• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Warning of one mesage in my Inbox and I have none

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I keep seeing on the top of the screen walas74(1) meaning I have a new message in my Inbox and I have none. I even deleted all my messages and the warning still stands.

Thanks!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hi,

Could you see if the issue still persists? I’ve made some changes

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

This has been persisting for me for the last few months.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

CaliMonk - 24 August 2021 08:30 AM

Hi,

Could you see if the issue still persists? I’ve made some changes

Yes, it still persists Frown

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hm. Frustrating :-(

Current running theory is that it’s PM’s that spambots have send that we’ve removed but the system that is indicating you have a message isn’t picking that up.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

So walas, if you get a new PM, the number will go up, then go back and remain at one when you’ve read the new message? Just wondering if this glitch persists even when the system correctly updates with new messages.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I’ve found that there is a separate ‘counter’ that isn’t automatically changed when for instance a user is banned or a spam message deleted. I’ve manually fixed some message counts now, I’ll see if I create a custom script that runs every so often to see if you’ve read all your messages and if so corrects the counter.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

So, there were 6 people that were facing this bug (myself included). I’ve fixed the counters, what I’ve found so far is that I _think_ it’s related to being send the message as a copy. The system doesn’t entirely properly make a reference to the message, or something along those lines.

This could align with the spammer, as they’d likely try and message several people with a message as ‘copy’. Looking at my own message, the user that send me the message (and this message no longer exists) is also a user that doesn’t exist anymore.

I’ve now created a simple script that runs every few minutes and checks to see if there is any misalignment between the counter of messages you’ve read and the actual messages you’ve read.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, it’s fixed now!

Thank you very much.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top