• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stasis - Bone Totem. Coming 31’st MAY

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Finished it. Thank you for another fantastic game, The Brotherhood. You’re becoming masters of scifi and body horror genres. Layered story, multidimensional characters, balanced gameplay, stunning visuals and amazing sound and voiceover.

Two things that especially stand out are: beautiful writing that, I feel, is becoming a sort of a trademark (those carefully written descriptions are a work of art. I was re-reading them, even (and especially) when they were relaying the most disturbing details), and whatever it is you do with sound - effects, VO, soundtrack - it just makes for a perfect ambience. I remember this from the first game. Essentially, this is STASIS on steroids where everything is even better.

Aside some minor nitpicks (like that the game is a bit too dark (literally) at times, for example), this is a great game, definitely a primary candidate for my GOTY, so far.

I’d recommend it to anyone who’s down to explore the most extreme examples of body horror (if you imagine the most grotesque stuff you possibly can - this will top it) and gratuitous gore - why we all love STASIS to begin with Smile.
Review written, supporter pack purchased. Please, keep making more Heart

Now, while we’re at it - you are working on something already, aren’t you? Spill the beans just a little, maybe?

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I too just finished Stasis: Bone Totem. Enjoyed it a lot. Can’t say I understood the story completely in all its details though. It’s a pretty long game (took me almost 19 hours to reach the end) and I found it a bit hard to remember names, events etc. revealed mostly through PDA logs and documents, especially when a few days had passed between playing sessions.

But great game! Really enjoyed the puzzles, even though I had to resort to force-solving a few of them through trial & error. Not sure I got the logic behind some of those even after solving them. But I got the “problem solver” achievement so managed to get through the game on my own.Smile

As with the previous Stasis games the graphics, sound design and the resulting atmosphere are really strong points.

Now I feel like playing Beautiful Desolation, which I for some reason never got really far into when I started playing it at the time of release.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

DCast - 30 June 2023 02:03 AM

Now, while we’re at it - you are working on something already, aren’t you? Spill the beans just a little, maybe?

Well, let me tell you… oh dammit, I spilled my coffee over my notes. Damn. I… I can’t read my handwriting… Oh well.. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top