• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2022-06-24

PM

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Red Matter 2 got a release date: 18.8.2022.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

The Invincible

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The Invincible looks very good. I think I’ve read the book as well, but that was so long ago, I don’t really remember much of it.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

‘I hear no beeps and I see no dots’ is pretty epic.

Total Posts: 1788

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

One of my Kickstarter games is due for release this September - like everything all these games have been delayed due to Covid.

Whateverland is out then, barring last minute problems of course, and, having backed it, I’m really looking forward to this.
I still have 3 other Kickstarter games awaiting release:

Prim (picked up by ASH which gave the indie developer (a full time school teacher in Germany) a lot of extra help and money plus a switch to Unity which has delayed release until late next year.

3 Minutes To Midnight

Near-Mage

Just sorting out a brand new PC which is giving me problems. Hopefully sorted by September Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

@VGP (Vegetable Party is that you?) - have you tried the demo for Old Skies? Just trying to see if you’re not sold on the concept or actually not sold after playing for a bit?
I thought it was pretty cool

@PlanetX
- I had my eye on this Garage:Bad Dream (and it seems like it has a huge following), but I thought it was a tad too expensive to buy without having high enthusiasm for it. Have you tried it?

@mrpmosh
- looking forward to those as well. Mr Coo would be a day one buy, for sure. Golden Idol looks really intriguing, I hope they will have a demo eventually. Still haven’t gotten around to try Blood Nova, but I did enjoy Corruption Within from the same developer, so I think it’ll be a good one. I just hope they gonna have enough game time to develop a story fully, the other game just felt a bit too brisk.

@meteor
- The Invincible looks great, but I think I’m getting my fill of sci-fi and cyberpunk titles. Slowly but surely.

@Jabod I’m looking forward to Prim and 3 Minutes to Midnight as well. I played Whateverland demo and was left with sort of “meh” feeling, but also that it had potential. It’s been awhile ago though, so I ought to replay it to refresh my memories.
I wasn’t blown away by Gibbous, although I did enjoyed it, just not as much as I hoped, so Near-Mage isn’t very high on my list, but I’ll be looking forward to hear what others think when it hits the market.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I love detective games that make you think for yourself rather than guide you on rails, so I’ve recently added The Evidence to my list.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

DCast - 24 July 2022 10:26 PM

@VGP (Vegetable Party is that you?) - have you tried the demo for Old Skies? Just trying to see if you’re not sold on the concept or actually not sold after playing for a bit?
I thought it was pretty cool

hi Dcast! It is.

I almost forgot about Old Skies. I was kind of focused on the top 100 list, but I’m glad you reminded me. I just played the demo. I was impressed by the quality and amount of frames in the character animation. The environments are cool as well, the music was nice and fit the scene. I’m looking forward to this.

Only negative point would be the first puzzles are essentially a gameplay tutorial. Tutorials are good, but not that fun for experienced players. It’s not a big deal, though. 

@PlanetX - I had my eye on this Garage:Bad Dream (and it seems like it has a huge following), but I thought it was a tad too expensive to buy without having high enthusiasm for it. Have you tried it?

seconded; really curious to hear what you think of the game.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

The sound of the slap to the back of the head. Hahah!

Kind of reminds me of Mr Inbetween.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wow some of ya’ll love an adventure games A LOT HAHA. I am hoping this post belongs to this thread, while its not upcoming it is for me.

new games seem to be a minefield for me, I dont even know where to start, a top 5 of the last 10 yeas would be great.

I’ve finally found time to play The Longest Journey.  I’ve literally only left the apartment but very much looking forward to going through what I understand is a masterpiece for its time. The graphics still have something to love and the voice acting is great. Currently, I play an hr or 2 a week on discord stream with my cousin as kids we’d always play adventure games together so its nice to get back to it, we’ve just redone the first 3 monkey island games too in wake of the new one which is what I am really excited about! I mean how could you not be? Probably everyone here on the board is though

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New detective adventure game from the Danganronpa team. Kazutaka Kodaka (the director and scenario writer of the series) has been talking about this for a while, since back when he formed TooKyo games with Kotaro Uchikoshi and announced 5 games in production. This game has actually been in development for many years, since before Kodaka left SpikeChunsoft.

Looks like a familiar blend of mystery solving puzzles & mini games anyone who’s played Danganronpa will be familiar with, but of course now the game is fully 3D and has a supernatural element to it. I’m really looking forward to this one since it’s pretty clear the team is putting their all into it.

Yuma, an amnesiac detective-in-training and Shinigami, the spirit hunting him, tackle unsolved mysteries in a strange city caged by unending rain.​

Master Detectives vs. Megacorporation​

A city of rain is gripped by innumerable unsolved mysteries, under the complete control of a megacorporation. Master Detectives from around the world, each possessing unique powers, must rise to the challenge of uncovering the truth. With Shinigami by his side, Yuma joins the investigation as a trainee of the detective agency. Travel freely within the fully 3D environment of the city to gather evidence and testimonies.

Enter the Mystery Labyrinth, a unique and offbeat puzzle-solving experience!​

As the investigation progresses, a realm known as the Mystery Labyrinth will appear, creating a path toward the truth. Once inside however, the mysteries shrouding the case materialize as gimmicks and traps, lying in wait to consume Yuma. The rules of reality don’t apply here: delve into the ever-changing Mystery Labyrinth and get to heart of the case.

But that’s not all! Monstrous Mystery Phantoms will do whatever it takes to prevent Yuma from reaching the truth.
Dodge their barrage of lies and slash the contradictions to pieces with the Solution Blade!
Features​

●A new project from the team of Danganronpa – Experience the latest lucid-noir adventure written by Kazutaka Kodaka!
●3D Detective Adventure – Explore the neon-drenched city of rain and its stygian counterpart in a full 3D environment to the fantastic phantasmal music of Masafumi Takada.
●Eccentric Cast – Meet the unique characters of the detective agency as they face an oppressive corporate-controlled security force designed by Rui Komatsuzaki.
●Puzzles and Paradoxes – Adventure through the paths of challenging dungeons and use deductions to fight Mystery Phantoms trying to bury the truth.
●Includes Japanese and English voice and Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish text

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

New Rusty Lake end of Novemberish….cant wait. 2 player only, it seems.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-09-28

PM

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum so I don’t know if this is the right place to do it, but, if you’re looking for upcoming interesting games, I can suggest to you my game DREAMERS, which will be released by the end of the year on PlayStation, Xbox and Steam, on late November/early December Laughing

It’s an adventure game focused on narrative and exploration of the multiple locations of the story! You’ll have a ton of side quests to complete, mini-games (such as fishing or drone delivering) and collectibles to find! Don’t let the low poly, colorful graphic fool you, because some themes are pretty dark!

This is the Steam page, if you want to check it out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1528060/DREAMERS/

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day Heart

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Didn’t find a thread for this, but just played the Rosewater demo. Nice setting, solid production values sorta things (voices, art, etc), but really like how responsive the game is. You can say different stuff to characters, do different things ... if they keep it up through the whole game that’s going to be pretty great. I hope.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top