• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Still Life 2

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Yes, I forgot the first part is rather hectic, it’s like being bombarded. Once you get a handle on it it becomes more manageable. It’s a bit of a shock at first.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll be honest. I’ve been afraid to return to the game. Partially because I get my feet blown off twice and suffered death by electrocution.

That should be enough. But consulting the WT I’ve been using, there’s more. It suggests using the metal detector to find the explosive devices. Except, when I right click to pull up inventory, the metal detector is not there.

So, I was able to find the first bomb and put a vent on top of it. So, on the next try I was able to walk over it. Without a metal detector I was unable to deactivate the bomb in front of the back stairs leading to the kitchen. Saved myself using the first aid kit. But then there is death everywhere, and my WT is clueless as to how to avoid it.

I am so close to tossing in the towel again. But will still try to look for that one missing element that gets me through to the next level.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I have been putting off playing it too, I don’t want to keep dying. The metal detector must have been taken when Vic was kidnapped, it is in the bunker.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie’s watchful eye seems to have disappeared.

I am tempted to watch a YT video of this particular section of the game. One of two things will happen, One, I will learn what I’m doing wrong and how to escape the death that is ever hovering over me. Or, two, I will learn nothing and will simply decide to watch the video until the end game is reached.

I am pretty much tied up with other things until Monday. So don’t wait for my decisions before you decide what you’re going to do.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I did find the metal detector with the help of a video WT. It’s in either Paloma’s or Vic’s room in the bomb shelter. (It’s resting against a wall and is nearly invisible. Look for a hot spot on the wall to the left when you’re facing the exit door.) Will try playing again later. That should eliminated getting killed by the land mines. Not sure whether it will be good for anything else. The game seems to run hot and cold. One moment it’s enjoyable. The next moment I’m ready to quite. We’ll see how long this enjoyable moment lasts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m still stumped, but I’ve made a fair amount of progress. I think I’ve disabled all the mines. At least my objectives check box says I have. Can access the house via either the back door/kitchen or front door/foyer. Have examined all the bodies in the front yard and found a few inventory items. Have located a control panel next to the gate in the back yard. Found another item using the metal detector in the back yard. Used that to open the control box. But am now in need of another item to remove the keypad. The metal detector does nothing in the foyer where I was fried to a crisp, so I think I will drop it in the bomb shelter and recover some other stuff. There is a dead rat in the foyer. Vic wonders what killed it. Well I can tell her what killed it because the same thing killed me in a past life.

So I have some exploring to do. I don’t see the end in sight, but at least it is no longer hopeless.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I played a little tonight, using a walkthrough to boost me along as I got sick of wandering aimlessly. I am stuck at the moment though, as I am supposed to call the killer, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks for reporting in. I don’t know where you are, or what you’ve done. I’ll try to give a description of where I am.

I have disabled all the explosive devices, and have access to the house. I have disabled the two electrocution devices and have re-visited all the upper level rooms. I have not entered the basement yet.

Inventory: The metal detector is in the bomb shelter repository. A first aid kit, the metal bar, color spray can, magnet/string, fork and knife are in the kitchen repository. I’m carrying a first aid kit the pronged bicycle spoke thing, the keypad, the broken watch, the reflective device and the laser device. My inventory is maxed out. All 16 squares are filled.

I’m saved at this point and am about ready to enter the basement. When I will actually do that is up in the air. Probably not tonight.

So how far ahead of, or behind this point are you?

Note: I didn’t use spoilers here since “disable device” doesn’t say how I disabled the device. And a listing of the inventory items might tell someone what they are missing, but it doesn’t tell anyone where to find them. Thought it would simplify telling you where I am.

Note to a Mod: can you please kill the duplicate post? Don’t know how it happened.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve entered the Lab/basement. I’m at the table where I suppose I’m supposed to be able to call for help. Inventory management to get to this point has been a real pain. A WT says I should save at this point. So I did. I’m guessing that death/reload might be an option. Will try to get some playtime in tomorrow. If not, it will be Friday before I can report back.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I am just ahead of that. I made it through the laser maze and got to the computer. I used it and triggered a cut scene. Then there was a timed sequence where I had to hide from the killer. After that I was supposed to make a trap. I used a walkthrough for this bit. After setting it you’re supposed to call the killer, but I have no option on my phone. So I have either missed something that triggers it, or found a bug.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not sure if this helps, but I have an incoming call from killer. Could it be as simple as responding to that call? Me? I’m tied up, like you, with RL.

Hope to finish this before the next CPT begins. But it is certain I won’t start a new one until this one is complete.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I got the call from the killer, then went to set the trap. When I have time I will go back to the cut scene and replay to see if it’s a glitch. It will probably be after Christmas at this point.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Will try to catch up by getting through the cut scene and seeing if the phone call works. Not sure when this will happen.

Regardless, have a great Christmas. Will see you on the other side.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Cut scene was short enough. Killer calls Vic and Vic comments that she now has Killer’s phone number, so, unless there’s a bug, calling him after setting the trap should not be a problem. I, however, do have a problem. Am at the place where I am supposed to set the trap. I’ve returned the keypad to its place, but there’s another piece that I need to put in place. Checked a WT and it’s the remote control from the 2nd floor balcony. I don’t remember getting that device. Or, if I did, I showed it to Garris. Whatever, I don’t remember what happened to it. It’s not in inventory nor in the bunker storage, 2nd floor bedroom storage, kitchen storage. There are only two more storage places available, the storage next to the dumbwaiter in the basement and the storage bin next to the front steps. Not sure what I can do if the item is still missing. Unless it’s lying in plain site somewhere.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I’m pretty sure I picked up that during this part of the game. It should still be up there.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top