• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Something is wrong

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I can’t rate games anymore: I choose “your rating” at the game’s page and click “submit” - no reaction; did the same at the review page - no reaction; moved to the “All reviews” page and did the same - got “The form you submitted contained the following errors .” (‘dot’ as a description for an error).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Just for info I’m still getting logged out every day or two (happened this morning) but it’s not something I’m particularly bothered about. It’s possible that DuckDuckGo (the browser I use) could be the culprit but that’s a guess on my part.
What’s also been noticeable the last few weeks is that the asterisk against my name in the “currently online” list has vanished. I’ve always logged in without my name showing but I’m wondering if that’s no longer working.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I use DuckDuckGo with Firefox, Jabod, but don’t get logged out.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 September 2021 01:32 PM

I use DuckDuckGo with Firefox, Jabod, but don’t get logged out.

It looks like that guess goes the same way then as most of my occasional guesses in the various forum quizzes Grin
On a more serious note thanks Lady K as it means that DuckDuckGo can be discounted which will possibly save wasting time Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 08 September 2021 03:53 PM

So far, I’ve been consistently logged in for a few days now, curious to hear if others have been experiencing anything similar?

Not consistently, but it’s great that the site does recognize me now most of the time.

When I’m logged out and visit the forums I still get an older version first time I click. But now time has stopped entirely, it’s the same version every time, now 4 days old. It doesn’t bother me, all I have to do is click on a specific forum or log in, but I felt I should mention it in case non-members have the same problem.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 12 September 2021 07:24 AM

When I’m logged out and visit the forums I still get an older version first time I click. But now time has stopped entirely, it’s the same version every time, now 4 days old. It doesn’t bother me, all I have to do is click on a specific forum or log in, but I felt I should mention it in case non-members have the same problem.

I’ve made some changes that should resolve the non-logged in version being stale.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 12 September 2021 02:55 PM
Karlok - 12 September 2021 07:24 AM

I’ve made some changes that should resolve the non-logged in version being stale.

Sorry, doesn’t work for me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

On the good news side I’ve not been logged out for nearly a week now so that seems fine.
On the bad news side anonymous login is definitely not working. Just checked via a different PC that I needed to update and I have never used for this site was clearly showing as logged in.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Jabod - 17 September 2021 05:23 AM

On the good news side I’ve not been logged out for nearly a week now so that seems fine.
On the bad news side anonymous login is definitely not working. Just checked via a different PC that I needed to update and I have never used for this site was clearly showing as logged in.

I’m afraid I don’t entirely understand what you mean with anonymous login?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

CaliMonk - 17 September 2021 05:26 AM
Jabod - 17 September 2021 05:23 AM

I’m afraid I don’t entirely understand what you mean with anonymous login?

There used to be the option for my user name not to be showing in the “currently online” list and, when activated, showed my name in the list when logged on (to me that is) with an asterisk against it but did not show to anyone else. I’ve just looked through the user options and that facility seems to have vanished.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It works for me:

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

zobraks - 17 September 2021 12:02 PM

It works for me:

I’d forgotten that that option only shows on login but I did retry by logging out and logging back in but I’m still in the list.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jabod, please, please, please press Post Reply instead of Quote when you want to answer someone. This forum is already chock-full of redundant quotes, to the point that reading it is next to impossible.

You are not the only one who quotes without a reason (almost everyone here does it), so this is nothing personal.
I just have to point this out from time to time.

Excuse me if I sound like a crazy person, but quoting of a whole preceding post really drives me crazy.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ll politely do that with this reply Zobraks but otherwise I’ll continue to quote where I think it necessary to ensure the accuracy of the conversation is continued. Sorry if that offends but it’s how it is Content

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I started to have the endless cookies pop-up and 502 bad gateway on my mobile. I’m using Chrome. On desktop computer I’ve been using Firefox with Ghostery and uBlock and never encountered the issues, logged in or not.

I’m usually not logged in on mobile, so I tried logging in now and it seems the bad gateway went away, but he pop-up was still there. So I cleared history and cookies, and it does seem to work now. I’m a bit worried for other people though, since I never would have been able to reach this thread on my mobile to find out about the fixes.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top