• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Still Life 2

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tim, there are 3 walkthroughs on GB - have you tried looking at ZSZubairie’s? I know I had a lot of trouble waiting for Garris to open the door as you only have to omit doing one small thing!

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks. I will look. FWIW the non-linearity of the game was confirmed. I decided to look at a video WT on YT. The player received the first call from Claire before she found the shock collar. Which means she had already cleaned the plate before entering Paloma’s basement bedroom/holding cell. I asked myself what I should make of this information? And the answer is I can’t make anything of this information as it was acquired in a totally different order than the way I played the game.

Another thing. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but I don’t see your recommended author’s name in a Google search for Still Life2 walkthroughs. Will GB allow me to dl a WT without being a member? If not, that’s a problem since I was ask to leave the site around ten years ago. Still am good friends with Laura McDonald and Ana Sprague. But that won’t buy me a pint in a pub.

I’ll try to download without membership from the GB site as soon as I finish this message. If it doesn’t work, can you PM me that one tiny obscure thing I might not have done.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 408

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I just found GB walkthrough on a google search, just came right up on a webpage.

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/StillLife2byz/StillLife2byz.htm

I was wondering what the rope was for, I never did that. I feel like I did more things before Claire called, but I can’t remember what. Did you transfer the information from your phone to your kit? Also try checking each item in there is 100% on it’s findings.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The non-linearity doesn’t help so it’s worth looking at all 3 walkthroughs on GB. You don’t have to be a member to access them - you can just go to the site & ‘walkthroughs’.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I was able to dl the WT you suggested. I’ve not had a chance to look at it in detail yet. But I did note that it told me that pages 4-13 would be all I needed to know. Hope that’s the case because that’s what I printed.

Hope I will find the trigger that opens the door. If not…..

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Today was a busy day. So not much progress game wise. I’ve finally started to read the WT. It’s fairly detailed so I’m taking my time to make sure I read everything before I reload a game and try again. I haven’t reached the “important” part where Paloma trips the wire and Vic takes over.

There is something I noticed. And that is that I don’t seem to have an analysis of the symbol found on the side of the shed. I’ve tried to do this on three occasions, including my current replay. I’ve had no problem with the other images so I may be missing something here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got held up by the symbol by the shed. I was looking at the wrong one. The symbol is on the left-most post just before the electric fence Victoria should take a photo of it - you should end up with a photo: ‘pattern resembling a military badge’

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

That I’ve got. Just trying to make sure it’s identified as a military symbol in order to cross it off my “did I miss something list.” I’ve arrived at the point in the new walkthrough where Vic is at the Killer’s house. Since I copied/pasted the WT into a Word document the pagination doesn’t match some of the basics, such as you only need to read pages 4-11. The Vic starts in Word on page 20. I can live with these small problems as long as I get enough information to finish the game.

One of the interesting points in the WT is to make sure you activate the Help system via Menu/Options/Game/Help/Yes. However there are no instructions as to how to activate the Help function when you actually need help. A situation that certainly applies to my current status. I’m thinking that these types of instructions might have been available as a “readme” on the original discs, but aren’t available on a GoG download.

Will do some more reading tomorrow to see if I can find the trigger for Claire’s next phone call, and. thus, Garris’s opening of the door.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, identifying the symbol as some sort of military insignia was not the problem. I had to go back a few pages in the kit’s sample index to find it. But it was there.

I think I am going to throw in the towel though. The new WT that chrissie recommended is very detailed, and would likely get me to a place where I could go through the charred door. However, in addition to being very detailed, it also took an entirely different route than I took (with the help of a different WT.) So the only way to use the new WT is to restore to the point where Vic and Garris first arrive at the killer’s house, and replay everything from that point forward. I’m guessing that would take a good two-three hours. And, to make sure I didn’t confuse the game I played with the new game, I would need to follow the WT point by point. Unfortunately by doing that I would no longer be playing the game. I would be playing the walkthrough. Which is something that doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Only thought now is to somehow use the Help system that I activated from the Options menu. I don’t know how to do that. It’s got to be a keyboard sequence such as Ctrl-H or something like that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think the help system is automatically enabled in the download versions

If you access ‘Objectives’ on the smartphone there’s a lightbulb icon to the right of each objective which gives a hint when clicked on. I didn’t really find it that helpful.

Looking back over what you’ve done I’m not sure that the alternative walkthrough was needed as you seem to have done everything that you needed to do to trigger Garris opening up the room.
The only thing I can think of is that there is just one very small bit of evidence you’ve missed somewhere e.g. a finger/footprint, blood sample etc.

Yes, the game is very frustrating so I don’t blame you for wanting to give up!

Just a thought, if you want to have one last chance maybe you could list all of your evidence & I’ll compare it to what I had before Garris opened the door to try & pinpoint what you missed.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry. I’ve been distracted with RL things. Should have a chance to get to it tomorrow afternoon.

But to clarify, what exactly do you mean by “evidence?” Is it a list of all the physical objects that were collected/sampled? Or do you mean something else?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was thinking of the analysis stuff in the forensics kit.

If you list the items that have been analysed but just put the number where there are several samples such as of blood, tire tracks, fingerprints etc I may be able to work out what’s missing.
If you’re short say of a fingerprint then that can be followed up with a list of the individual analysis for each fingerprint. Hope that makes sense.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Got it. It’s going to be a long list that I must copy to paper, then transcribe to you. But if it gets me past this roadblock it will be well worth it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I did do some more work this afternoon. Still not where I want to be, but perhaps getting a little closer. Did some more searching for clues. I found another boot print in the back yard. I also went through all of the samples again and found a few that weren’t 100% Those resulted in my being able to place a call to Claire and receiving a call as well. Not the one I wanted to get, but it’s progress.

Maybe I won’t pull the plug quite yet. I don’t know what happens in the next chapter. Hopefully we play again as Paloma. That would mean switching to the new improved WT for an entire chapter, which might get me through to the end of the game. Fingers crossed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 408

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I have been playing on and off, sometimes making progress, sometimes wandering around getting nowhere. I didn’t want to post too much until you were unstuck.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top