• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Something is wrong

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Same issue with me, Karlok. No idea why.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Harold Halibut, Another Crab’s Treasure, Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum. Broken Sword: Reforged CE

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 23 October 2021 09:43 AM

I noticed my name (currently online) now has an asterisk attached to it, although I haven’t changed anything in my settings or preferences. I take it that means my name is invisible to others.

Same here

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Interesting on the new permanent asterix, might be a side effect of a fix I did. Will look into it (as well as the alphabetic order whlile I’m at it..) probably orders based on when first online

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

New today: Whenever I try to read the review for Omno, either by clicking on the link on the main site page or doing a search for the game and then clicking on the link from the search results, I get sent back to the AG main page again. This happens whether I’m logged in or not, and even after clearing my cache and cookies. Using the latest update version of FF.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

That’s certainly bad news, because Omno is a must-read! Tongue

No, seriously, this issue has been reported earlier in this thread, and Ivo’s latest responses to it are on page four, looking for additional info. He’ still trying to pin down this particularly elusive issue.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Mike the Wino - 26 October 2021 04:12 PM

New today: Whenever I try to read the review for Omno, either by clicking on the link on the main site page or doing a search for the game and then clicking on the link from the search results, I get sent back to the AG main page again. This happens whether I’m logged in or not, and even after clearing my cache and cookies. Using the latest update version of FF.

That’s such a nasty bug, it makes no sense what so ever to me Neutral

It would be -AMAZING- if anyone that has this bug, would have this Chrome extension installed:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/redirect-path/aomidfkchockcldhbkggjokdkkebmdll

It’ll log the request that is causing it to redirect to the main page (click the block that says a 301, expand it and copy/paste all of that to me. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) is fine).

Knowing what the page is saying or what cookies it’s sending can really help me find this, so far I’ve been unable to reproduce it making it extremely hard to tackle.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I’ve changed many settings on many different levels (hosting provider, CDN provider, directly in codebase) so -hopefully- this should resolve matters, still I’m making educated guesses of what could be influencing this so let’s see.

Ultimately if it -does- happen again having some input as described in previous post is invaluable.

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Well Ivo, whatever you did must have fixed it, at least for me. Thanks for your persistence! If I used Chrome I’d be happy to send you the log file you asked about, but I don’t. Sorry!

I didn’t connect the issues noted on page 4 of this thread as similar to mine…thanks for pointing that out Jack!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I was able to get a HAR file from 1 of the readers encountering this issue, which has helped me -some- but not as much a s I hoped. Investigation ongoing, just in case my other changes haven’t resolved it.

Total Posts: 5610

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

CaliMonk - 25 October 2021 05:58 PM

Interesting on the new permanent asterix, might be a side effect of a fix I did. Will look into it (as well as the alphabetic order whlile I’m at it..) probably orders based on when first online

I cleared my cache and cookies today, and, after logging in, I also have an asterisk next to my name under currently online.  I don’t know if my name can still be seen by others.  I also don’t see anyone else here right now.  Either nobody is here or they’re invisible, too.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 November 2021 01:24 PM
CaliMonk - 25 October 2021 05:58 PM

I cleared my cache and cookies today, and, after logging in, I also have an asterisk next to my name under currently online.  I don’t know if my name can still be seen by others.  I also don’t see anyone else here right now.  Either nobody is here or they’re invisible, too.

That’s happening to me too. Not much of an issue personally, but figured I’d chime in to say you weren’t the only one.

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I see what is happening now indeed, it’s marking folks as hidden most of the time. Investigating how I can resolve this.

For context, -how- do you login? Does this modal open and you fill in data there, or do you go to the separate login page?

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I tend to use the separate login page on desktop, modal on mobile. Seeing the same issue regardless of which method is used. ‘Show my name in the online users list’ is checked on both devices.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Harold Halibut, Another Crab’s Treasure, Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum. Broken Sword: Reforged CE

Total Posts: 1796

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ignore what was here. I was being stupid Confused

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5610

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m rarely logged out, but I get a small popup page when I do need to sign in.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top