• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your Top 100 Adventure Games (Voting Ended) 

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

Hi,

I guess I’m new here. I don’t post, but I come here often, just to read some threads.

Here is my list. I hope I’m not gonna get too much hate for this… My taste can be weird.

Ace Attorney 3
Ace Attorney 6
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
AI : The Somnium Files
AI : The Somnium Files, Nirvana Initiative
Blackwell Epiphany
Broken Age
Clock Tower
Cube Escape: Paradox
Danganronpa 2
Danganronpa V3
Day of the Tentacle
Deponia 2
Deponia 3
Deponia 4
Device 6
Finding Paradise
Fran Bow
Goblins 3
Ghost Trick
Grim Fandango
Harvey’s New Eyes
King’s Quest 6
King’s Quest 7
Lair of the Clockwork God
Leisure suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice
Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Monkey Island 3
La-Mulana
La-Mulana 2
Lily’s Well
Myst
The Neverhood
Outer Wilds
Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye
Portal 2
The Procession of Calvary
Return of the Obra Dinn
Rusty Lake: Roots
Sam and Max: The Devil’s Playhouse
Smile for Me
Tangle Tower
There is no Game: Wrong Dimension
Thimbleweed Park
Toonstruck
Tsioque
Year Walk
Your Turn to Die
Yuppie Psycho
The Whispered World
The Witch’s House
The Witness
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure
Zero Time Dilemma
Zork Grand Inquisitor

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

nice! Smile

I like your list. It has character.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2022-06-24

PM

I’m loving these lists, many interesting games I didn’t know about. Great thread.

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

Well, thank you!

I’ve been playing adventure games since the early 90s. I like very different things.

My taste also changed a lot over the years. For example, until recently, I was also a big fan of the Discworld and Simon the Sorcerer games, but I was disappointed when I replayed them last year. There are still nice games, IMO, but I wouldn’t put them in my top.

Oh, and I apologize for my English. I’m not a native speaker, so I might sound awkward.

Total Posts: 7472

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Joe monsters - 25 July 2022 10:02 PM

My taste also changed a lot over the years. For example, until recently, I was also a big fan of the Discworld and Simon the Sorcerer games, but I was disappointed when I replayed them last year. There are still nice games, IMO, but I wouldn’t put them in my top.

Just curious: What is wrong with Deponia 1?  Smile

PS: I liked all of them but Doomsday is my favorite.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

Karlok - 26 July 2022 04:25 AM

Just curious: What is wrong with Deponia 1?  Smile

PS: I liked all of them but Doomsday is my favorite.

Nothing, really. I like it a lot. I just think it’s not as great as the sequels. A good game overall, but not in my top.

Chaos, Goodbye and Doomsday, though… They’re all awesome for different reasons, IMO, I love them all.

I’m a big fan of Poki’s writing. Harvey’s New Eyes is one my favorite games.

I still hope we’ll get a new game for him someday… Sigh… I miss the old Daedalic.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Joe monsters - 26 July 2022 01:38 PM

Nothing, really. I like it a lot. I just think it’s not as great as the sequels. A good game overall, but not in my top.

Chaos, Goodbye and Doomsday, though… They’re all awesome for different reasons, IMO, I love them all.

I’m a big fan of Poki’s writing.

Me too.

Harvey’s New Eyes is one my favorite games.

I enjoyed Lilli’s adventures but Edna and Harvey is my favorite by far. Played it twice to see every single one of the unique responses. Took me weeks and I loved every moment of it.

I still hope we’ll get a new game for him someday… Sigh… I miss the old Daedalic.

As far as I know Poki quit the game designing business some years ago and went back to music. Frown

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-09-02

PM

5 Days a Stranger
7 Days a Skeptic
Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise
Alice is Dead - Episode 3
Blackwell Convergence
Blackwell Deception
Blackwell Epiphany
Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
Chronicle of Innsmouth
Day of the Tentacle
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
Detective Grimoire
Don’t Escape: 4 Days to Survive
Dr. Doyle and the Mystery of the Cloche Hat
Emerald City Confidential
Fran Bow
Gemini Rue
Grim Fandango
The Journey Down
Kathy Rain
KGB
Lamplight City
Maniac Mansion
Metaphobia
Primordia
Red Strings Club
Resonance
Return of the Obra Dinn
Richard & Alice
Rusty Lake: Roots
The Samaritan Paradox
The Secret of Monkey Island
Shardlight
The Silent Age
Skumring
Space Pilgrim
Technobabylon
Thimbleweed Park
Unavowed
Unforeseen Incidents
Whispers of a Machine

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’d like to add:

2064: Read Only Memories
A Hand With Many Fingers
Disco Elysium
Four Horsemen
Hypnospace Outlaw
If On a Winter’s Night, Four Travelers
Inspector Waffles
Tacoma
Tick Tock: a Tale for Two
Lunar Axe

..I didn’t manage to (re)examine every game of merit and good repute. Still no idea if Syberia is any good. I mentioned this before, but this was way more complicated than naming my favourite albums, movies, foods, anything really that isn’t adventure games.

Hope I did the genre a service. Obviously I hope a couple of games get a bit more recognition than they do right now, but however the list turns out: it’s going to be interesting.

edit: ..wait.

One more. It was on my “is this an adventure game?”-list. I’m still not sure, but in if the genre can embrace visual novels, puzzle games and narrative (combat-light) rpg’s, can we consider

Golem Creation Kit?

If so, it has my vote. Probably won’t matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I think it deserves a shout out, at least.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I would like to add my list, this gem that I forgot:
The Witness

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude - 27 July 2022 08:56 PM

I would like to add my list, this gem that I forgot:
The Witness

Must have been my avatar that triggered your memory. Cool!  Innocent

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2022-07-03

PM

Well, thank you!

I’ve been playing adventure games since the early 90s. I like very different things.

Oh, and I apologize for my English. I’m not a native speaker, so I might sound awkward.

i was just wondering whats your favourite discword game.they are all quite differant,noir particularly.as each came out i liked them but became a fan of the proggresion,i know noir bends the world a bit and the investigative part is not everyones cup of tea,but for me it created depth.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is just a reminder that you have until midnight this Sunday to submit your lists or to make any changes to your existing lists.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

Sorry, I wanted to add one game to my list:

Strangeland

I didn’t think I would like it that much.

As far as I know Poki quit the game designing business some years ago and went back to music.

Oh, that’s too bad. I loved his games. I thought they were unique. Frown

i was just wondering whats your favourite discword game.they are all quite differant,noir particularly.as each came out i liked them but became a fan of the proggresion,i know noir bends the world a bit and the investigative part is not everyones cup of tea,but for me it created depth.

It’s difficult to say… I think each game has pros and cons. Discworld 1 has a massive world, with a lot of locations, it’s a long and inventive game… but I find the puzzles too hard, some are even tedious.

Discworld 2 was my favorite for a long time. I love the art style, the universe, the story and characters. I just find the ending rushed, and, therefore, a bit weak.

Discworld Noir is one of the greatest detective game I played. I love the atmosphere, the gameplay, the references to films noirs, etc. I’m just not a big fan of the investigation, mostly when we learn the truth. It didn’t feel like I could have been able to guess who done it and why, and that’s a bit of a shame. Also, I think the game feels a bit archaic now.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I will be posting the voting results tomorrow, Aug. 1, so please get your votes in before midnight tonight.

I’m making two changes to my own list.  I’m replacing Myst with RealMyst and adding The Labyrinth of Time.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top