• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalegrizzlypantsLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Harvey’s new eyes-Chaos on Deponia.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Blah - 15 October 2012 08:32 PM

Steam has Harvey’s New Eyes as “Adventure, Indie”. What is the criteria for “indie” I wonder? Other recent adventures, and previous Daedalic games, weren’t indie, so why is this one?

the publisher for harvey’s new eyes is listed as “daedalic entertainment” (the same as the developer). The first game had lace mamba (and others).

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

The original Edna and Harvey’s New Eyes are now available for 18 bucks (for both games combined) on GoG. Great deal. Cheap and DRM free.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 15 October 2012 01:31 PM
Fien - 15 October 2012 03:57 AM

I’ve read at adventrure-treff that it’s even better than the first one. Smile

Satisfaction Guaranteed
A game that already made a big Success in Germany ,will be available in Hours in English.

though Harvey’s New Eyes is/was Not at the Hype-O-Meter™, and also there is not thread special for it but anyways i am sure a lot are excited as well ti get their hands on this game that already had been like being Nominated for “Game of the Year” and A Winner of Various Prizes at Germany. 

plus that that The Break Out Adventure was the most Clever/challenging one i had encountered for a while.

will see how true are these expectations.. pretty soon Smile

Well I’ve been playing for about 3 hours and so far I can say it’s not true at all. The game is a crushing disappointment. There hasn’t been one line even close to the humor of the first game, using items on things doesn’t give you a range of responses like it did before and the main character is dull.

Maybe I’m being premature. For the moment I’ll just say beware as apart from the graphics it’s absolutely nothing like the Edna & Harvey I know. I hope my opinion changes as I go on.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Deponia 2 is an instant classic judging by the ATreff review

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Ugghhh I haven’t even played the first Deponia. Slow down, game developers!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 17 October 2012 03:10 AM

Well I’ve been playing for about 3 hours and so far I can say it’s not true at all. The game is a crushing disappointment. There hasn’t been one line even close to the humor of the first game, using items on things doesn’t give you a range of responses like it did before and the main character is dull.

Maybe I’m being premature. For the moment I’ll just say beware as apart from the graphics it’s absolutely nothing like the Edna & Harvey I know. I hope my opinion changes as I go on.

Are you talking about Harvey’s New Eyes? You’re quoting me, but my post was about Deponia 2. I liked Harvey’s New Eyes, but I definitely prefer Edna and Harvey.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yes, I’m talking about Harvey’s New Eyes. I can’t believe it was made by the same team. In fact, I’m convinced it wasn’t. I’ll have to look at the credits.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Oh come on I preferred the original Edna as well but the sequel wasn’t THAT bad. I still liked it a lot. Still better than most other modern adventures.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Maybe, but that’s not saying much. I’m only being so harsh because I thought the first game was so brilliant. I’ll hold off from more comments when I’ve finished the game.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chaos auf Deponia arrived this morning. Smile I couldn’t wait, had to try it for 30 minutes. It’s so great to meet Rufus again! He’s already managed to do a lot of harm in those 30 minutes.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 17 October 2012 06:14 AM

Ugghhh I haven’t even played the first Deponia. Slow down, game developers!

You sure it’s not a case of you simply not going fast enough??? Grin

I know that’s the cause for me: going too slow and especially getting side-tracked too easily. Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2010-03-18

PM

Wow, just got Chaos auf Deponia in German delivered yesterday, and started playing today…!
Really like it. I also played the first one in German and that was also great. Didn’t like the English version at all.
The humor is very good again, and Rufus a great idiot!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-03-28

PM

You can pre-order Chaos on Deponia for $13.99.
This is very cheap in germany is the price 30€ = $40.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/deponia_2_chaos_on_deponia

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

German - 18 October 2012 02:55 PM

You can pre-order Chaos on Deponia for $13.99.
This is very cheap in germany is the price 30€ = $40.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/deponia_2_chaos_on_deponia

GGGGGGRRRRRR… I hate it when that happens. So unfair! And a really big price difference too.

Still, I always prefer the original versions of games, especially humorous ones. German voiceactors are usually much better and jokes get lost in translation, through no fault of the translator. (Like the puns “spell checker” and “dry spell” in my favorite humorous game: Zork Grand Inquisitor. Impossible to translate.)

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

the crazy thing is, iv heard a bunch of people complaining that prices for this and harveys new eyes are too high! riidiculous.
Anyway, im overwhelmed with how many games that are coming out right now that i want!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top