• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Saving Adventure game websites

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2018-06-16

PM

I’m happy to support Adventure Gamers in a small way by Patreon. And I hope long may Adventure Gamers continue!

But does there need to be thought among those who run Adventure Game related websites about preserving content like walkthroughs and reviews? A lot of these have already been lost over the years as websites have shut down.

Preserving the games themselves so we can still play them is very important - but a different ballgame.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Well, that’s what we’re trying to do here to a certain extend :-)

Do you have any ideas or thoughts around this, as you’re saying this so specifically?

What are some examples of sites you feel are lost?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2018-06-16

PM

Thanks for replying CaliMonk to my vague post!

I’m very happy to see Adventure Gamers continuing to exist! Don’t get me wrong on that.

In terms of preservation perhaps walkthroughs and reviews could be transformed into PDFs on somewhere like Google Drive which could be shared by knowing the link. It’ll be a question of how to hold a number of them accessibly yet at a cost such that a few enthusiasts could manage. My thinking hasn’t gone beyond that.

Sites which may have vanished or may vanish beneath the waves include: Adventure Lantern (site down), A For Adventure, Games Over, Inferno’s Adventures, Mr Bill’s Adventureland, Spyglass Guides.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top