• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

List of FMV adventures and interactive movies

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m going to update the old 2015 list. Haven’t kept track of FMV, so any help is welcome.

Completely FMV:
Anacapri (no cut scenes) - Blue Heat - Byzantine the Betrayal - A Quiet Weekend in Capri (no cut scenes) - The Capri Connection (no cut scenes) - Carol Reed games (no cut scenes) - Casebook trilogy - Contradiction - Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within - Her Story - Immortality - The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker - In the 1st Degree - J.B. Harold: Blue Chicago Blues - Midnight Stranger - Miazma - Mode - Noir: A Shadowy Thriller - Santa Fe Mysteries 1 + 2 - The Shapeshifting Detective - Telling Lies - Temujin - Voyeur 1 + 2 - The World After - Wrath of the Gods - Yoomurjak - The X Files

Interactive Movies
Alice in Wonderland - Black Mirror Bandersnatch - The Bunker - The Complex - Dark Nights with Poe and Munro - Fork in the Tale - Fox Hunt - The Isle Tide Hotel - Late Shift – Man Enough (dating) -Night Trap - Point of View - Psychic Detective – She Sees Red - Shibuya Scramble - Star Trek: Borg - Star Trek: Klingon - Star Trek: The Game Show - Tender Loving Care - Urban Runner - Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus

Partly FMV:
7th Guest - 11th Hour – Alt-Minds - Amber – Are You Afraid of the Dark - Astronomica: The Quest for the Edge of the Universe - Aura - Bad Mojo - Beyond Time aka Shadow of the Obelisk - Black Dahlia – Blobjob   – Cassandra Galleries – Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure - City 2000 London - Commander Blood -Congo: Descent into Zinj – Connections - Conspiracies 1 + 2 - The Crystal Skull - Cube Escape Paradox - Daedalus Encounter - The Dame Was Loaded - Dark Seed 2 - Dark Side of the Moon (2x) – Darkstar - Dracula Unleashed - Dust – Erevos – Erica - Fate by Numbers - Fork in the Tale - Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster - GAG – Genesys - Ghostly Desires (erotic) - Ghosts - Golden Gate – Gord@k - Gothos - Hamlet: A Murder Mystery - Hard Evidence: the Marilyn Monroe Files – Harvester - Heart of China - Isis - Johnny Mnemonic - Journeyman Project 1 + 2 + 3 – Latex (erotic) - The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo (avatars) - Lost in Time - Mark T. Ross: A Private in Paris - Mirage - Missing/In Memoriam 1 + 2 – Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail - Morpheus - The Morlov Affair – Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh –  Myst 1-5 - Net:Zone - Noctropolis – Obduction - Obsidian – Opsys - Panic in the Park – Paparazzi - Phantasmagoria 1 + 2 - Police Quest 4 - The Psychotron - Puppet Motel (multimedia experience) – Riddle of the Sphinx 1 + 2 - Quantum Gate - Rama - Reah – Realms of the Haunting – Riana Rouge - Ripper - Return to Zork - Riddle of Master Lu - Sacred Mirror of Kofun - Schizm – Search for the Golden Dolphin - SFPD: Body in the Bay – Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective – Shivers 1 + 2 – Sophie’s World - Spycraft - Synnergist - Time Warrior - There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension - Tex Murphy 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 - Titanic: Out of Time – Toonstruck - Treasure Quest - Vampire Diaries - Vikings - Zelenhgorm - Zork GI - Zork Nemesis

Added to the original list (before 2016): Dracula Unleashed - Genesys - Vikings - Toonstruck - Isis - Beyond Time aka Shadow of the Obelisk - Time Warrior - Crystal Skull - Are You Afraid of the Dark - Net:Zone - Astronomica - Commander Blood - The Psychotron - Police Quest 4 - The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo - Dark Seed 2
Added to the interactive movies: The Complex – Night Trap - Late Shift – The Bunker – The Isle Tide Hotel - Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus - Fox Hunt - Black Mirror Bandersnatch - Dark Nights with Poe and Munro - Star Trek Borg, Klingon, The Game Show - She Sees Red - Shibuya Scramble - J.B. Harold: Blue Chicago Blues - Man Enough

2016-2023:
Contradiction - Cube Escape Paradox - Dark Side of the Moon (2021) - Erica - Her Story - The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker - Immortality - Miazma - Obduction - The Shapeshifting Detective - Telling Lies -There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension - The World After

See Gatekeeper’s posts in this thread for the more exotic games (e.g. Chinese, Korean) and niche games.
See also D’s post with many more exotic and niche games: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/16254/P30/#192792

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great job, thanks! I remember playing cheesy Fox Hunt and how I was blown away by such “realistic graphics”. I guess it can be counted as an interactive movie.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Interactive Film)

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Karlok - 05 January 2024 09:50 PM

Added to the interactive movies: Night Shift

I think you meant Late Shift?

There is a game called Night Shift, and The Night Shift, and even NightShift, all of which have some adventure elements, but they are not FMV games.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@diego: Never heard of Fox Hunt. I’d love to play it, but windows 3x is a challenge for me. BTW, didn’t you miss Toonstruck in the list? Tongue

@jsfx: Never heard of Black Mirror Bandersnatch either. On Netflix, wow! I’m going to play that one for sure.

@gatekeeper: Very observant of you. It was supposed to be Night Trap - Late Shift and somehow Trap Late disappeared.  Grin

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m going to update the old 2015 list.

