• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CaliMonkchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

A pretty good Police Quest-inspired series:

Broken Windows. It’s situated in England, mid-Brexit. It has procedural elements but it definitely leans into classic point & click MacGuyverism.

https://gamejolt.com/games/bw1/459860

I have no idea if monks marry people. I guess they do when they’re pressured by the King of Daventry. He even stacked the pews with his vanquished enemies. Graham seems like the type of King who has his own religion and he just basically makes it up on the spot.

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Playing Happy Game , released today. It’s a series of minigames, like Chuchel. Made by Amanita, quality guaranteed. It was announced as a horror game, so I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. Even so, I’m not real happy with the design. The minigames are fun to play, not scary at all for an adult. No jump scares so far, just evil toys and puppets. But there’s this little protagonist, the toddler who is having these nightmares. He is scared and helpless, he cries, wails, bangs walls, doesn’t know what to. I feel for him, it jars, makes me feel uncomfortable.

Another game about the nightmares of a toddler was Among the Sleep . Totally different game, first-person and the little guy had a teddy with daddy’s voice to comfort him. This toddler only has me. How can I have fun while he is suffering…

I’d be interested to know if other people feel the same or it’s just me being oversensitive.

PS: Finished it. I got used to moving a scared little kid around and it helped that after a while he stopped the wailing and crying that tugged at my heart strings. But I still wish they had chosen a different protagonist.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am now playing Kathy Rain the Directors Cut. It’s very good, it has some scenes and puzzles, quite fun so far. I’ve posted an unofficial CPT for those interested.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m playing The Stanley Parable.  I’ve gotten quite a few stories and even made it to the “final” ending, but because there may be other stories to uncover, I will probably continue to play…and play…and play.  The narrator’s voice acting is excellent, and I love the humor in the game.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If you like the Stanley Parable you should also play Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist by the same devs. Free and short, only 30 minutes.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lady Kestrel - 31 October 2021 12:08 PM

I’m playing The Stanley Parable.  I’ve gotten quite a few stories and even made it to the “final” ending, but because there may be other stories to uncover, I will probably continue to play…and play…and play.  The narrator’s voice acting is excellent, and I love the humor in the game.

I need to play this game, I’ve heard so much about it, all good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for the recommendation, Karlok.  I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit:  I see Steam has it.  It looks like fun.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 November 2021 11:56 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, Karlok.

And thanks for the gift, Lady Kestrel!

I think I’m near the end of Yoomurjak’s Ring, a game of solid puzzles, minimal guidance and lots of charm.

After that, I’ll check out Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist (Revenge of the Pirate Professor)

And then it’s time for Tex Murphy: Overseer.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Karlok - 29 October 2021 12:15 AM

Playing Happy Game , released today. It’s a series of minigames, like Chuchel. Made by Amanita, quality guaranteed. It was announced as a horror game, so I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. Even so, I’m not real happy with the design. The minigames are fun to play, not scary at all for an adult. No jump scares so far, just evil toys and puppets. But there’s this little protagonist, the toddler who is having these nightmares. He is scared and helpless, he cries, wails, bangs walls, doesn’t know what to. I feel for him, it jars, makes me feel uncomfortable.

Another game about the nightmares of a toddler was Among the Sleep . Totally different game, first-person and the little guy had a teddy with daddy’s voice to comfort him. This toddler only has me. How can I have fun while he is suffering…

I’d be interested to know if other people feel the same or it’s just me being oversensitive.

From what I can tell, this is effect is intentional. How do I say this.. it’s like a (stress) care simulator for a helpless creature? I have a couple of thoughts, but I haven’t played the game and I don’t want to rant. But I did feel the same thing.

Total Posts: 1671

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I just beat adam venture. It was about the lowest rent rip off of Uncharted that I’ve ever seen but it had a lot of decent logic puzzles in it and for a dollar fifty I did find some enjoyment. if anybody is bored and want some decent puzzles and a small bit of platforming I suggest checking it out, at a huge discount rate.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-04-15

PM

In my way throught half of romancing SaGa 2

Im also playing Colonel bequest for the first time and planning on starting The 2015 reboot for Kings quest

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jdawg445 - 26 November 2021 02:00 PM

I just beat adam venture. It was about the lowest rent rip off of Uncharted that I’ve ever seen but it had a lot of decent logic puzzles…...

I’ve got the first two games on disc which I’ve never got around to playing - I haven’t got a clue about ‘Uncharted’ but I’m tempted by decent logic puzzles so may get around to playing at least the first of the Adam games now that you’ve mentioned them.  Smile

Total Posts: 1671

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 28 November 2021 04:43 PM
Jdawg445 - 26 November 2021 02:00 PM

I just beat adam venture. It was about the lowest rent rip off of Uncharted that I’ve ever seen but it had a lot of decent logic puzzles…...

I’ve got the first two games on disc which I’ve never got around to playing - I haven’t got a clue about ‘Uncharted’ but I’m tempted by decent logic puzzles so may get around to playing at least the first of the Adam games now that you’ve mentioned them.  Smile

The one I played was called Adam Venture Origins might be a remaster it’s on the PS4 like I said I got it for a dollar fifty. There is no combat but quite a few stealth sections that are extremely buggy and a grappling hook, that you use all the time for the platforming. The story and characters are low rent uncharted rip offs, but if you like math puzzles, mazes, or re-wiring stuff, you would like the puzzles.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for the second time. It is my favorite adventure game I’ve played this year. A great game anyway you want to measure it.

Heart

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2020-12-03

PM

Started with The Raven Remastered, was on discount for Nintendo Switch, so I picked it up for the upcoming holidays, hopefully worth the price.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top