• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypants

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Harvey’s new eyes-Chaos on Deponia.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah but having small batches of boxed doesn’t make that much of a risk if you’re selling digital.daedalic has been shooting out games like crazy which means there is increased productivity,also they’re using interns too which means their salaries aren’t as high as it would have been.and their games are selling good in germany at least from what i hear.i can’t imagine things being so bad to ,say, get 500 copies out and make every other boxed version a special order with 10euro extra.i see the digital versions going for 20E for Harvey’s New Eyes and 20E again for Deponia 1.wouldn’t 30 be a reasonable enough price for a boxed version if you are one of those hardcore fans?those extra 10euros also cover the cost of the boxed version….maybe by a lot i don’t know how much they go by but i doubt it’s over 10 euros.and we are only talking about the hardcores not general boxed sales.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2010-04-01

PM

Seems that an english retail version of Chaos on Deponia is coming. Happy days.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

You can’t just make 500 copies.. It doesn’t work like that. If you do that the big retailers are just gonna laugh at you big time and you’d have to ship the boxed version and sell it directly from your website which would mean even more effort and a waste of time for the developer.

Deponia 2 should be released on Steam today. YaY!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Yet Wadjet Eye Games has been doing it for some games now which means there is a market there….yes they are a publisher not just a developer but I think that the sales Daedalic has are much more than WEG to justify it.Not to mention many of those editions by WEG are sold out…do you mean to tell me they won’t be with Daedalic?if anything they could be limited editions which we all know sell quite well.and if people are willing to give 100$ to kickstarters to get the boxed version wouldn’t they give 30-40$ to get a boxed ,however limited, edition?i admit i don’t know so much about the way the big retailers you’re referring to work but it doesn’t change the fact that conclusions can be drawn from examples.also when we’re talking about small batches of boxed versions,is there any reason to drag in retailers?you would if you did a normal boxed production but when not is there any point?you can price it just a bit higher and claim the profit for yourself.kickstarters if anything are mostly about cutting the middle men and taking the profit for themselves isn’t it?yet they are doing it….making some boxed versions i mean.yes it’s a reward linking to your pledge and some of them won’t do non-kickstarter editions but some of them will.

PS:when i say boxed version i don’t necessarily mean with posters and stuff..i’m talking about physical versions in general.the boxed is an added bonus.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

rambler - 05 November 2012 04:45 PM

How did you come to this conclusion? Not even their forums have such an information.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

tsampikos - 06 November 2012 01:10 PM
rambler - 05 November 2012 04:45 PM

How did you come to this conclusion? Not even their forums have such an information.

It’s out on the GOG.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

Deponia 2 is on Steam… NOW! Smile

There’s barely a market for the BIG PC retail releases in the Big retailer’s shops, let alone for a release like Deponia. Daedalic’s a publisher, but only in Germany, not globally. They ain’t no Activision or EA. Also, if their games have Steamworks integrated in them ( that’s Valve’s system for achievements, leaderboards, etc ) then what’s the point in buying a physical product when you’ll still have to activate it through Steam? Wink

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i don’t know about Deponia 2 but Dep. 1 had a physical version with no steam activation.

i doubt it’s such a risk to have a few physicals at hand like others are doing and please everybody.if anything we have found that there are adventure gamers who like boxed editions and/or dislike digital ones and in many cases they pay extra for the boxed,be it a normal boxed version with posters and the like or limited editions or even a plain physical copy that has nothing apart from the DVD case and a leaflet inside.I remember the Gemini Rue’s first batch of limited boxed edition which featured a plain DVD case with soundtrack and audio goodies mainly had about 500 copies and they sold out the same day.

Wadjet is also not EA or Activision,but not even as big as Daedalic.the only reason Wadjet is a global publisher ,if it can be called that, is because it’s releases are in English that can be sold to anyone and they have an extra shipping charge.

lastly i do not care about achievements or leaderboards at all…

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2010-04-01

PM

“There will be an retail Release in the near future. At least in UK and Australia.”

That is a response I got from Daedalic after complaining about physical releases on their Facebook page.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

That’s good to know, but still this is not that informative. Because there is not any public statement and the gamers don’t know what to do. Buy The digital download version or wait until (and if) an english version comes out?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top