• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Beyond the Edge of Owlsgard

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 08 February 2023 08:02 PM

I’d say you can count on a playtime of at least 10 hours. I finished it after roughly 15 hours. But I’m not your average player, I’m slow with puzzles and I take my time exploring everything. This game has great voice acting, so I didn’t interrupt the characters. (If I don’t like the voices I shut them up as soon as I’ve read their lines, like many players do.)

Yes, the price is too high. The dev wrote in reply to someone at Steam that he sucks at marketing. That may have something to do with it.

EDIT: Heh, I noticed the Baron’s 8 hours after I posted my reply. I stick with 10.

From the demo, i did enjoy the voice acting. I did find some of the dialogue to be a little long winded though.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

True. I didn’t mind for the most part. It became a bit too longwinded near the end.

I’m usually not terribly interested in achievements, unless they’re fun easter eggs. I got 80 of the 94(!) Owlsgard achievements, which also explains my 15 hours playtime. And I played in Classic Mode.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Took me about 3 weeks to finish, but with a long gap between the first two and last two chapters. I also didn’t rush and tried everything out as I wrote (interactions, dialogue choices, death scenes), and also got stuck at least twice. All in all 10-12 hours sounds fair, about 2 times longer than Hob’s Barrow.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 08 February 2023 08:02 PM

Yes, the price is too high. The dev wrote in reply to someone at Steam that he sucks at marketing. That may have something to do with it.

The price is definitely what’s stopping me from playing it.

Good marketing would be to set your price low for your 1st game to draw people in, then increase it for the 2nd when you’ve proven yourself. Or at least do a big sale every now and then - best of both worlds.

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top