• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Charophycean - 18 July 2022 12:57 AM

The journal shows the birds flying away and says “+5 degrees” next to it. So I look at through the telescope at the birds flying. As soon as I access it the birds are already flying which means I have to quickly move my mouse to the top of the screen, and I guess the point they are flying from is around 150 degrees. Which means I need to set the dial to 155. So I do that.

Like you, I thought that a player is supposed to catch (by his own two eyes) the exact place on the scale from 0 to 180 degrees where the geese emerge into the scene, but it’s not so. If you look through the telescope in a room near that great gate at the very end of the cave in which the Hydrafloat is located, you’ll see the number 140*, clearly visible on the scale, and the geese would once again show at the exact point. So all you have to do then is add 5 degrees (as indicated in the Valembois log), and - voila!
*it’s the only number visible (beside 0 and 180), and it’s in red (to boot), so you can’t miss it

I don’t think this game is stupid; it just needs a lot of patience and observation, like most of the old adventure games.

Charophycean - 18 July 2022 01:37 AM

Pixel-hunting every screen in gloomy darkness to find items and hotspots with no additional in-game clues to their location, resembles more of a nightmare than an enjoyable gaming experience.

I agree with you, but I think (and hope) the things will get better.
In the gloomy shades of Amerzonian rain forests, and beneath murky waters of the Amerzone River? Oops. Grin

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 17 July 2022 08:45 PM

Two, there’s a lot of unnecessary stuff. Yes, you can reach the top of the lighthouse by using the second elevator. But, if you were diligent, you already explored that territory when you were in the office environs.

A lot of unnecessary stuff? I didn’t know, although there wasn’t much to do either.

Chase - 18 July 2022 01:22 AM

there’s a little hole in the elevator near the floor. It goes in there to stop the elevator at a 3rd floor where you have to smash the brick wall. Took me forever to figure out what to do with the metal thing too.

Third floor? But the diagram says exactly what floor the egg is on, and it says on sublevel 1.

zobraks - 18 July 2022 02:17 AM

Like you, I thought that a player is supposed to catch (by his two eyes) the exact place on the scale from 0 to 180 degrees where the geese emerge into the scene, but it’s not so.

I too at first thought that we had to determine the coordinates only through observation and manual calculation. I actually started counting:
“Let’s see… here we have 90 degrees and over there are 180 degrees, so each dash must mean 5 more degrees. What point did the geese go through?, Hmmm 90, 95, 100, 105, I think it was around here”.

Obviously all this before finding the second floor in the elevator where it marked directly in red color which was the correct coordinate.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

If you want to know what to do with metal thing that looks like a key…

there’s a little hole in the elevator near the floor. It goes in there to stop the elevator at a 3rd floor where you have to smash the brick wall. Took me forever to figure out what to do with the metal thing too.

Or at least I think that’s the metal thing you’re talking about.

Hole in the elevator near the floor? I just spent 10 minutes searching the elevator in both the darkness and light of the upper floor and I could find nothing.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m playing the same game.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Charophycean - 18 July 2022 07:52 AM

If you want to know what to do with metal thing that looks like a key…

Or at least I think that’s the metal thing you’re talking about.

Hole in the elevator near the floor? I just spent 10 minutes searching the elevator in both the darkness and light of the upper floor and I could find nothing.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m playing the same game.

Yes haha.

You have to step onto the elevator (the one in basement) then you’ll see a hole near the floor. I think it’s somewhere under the switch. Just step onto elevator and look around.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Nope, no luck. And I searched both elevators (there are only two, right?)

I think fate has decreed once again that I’m not just supposed to play this game. Maybe I’ll try again when I’m 80.

AKA Charo

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Charophycean - 18 July 2022 10:47 AM

Nope, no luck. And I searched both elevators (there are only two, right?)

I think fate has decreed once again that I’m not just supposed to play this game. Maybe I’ll try again when I’m 80.

The elevator in the basement XD

[spoiler]the hole is above the mouse pointer lol:
[/spoiler]

edit: sorry i don’t know how to put an image in spoilers apparently

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s okay, Chase!  Anything to help ease Charo’s frustration with this part of the game.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got involved in other things so haven’t had a chance to get stuck in yet but I’ll have some after tomorrow to catch up!  Smile

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

@Charo Maybe it’s too obvious a question, but you turned on the light in the basement, right?

Edit: The hole to insert the key or that metal thing only appears when we are on the top floor (which is the default floor when we are in the basement), and not if we descend.

~

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve got to agree with Zobraks’ comment about the difficulty of the game when he said that many of the players might also be having difficulties, but just aren’t posting about them. He’s right, because I’m one of those people. It was pure luck that I found the “sardine can key” that you use in the elevator. I did what I usually do when I’m in a new location. I do a 360-degree scan looking for hot spots. Didn’t see it when I got out of the elevator or when I got back in. Only really started looking for something when I saw the drawings on the desk. Found it on the next pass. The keyhole was fairly easy to spot. But then I used is as I would use any key ... I inserted into the hole and turned it. Wrong! A couple of trips up and down the elevator told me that maybe I should just put the key in and leave it. It doesn’t work if you try to use it going up. At least it didn’t work for me. Only works when going down from the top floor. The whole sequence took me close to an hour. More than a few F-Bombs were uttered before the egg was safely on board. But I didn’t post about it. Probably because I didn’t want anyone know what a hard time I was having solving what, in hindsight, was a fairly easy puzzle.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Tenebra - 18 July 2022 02:21 PM

Edit: The hole to insert the key or that metal thing only appears when we are on the top floor (which is the default floor when we are in the basement), and not if we descend.

Oh yes forgot to mention that.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After finishing the first section, I looked at a walkthough to see what I could have done differently.  After reading it and also seeing what you have written here, I realize that in the Mac version they have simplified a few of the actions but but fortunately kept most of them from the original.  However, I think the navigation is much easier in my game, and the use of bright green cursors has helped tremendously in finding items against the dark background, such as when operating the crane.

Be that as it may, if I mention something that seems off to you as we continue, just let me know so I can check to see if it’s because of the differences in our versions.

Regarding the first section, I felt awful about not being able to contact someone about the poor Valembois dying.  Just leaving him there seems so callous.

One of the things I really like about the game is the wonderful animals, although seeing the taxidermy head of the porcopotamus made me sad.

This critter, though, I wouldn’t want to meet in real life. 

Since most of you have landed safely, we can begin the next section of our quest.  Find your way into the atoll’s lagoon and do your usual adventurer things i.e. explore, steal, and solve puzzles.  It is brighter here but not much livelier.  Stop after you reach the next destination.  Hopefully you’ll have better luck than Valembois and his friends did.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 July 2022 04:24 PM

Stop after you reach the next destination.  Hopefully you’ll have better luck than Valembois and his friends did.

I hate to assume, but I assume the next destination is the beginning of Chapter 3.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, after you fly again.

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

This section was too short? Because I only played for an hour at the most and I’m already in Chapter 3.

I have no life.

~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top