Hip-hip-hooray for Captain Spaulding Witterel! Cool

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I think an updated adventure FMV list is a great idea. The current list is indeed missing quite a few games, but hopefully everyone keeps posting the missing ones so we can gather an up-to-date list of them.

I’m going to suggest some of the more niche titles here, the more mainstream ones are probably easier to find.

Mystery of Blood and Feud
- This is a freeware game that was on the freeware list I created a while back. I haven’t seen anyone mentioning it elsewhere or since.

연오와 세오 (Yeon-oh and Seo)
- This is quite recent, it was released a month ago. I don’t know much about it, but it’s Korean, so I already love it!  Thumbs Up

Love Too Easily
- It’s interactive K-drama, so we all love it already! It was actually funded through Kickstarter a while back.

飞越13号房 (Breakout 13)
- A Chinese FMV game. “Embark on a revealing journey as you attempt to break free from a negligent correctional institute and carve out your own path to justice. Each decision you make shapes the story.”

Criminal Expert
- A Polish FMV mystery game. I linked the game name to Steam, but it’s also available on GOG and currently even with 90% discount.

Press X to Not Die
- A parody of games, FMV movies, and such. “Press buttons like your life depends on it! Because it does!” says it all.

Recontact London: Cyber Puzzle
- Basically doing investigations using CCTVs and videos. I could say that the idea is a bit like Jason Bourne movies, but I don’t want to offend Richard Chamberlain, so I won’t.

Rough Kuts series
- This is a bit special case, but definitely worth mentioning. Basically Rough Kut games are based on films which have become public domain somehow. So what Rough Kut games do, they take that legally available film and turn that into some kind of interactive game. There about 20 of these on Steam, but let’s mention the original Night of the Living Dead as an example. The film is famous for losing its status as a copyrighted work because the distributor forgot to add the copyright clause in the film credits, so it can be used legally for these kind of purposes. Whether it’s morally and ethically acceptable, can be debated, I guess. But worth mentioning in any case.

There are plenty more of these, but maybe these will get things started, and others will be posting about the rest.  Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 06 January 2024 04:53 AM

@diego: Never heard of Fox Hunt. I’d love to play it, but windows 3x is a challenge for me.

Really? It’s got hilarious movement of the main actor when you look left or right, check it here from 5:45

Karlok - 06 January 2024 04:53 AM

BTW, didn’t you miss Toonstruck in the list?

Yes! With your favorite sidekick of all time! I thought you don’t wanna list it as it’s too cartoony, but I’m glad you did. I miss Star Trek: Borg also.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

@GateKeeper
‘Press X to Not Die’ looks like pretty much fun.

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

diego - 06 January 2024 08:53 AM

I miss Star Trek: Borg also.

And Star Trek: Klingon.

And there’s also Star Trek: The Game Show that people often forget. I suppose from a certain point of view it can be counted as an adventure game.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

GateKeeper - 06 January 2024 03:23 AM

There is a game called Night Shift, and The Night Shift, and even NightShift

That sounds almost like a Monty Python sketch:

The Bridge Keeper: Stop! What is the average length of a night shift?

Sir Lancelot: What do you mean? Night Shift, The Night Shift, or Nightshift?

The Bridge Keeper: (scratching its head) Uh… I… I don’t know that! (falls off the bridge)

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I was updating my upcoming releases wishlist, and there are two FMV games that might be of some interest to readers of this thread.

Cuttlefish
- “From the creators of ‘Erica’, Cuttlefish is a full throttle interactive heist caper perfect for the whole family. Combining intense intricate interactions with a heartfelt branching narrative, Cuttlefish brings you directly into a story about family, survival and safety.”

Tokyo Psychodemic
- “Through forensic investigation, confront paranormal phenomenas! [2D × Cinematic・Realistic forensics investigation simulation game]”

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

diego - 06 January 2024 01:09 PM

Haha, yes.

It’s a bit like someone asking if you have played “Bunker”, referring to adventure games.
Is that person asking you about Bunker, The Bunker (don’t confuse with the other The Bunker on Steam, NSFW erotic game), Bunker - The Underground Game, or Amnesia: The Bunker?

Or perhaps that person is asking about Itch.io games, and referring to this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
...or some of the other ones which I am too lazy to link here.  Crazy

BTW, Bunker - The Underground Game is a bit like hidden gem in the category of less than 10 years old adventure games, in case anyone wants a game recommendation.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

GateKeeper - 07 January 2024 12:34 PM
diego - 06 January 2024 01:09 PM

Haha, yes.

It’s a bit like someone asking if you have played “Bunker”, referring to adventure games.
Is that person asking you about Bunker, The Bunker (don’t confuse with the other The Bunker on Steam, NSFW erotic game), Bunker - The Underground Game, or Amnesia: The Bunker?

Or perhaps that person is asking about Itch.io games, and referring to this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
Or this Bunker?
...or some of the other ones which I am too lazy to link here.  Crazy

BTW, Bunker - The Underground Game is a bit like hidden gem in the category of less than 10 years old adventure games, in case anyone wants a game recommendation.

I thought “Quest” is the most often used word in adventure games, but you proved to me it’s “Bunker”.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

any help is welcome.

Dark Nights with Poe and Munro.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry Gatekeeper, but I draw the line at freeware, unreleased games, and Asian games.

PS: I mentioned your posts in the main list for people who are interested in niche FMV.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top