• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindasevenFace

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting will end on Thursday, September 2.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

II am on holidays for a chunk of September and October, otherwise I would have thrown my vote in for The Dig. If it does end up being the playthrough, I’ll try and participate as much as I can, otherwise I’ll save my vote for another day when I can give it my full attention,

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just seen Yoomurjak’s Ring in my Steam library which I’d forgotten about so I’ll cast a vote for Yoomurjak’s Ring please.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s easy to lose track of your games, Chrissie.  While adding a game VP recommended to my GOG account, I realised that there are at least 8 games I bought but haven’t played yet.

The CP #68 voting deadline is Thurs., Sept. 2.  Get your votes in soon!

Yoomurjak’s Ring (5) - Intense Degree (leader), Vegetable Party, Giom, Millenia, Chrissie

The Dig (4) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Jdawg445, Millenia
The Journey Down trilogy (4) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

The Epsilon Outcome (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Rtrooney, Doom

Riddle of the Sphinx (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Luhr28

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 September 2021 05:02 PM

It’s easy to lose track of your games, Chrissie.  While adding a game VP recommended to my GOG account, I realised that there are at least 8 games I bought but haven’t played yet.

Laughing I find I forget about games I’ve bought on the spur of the moment as usually it’s because they’re in a sale. The trouble on not giving it too much thought is that I’ve got at least one of the same game in both my Steam & GOG library!  Gasp

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i will take another fall with The Journey Down. an instant classic

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

We now have a tie.  Those who voted for both top games should choose one of them.  If anyone else wants to vote for either one, please make your preference known by this Sunday, Sept. 5.

The Journey Down trilogy (5) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Millenia, Advie
Yoomurjak’s Ring (5) - Intense Degree (leader), Vegetable Party, Giom, Millenia, Chrissie
—————————————————————————
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’ll stick with Yoomurjak please! Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really don’t mind which game wins but as no-one has offered to lead The Journey Down I choose Yoomurjak’s Ring please.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Unless someone eager suddenly steps up as a leader for The Journey Down, I’m also choosing Yoormujak’s Ring.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If no one objects, I will call Yoomurjak’s Ring the winner of CP #68 now rather than wait until Sunday.  Intense will set up the playthrough thread when he’s ready.

The Journey Down trilogy (3) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

As I played a lot Yoomurjak’s Ring when we translated it into Spanish, I won’t be joining this CPT. I am sure you will enjoy Eger, a very pretty city in Hungary. The main character is quite charismatic, there are a couple of hard puzzles, and I preferred to play it in Hungarian, lovely accent!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 August 2021 10:01 PM

i thought long to not respond to the thought behind this post, but then i thought more that it wasnt me to think of doing the rational thing than to do what i feel.

i really do love you LK, what a nice person you are; please dont turn into just another Admin who cant draw a line between being a just member and one who has a louder voice, eventually

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 09 September 2021 02:05 PM
Lady Kestrel - 29 August 2021 10:01 PM

i thought long to not respond to the thought behind this post, but then i thought more that it wasnt me to think of doing the rational thing than to do what i feel.

i really do love you LK, what a nice person you are; please dont turn into just another Admin who cant draw a line between being a just member and one who has a louder voice, eventually

Oh please Advie, Lady Kestrel’s choice was The Journey Down so she could have gone down the ‘louder voice’ path to give the game more of a chance.
The two people who voted for both games, myself & Millenia, both chose Yoomurjak’s Ring in the absence of a leader although Millenia hinted that her choice may have changed otherwise?

The voting was due to end on September 2nd but TJD was nominated 6 days before & NO-ONE offered to lead it!

We’ve collectively been playing CPTs for a number of years & by now everyone should know we have to have a leader/co-ordinator/thread setter-up or whatever for a nominated game to win.

Others may disagree but if no-one can get their act together to offer this service by the time the voting ends why should the offer be extended on the game winning?    Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 09 September 2021 02:48 PM

The voting was due to end on September 2nd but TJD was nominated 6 days before & NO-ONE offered to lead it!

We’ve collectively been playing CPTs for a number of years & by now everyone should know we have to have a leader/co-ordinator/thread setter-up or whatever for a nominated game to win.

Others may disagree but if no-one can get their act together to offer this service by the time the voting ends why should the offer be extended on the game winning?    Smile

No, a leader is most certainly NOT necessary for a game to win, as you should know. We voted on that particular aspect in March 2020. You voted in favor of a leader, but your side did not win the vote.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top