• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #67 Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

AliBK - 23 July 2021 11:06 AM

I missed the chat about the Commodore’s ledger puzzle. It was originally a much harder logic puzzle - and one of the puzzles I was happiest with. But it caused a big bottleneck for testers. Until you solved it, you couldn’t really do anything else. It was the right puzzle in the wrong place, so we made it a bit easier.

When some players complain about the puzzles being easy, I always think, ‘Ah! You want the puzzles we cut out!’ Maybe we should have done a Megamonkey version…

Adv_Lvr has asked me via DM if there will be any more Nelly games. The answer, I’m afraid, is no. But you can play Unforeseen Incidents, Feria d’Arles and Mutropolis if you want to try other games I wrote for.

I am sure those games are brilliant!

About more Nelly games, let’s remember what Sean Connery answered when asked if he will ever perform James Bond again: “Never!”. And we all know what happened later… Never say never! Smile

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I missed the chat about the Commodore’s ledger puzzle. It was originally a much harder logic puzzle - and one of the puzzles I was happiest with. But it caused a big bottleneck for testers. Until you solved it, you couldn’t really do anything else. It was the right puzzle in the wrong place, so we made it a bit easier.

When some players complain about the puzzles being easy, I always think, ‘Ah! You want the puzzles we cut out!’ Maybe we should have done a Megamonkey version…

Oh yeah I would have loved a Megamonkey version Smile

I remember you mentioned that the puzzle was different in the commentary (great commentary by the way, I usually quickly give up on commentaries in other games but it was fun listening to it in Nelly and the Fowl Fleet)

Adv_Lvr has asked me via DM if there will be any more Nelly games. The answer, I’m afraid, is no. But you can play Unforeseen Incidents, Feria d’Arles and Mutropolis if you want to try other games I wrote for.

Oh, that’s sad to hear, can I ask why not?

I enjoyed Feria d’Arles but nowhere as much as both Nelly games.  I’ll try the other two games next.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

RL has put itself in the way again. Have not had a chance to start the current episode. Hope to carve out some time on Sunday. Good thing we have until Wednesday.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Adv_Lvr - 20 July 2021 10:10 PM

Sounds like we have many players ready to board, let’s play Part 2: Guttering Howls shall we. We’ll have some fun in the next part of the game.

As usual, please post what you do or don’t like about the game.

You have until Monday to arrive at the following screen:

Heart

Found some spare time to play, and made it to the end point. I opened every door, and had all available conversations with the people behind those doors. Not sure we were supposed to do that. But I am here nonetheless.

Re: loading the episodes ... I’m more than happy playing at the current pace. Eliminates the stress of falling behind.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@rtrooney: puns are appreciated! Thumbs up for the ones I managed to catch, I think one or two might’ve went over my head.

It’s around midnight over here, I’m both tired + stoked (strange new job + strange new cocktail* I’ve invented) and ready for puzzle-oriented piracy.

So I washed some stuff and boarded a ship. I was honestly a bit hesitant for this part, but it was alright. I’m now on VOGEL Beach, shout out to my Dutch birds, especially the rooks in my neighbourhood and that one starling that mimics the sound of a cat whenever one is around, apparently just for the kick of casually evoking feline confusion: you are a treasure.

That killed an hour. I should sleep, before I lose all coherence.

*a mixture of alcohol, sugar, kinine and ammoniumchloride

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I m at the stopping point. I really enjoy the game and the puzzles. I said at previous post i dont like the humour. I take that back. Most of the characters are funny and well designed. Also it feels like the game has opened up and there are many places to explore which i like. Not sure if i was supposed to explore the island but i did. Also managed to get one of the items i will need. Ready for more.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am at the stopping point too. I guess there’s a lot to do in this island…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 26 July 2021 02:55 AM

I am at the stopping point too. I guess there’s a lot to do in this island…

I think, more appropriately, there’s a lot left to do on the island. As an example, getting the gold sword, is a task that needs to be done, but we, or at least I, don’t have the tools to do it yet.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yes, that’s the problem of thinking in other language and then translating into English when writing. In Spanish when you say there is a lot to do, there is a lot left to do is implicit Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 26 July 2021 01:48 PM

Yes, that’s the problem of thinking in other language and then translating into English when writing. In Spanish when you say there is a lot to do, there is a lot left to do is implicit Smile

Appropos of nothing, but my college French teacher told me I would never be a fluent speaker until I no longer had to mentally translate what I wanted to say from English to French before I said it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 26 July 2021 04:13 PM
walas74 - 26 July 2021 01:48 PM

Appropos of nothing, but my college French teacher told me I would never be a fluent speaker until I no longer had to mentally translate what I wanted to say from English to French before I said it.

Exactly, and when you dream in the other language.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, it looks like our fine group of adventurers is ready for more.

Let’s complete the game through Make me a privateer and getting an airship

You have until next Monday to complete this. Stop when you see this screen:

Heart

Image Attachments

0C17BED5-EFB9-492E-AC07-A17685B33159.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Been wandering around. Finding things that need to be done, and people who are qualified to do them. But not making a whole lot of progress finding out how to make that happen. Have, unsuccessfully, played the game with the Quartermaster. I really hope this is not a deal breaker with this game, as I know it is a requirement to get to the next level with the Harbor Master.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, this walkthrough has step by step directions for how to do this:

http://www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl/Walkthroughs/2019/Cootalot/Cootalot_2/nelly_cootalot_2_english_1.htm

It’s a bit tricky, but if I can do it, so can you.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Adv_Lvr - 28 July 2021 10:30 PM

Ok, this walkthrough has step by step directions for how to do this:

http://www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl/Walkthroughs/2019/Cootalot/Cootalot_2/nelly_cootalot_2_english_1.htm

It’s a bit tricky, but if I can do it, so can you.

Heart

Unfortunately I don’t think I can. I wish there had been a head’s up re: saving before playing the game. I will have to go back to a prior save, and play all of this section over again.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top