• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So we either need to find our mystery package (which would be easier if our character just told us where he left it - he knows, damnit!), or find a single guard to subdue and take the gun from.

Have we tried that room where the woman was talking earlier? South near the dead-end/wiring closet?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 September 2016 05:30 PM

So we either need to find our mystery package (which would be easier if our character just told us where he left it - he knows, damnit!), or find a single guard to subdue and take the gun from.

Have we tried that room where the woman was talking earlier? South near the dead-end/wiring closet?

No, that one is missing, I think that one, the logistics office and the storage room (with the wrench)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 13 September 2016 02:47 PM

Well, I don’t remember anything so I have to resort to tries and deaths Smile

can we:

-get the wrench in the storage closet?
-enter the logistics office?

>n

Corner At Doors (in dimness)
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands closed to the north.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

>touch lockpick to plate
The pick locks itself rigidly to the black plate by the door. Its status dot flashes to yellow.

>z
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot is sliding towards green.

>z
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot is sliding towards green.

Your legs still itch. Just a bit.

>z
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot fades to pure green, but then it flashes red twice. The door does not move.

>open north door
You open the normal door.

You freeze; there is movement up the corridor, to the south. It sounds like yet another group of guards, moving slowly but steadily in the darkness.

>n

Storage Closet (in dimness)
This room is small and, perhaps, rarely used—not dirty, but not quite as clean and white as the corridors. The door to the south is open.

Two rough wooden crates are backed in a corner of the closet.

On the larger crate is a bolt wrench.

>get wrench
Taken.

>s

Corner At Doors (in dimness)
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands open to the north.

You can hear footsteps up the corridor, to the south.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

The lockpick is clinging to the black plate by the door.

The footsteps to the south are nearly upon you. You can make out figures in the darkness.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>attack with wrench

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The footsteps to the south are nearly upon you. You can make out figures in the darkness.

>attack guard with wrench
The footsteps are off to the south.

The guards advancing from the south are very close now. You press silently against the wall. But the hallways aren’t as dark as all that, and you are spotted immediately.

*** You have failed ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, UNDO your last move, or QUIT?
>

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We can probably use the wrench as a distraction when the guards are nearly upon us. It could even give us the upper hand against a group should we find a gun of our own (picking them off from behind while they investigate the noise of the wrench we threw).

- get the wrench from the closet
- investigate the “room with conversation” near the Diagonal Branch

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You can assume we have the wrench.

Diagonal Branch (in dimness)
This bare stretch of hallway angles from the northwest to the east; another short hall leads south.

>s

Dead End (in dimness)
The hallway ends in a blank white wall. A metal door stands closed to the west.

A discarded filing cabinet is standing by the wall. The drawers are closed.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 02:49 AM

We can probably use the wrench as a distraction when the guards are nearly upon us. It could even give us the upper hand against a group should we find a gun of our own (picking them off from behind while they investigate the noise of the wrench we threw).

- get the wrench from the closet
- investigate the “room with conversation” near the Diagonal Branch

Using the wrench as the lockpick was used before, you might be on to something.
But first explore de drawers

>x cabines
>open drawers

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x cabinet
It’s a standard three-drawer file cabinet. The drawers are closed.

>open drawers
You yank on the drawers; two are locked, but one comes open with an internal clank. The drawer is empty.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Confused… This is the room where we hid the stuff in the ventillator?
Let’s try Tim’s plan:

>n (diagonal branch I think)
>wait until guards are close
>throw wrench e

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The guards are at the corridor boundary so I took you there.

Corridor Boundary (in dimness)
The corridor angles here, and crosses a boundary of some sort as it does. A few strides down the southeast branch, a dotted red line crosses the floor. You can retreat from the boundary to the west.

There is a group of guards huddled to the southeast.

>throw wrench at guards
Their attention is just what you want least.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My plan involved getting a gun first. Tongue

Actually, I had a lot of hope vested on finding one in that ceiling gap. Now that we didn’t I’m a bit lost as to what our next step is / should be.

Edit:

Can we use the wrench to knock on the metal door next to the guards, but from the other side (Angle Branch)?

Maybe aim for a confrontation between this group and the one near the lab, and hope they take each other out in the dark?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 08:39 AM

Edit:

Can we use the wrench to knock on the metal door next to the guards, but from the other side (Angle Branch)?

Maybe aim for a confrontation between this group and the one near the lab, and hope they take each other out in the dark?

Short answer: No

Long Answer: AFAIK as soon as you enter the storage room (or even the western section as a whole) a group of guards start coming up the hallway from the south, so you can’t return to the angle branch.

Possibly more helpful answer: These guards aren’t that stupid. Neither are we, apparently.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 14 September 2016 08:48 AM

Long Answer: AFAIK as soon as you enter the storage room (or even the western section as a whole) a group of guards start coming up the hallway from the south, so you can’t return to the angle branch.

So we do need to get to the angle branch using the door behind the guard room.

Can we throw the wrench south, and hide in the storage closet while the guards investigate until we can bypass them?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>throw wrench south
The bolt wrench lands a short distance away.

A “short distance away” being the same location. I think that trick only worked with the lockpick.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top