use the frog whistle on him?

The funniest moment thus far. It came out of nowhere and I ROFL pretty hard.
The Leprechaun continues to be my favorite character in the game.
Also, quite realistic landscape of Ireland.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I’ve been sick lately and I couldn’t play. The good news are that I am on vacation this week so I will try to catch up as soon as possible.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5612

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, Walas!  Not having to go to work will hopefully put you on the mend.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 2079

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sorry for the delay, I got stuck on several puzzles on my first play and hadn’t returned to the game until today. And as soon as I started playing it, everything immediately came into place in my head and I finished the chapter in two hours. Thoroughly enjoyed it except for some moments (gathering ingredients for the cake had too much running back and forth). My favourite was probably lighting up the tree to follow the leprechaun.

Speaking of whom, I agree with everyone that he was the funniest character so far. And I generally found the writing in this chapter better than before. One thing I wished once again for, that the game wasn’t so linear and we were allowed to open portals in different order, like gathering map pieces in Monkey Island 2. Why give us a map, inspire to search for those four trees scattered all over the place and then only allow to explore one after another, waiting for a new spell that would solve all our troubles? This also resulted in the quest for the second portal feeling much shorter and simpler than the leprechaun one: it basically involved just one straightforward puzzle. I hope it gets more complex.

As for collectibles, I’m finding drops, cards and posters, as well as those storytellers, here and there, but I don’t think I’m gonna search for them on purpose. I’m enjoying playing cards with everyone more. Btw I forgot to ask the sad poet if he’d like to play. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t, but it still bothered me a bit, especially since I was forced to leave the Chinese realm before I knew. Anyway, it was a nice journey, ready to continue!

P.S. Oh look, that fox is now sitting at the bottom of the AdventureGamers website. I wonder what it’s all about.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I arrived to the Hall of Apprentices, so I will keep chasing you all tomorrow (and will share my thoughts of this section).

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

walas74 - 25 October 2023 09:18 AM

Hi!

I’ve been sick lately and I couldn’t play. The good news are that I am on vacation this week so I will try to catch up as soon as possible.

Get well soon!!
No worries, the game is not that hard and you will catch us in no time. Smile

Doom - 25 October 2023 02:38 PM

Btw I forgot to ask the sad poet if he’d like to play. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t, but it still bothered me a bit, especially since I was forced to leave the Chinese realm before I knew.

I am sorry, but he actually does. I remember it very well because I specifically tried to play and lose to him to cheer him up. It did not work out well. He commented something like “Sign….Lucky at cards….”

Total Posts: 5612

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finished the 3rd portal tree segment last night.  Along the way, I thought of how handy a waternut tree would be for the flooding some places experienced this past year

The suspense is building with those spikes blocking the portals, and I really don’t trust the rabbit.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Sorry guys, have been on the road for up to 18 hours a day. Finally home, will catch up on everything in the next few days!

Total Posts: 2079

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sefir - 26 October 2023 02:25 AM

I am sorry, but he actually does. I remember it very well because I specifically tried to play and lose to him to cheer him up. It did not work out well. He commented something like “Sign….Lucky at cards….”

Argh, of all the characters! Even the Churchmouse refused to play. Oh well, at least I beat the fox back when she was a statue in the forest. It was a bit weird since she turned into that girl once I started playing cards and then — back to the stone statue once we finished. Must’ve been a glitch.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 October 2023 01:56 PM

I really don’t trust the rabbit.

You and my wife both. Since day 1. And if you found all the dewdrops, then you are probably even more sus.

Doom - 26 October 2023 03:31 PM

Argh, of all the characters! Even the Churchmouse refused to play.

You can play with Junior though! Smile

Doom - 26 October 2023 03:31 PM

Oh well, at least I beat the fox back when she was a statue in the forest. It was a bit weird since she turned into that girl once I started playing cards and then — back to the stone statue once we finished. Must’ve been a glitch.

Yes, I immediately challenged the “statue” as well. The same exact thing happened to me too.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I forgot to mention that, if you want to hunt achievements, collectibles, etc, you better do it before entering the 4th portal!! The game will also warn you about it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top