• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy rain directors cut

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Yup, I would recommend waiting for the Director’s Cut rather than play the original. It’s better in practically every way!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Krusbert - 08 October 2021 02:45 AM
rtrooney - 07 October 2021 07:09 PM

I know it’s in this thread somewhere, but I’m just not up to doing a search right now. Is there a discount available to those who already purchased the original game? Really looking forward to the DC. While there are several things I want to see, I’m most intrigued by the revised ending. I won’t say there were arguments, but there was a fair amount of “heated discussion” regarding several things. I posited that I thought Kathy should have told the mother how her daughter died. Several thought that would be pouring salt on the wound.

Anyway, curious about the availability of a discount, although I will play it regardless. I’m sure there are more, but the only other example I can think of is Scratches DC. But that was in a different era when you bought the hard copy of the game in a store, rather than downloading it from a streaming service.

Everyone who owns the existing game on PC will get a -50% discount when they purchase the Director’s Cut!  Thumbs Up This is permanent and combines with any other offers too, like a launch discount.

I currently own the original game on iPad, and was wondering whether there will be a discount for the iOS version of the game for those who own the original version, similar to the discount for those who own it on PC?

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

DavidN - 11 October 2021 09:59 AM

I know it’s in this thread somewhere, but I’m just not up to doing a search right now. Is there a discount available to those who already purchased the original game? Really looking forward to the DC. While there are several things I want to see, I’m most intrigued by the revised ending. I won’t say there were arguments, but there was a fair amount of “heated discussion” regarding several things. I posited that I thought Kathy should have told the mother how her daughter died. Several thought that would be pouring salt on the wound.

Anyway, curious about the availability of a discount, although I will play it regardless. I’m sure there are more, but the only other example I can think of is Scratches DC. But that was in a different era when you bought the hard copy of the game in a store, rather than downloading it from a streaming service.

Everyone who owns the existing game on PC will get a -50% discount when they purchase the Director’s Cut!  Thumbs Up This is permanent and combines with any other offers too, like a launch discount.

I currently own the original game on iPad, and was wondering whether there will be a discount for the iOS version of the game for those who own the original version, similar to the discount for those who own it on PC?

I’m afraid not. We wanted to have a universal discount, but it couldn’t be done due to technical reasons. Unlike the PC stores, it’s not possible to set up a loyalty discount on mobile, simply because there are no mechanisms to discount a game based on the ownership of a different game Frown

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Krusbert - 12 October 2021 09:38 AM
DavidN - 11 October 2021 09:59 AM

I’m afraid not. We wanted to have a universal discount, but it couldn’t be done due to technical reasons. Unlike the PC stores, it’s not possible to set up a loyalty discount on mobile, simply because there are no mechanisms to discount a game based on the ownership of a different game Frown

OK, I certainly understand, and thanks for explaining.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh, this is nice. I was thinking that I’ll have to wait a while for a discount but with this I might just consider buying on launch.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

So, are we going to wait for the current CPT to end, and hope KRDC wins the next vote?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 13 October 2021 10:08 PM

So, are we going to wait for the current CPT to end, and hope KRDC wins the next vote?

October 26th we will have a CPT of this game. With current one not ending anytime soon, we’ll just do an unofficial one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

We’re currently playing the last part of Yoomurjak’s Ring Adv_Lvr so the playthrough will have ended by the time KR DC is released.  Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Both Kathy Rain DC and Bermuda Down both deserved to be played and should be nominated. For KR, we could start an unofficial CPT and if it wins make it an official one.

And we can always run two unofficial CPTs.

One way or another, KR gets played. I played the DC on my PC, trust, me I’m getting Kathy Rain DC on IOS. And yes, it’s worth paying full price for twice.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Can’t wait for the CPT! Grin

In other news, we have a little costume event going from now until launch! Anyone who posts a picture of themselves dressed up as a Kathy Rain character (any character in the game) will get a free key to Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut.

If you like to dress up for Halloween, why not take the opportunity to pick a Kathy Rain character this time around? Smile

Details here!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It looks like we’ll start unofficial. The ring CPT isn’t ending anytime soon.

We can still put it in the next vote, if it wins, just make the unofficial one official.

Ive have seen Kathy Rain cosplay, it’s pretty cute.

Heart

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not sure I understand. The game will be available for sale in three days. We don’t know when the current CPT will end. So it seems to me that we either have an “Unofficial” CPT, or we wait for a vote when the current CPT ends. Two possible outcomes: 1. It wins the vote and becomes the next “official” CPT. Or 2. It doesn’t win the vote, and those that are interested play it unofficially.

Playing it now, and then nominating it in four weeks for a new CPT makes little sense to me. Since most of the potential KRDC players probably played the original. The DC players are likely to finish the new game in less than four weeks. Who, then, is the audience when it is renominated?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 23 October 2021 06:47 PM

Not sure I understand. The game will be available for sale in three days. We don’t know when the current CPT will end. So it seems to me that we either have an “Unofficial” CPT, or we wait for a vote when the current CPT ends. Two possible outcomes: 1. It wins the vote and becomes the next “official” CPT. Or 2. It doesn’t win the vote, and those that are interested play it unofficially.

Playing it now, and then nominating it in four weeks for a new CPT makes little sense to me. Since most of the potential KRDC players probably played the original. The DC players are likely to finish the new game in less than four weeks. Who, then, is the audience when it is renominated?

Sold, we will start the unofficial CPT in three days. And it will stay unofficial.

See y’all then.

Heart

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I won’t be able to play the game for several weeks, so I guess this is one I’ll play on my own.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll probably buy the game when it comes out but I am committed to other things so won’t have time to play for a couple of weeks.  Smile

My thought is that the game should have the chance to be nominated for an official playthrough as there may be interest from players who never played the original & an unofficial one only goes ahead if it doesn’t win the vote.

The Yoomurjak’s Ring playthrough should in theory have ended a week ago so it will be ending soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top