• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Adv_Lvr - 13 May 2021 08:01 PM

My feelings about QTEs in straight adventures is not mixed. I don’t like them, and don’t feel they belong in a regular adventure. If the story is good enough to carry the game without them, you should have the option to turn them off.

Now I never played Fahrenheit. So I don’t know whether the story is good enough.

Ok, I am now at the checkpoint, whew, that took some major work to get to. I saved the boy and got the sex scene.

The QTEs in many adventure games just plain suck. I put up with them for an interesting story. This game does indeed have that. And yes, the game was originally a console game - so it works best with a controller.

You PC gamers do have some options, try to find a save game past the point where you are stuck. Also look for any cheats for the game that would make it easier to play and lastly, refer to a walkthrough as needed.

Heart

Well, I’m ready for more, hopefully all of us will get to start the second part of our adventure soon. So, tomorrow when it’s time to have the first part of this game finished, I’m ready for more challenge.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I find it interesting that even though it’s a linear game and I remember almost the whole game, there are details that I’m still discovering today, for example I didn’t know about mixing alcohol and pills as it happened to Doom.

DCast - 16 May 2021 04:28 PM

I’m going to try to plow ahead without replaying anything (unless I died), and see where it leads me, although I already see how I could have done better with certain choices. Not saying it’s done absolutely perfect, but it does play into the overall mood of the game for me.

Totally. If it were a game like say Hitman, I would replay each chapter until I got the result I wanted (silent assassin for example) and I wouldn’t go on until I got it. But in a game like this I personally can’t do that, so I agree with the approach of going on without replaying anything, we make mistakes of course, we take decisions or paths that we might regret later, we forget something that maybe was important, but we go on with this course and see where it leads us.

Obviously it is a game but if it were something real that happens to us, there would be no possibility of going back, we would have to live with the burden of our decisions and their consequences. And I want to maintain that atmosphere throughout the game.

DCast - 16 May 2021 04:28 PM

Loved, loved, LOVED listening to Theory of a Deadman in Lucas’s place! “Say Goodbye” and “Santa Monica” are still one of my favorites of theirs, so that was a moment that brought lots of nostalgia as well…

I believe you mentioned listening to them to a candlelight, Tenebra? For me it was a bed of a pick-up truck, staring at the stars or going down the highway a little faster than I should have. Looking forward to more of those moments and to continue the game!

Heart

walas74 - 17 May 2021 04:18 AM

I also saved the boy (how couldn’t I?). I liked the fact the policeman recognized me and didn’t report me.

Me too. And I love the final thought..

”...I had taken a life and giving one back. Nothing really changed for me, I was still wanted for murder by the police.  But when I left that park I knew I could look myself in the mirror again without cringing.”

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Previously on Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

It is time to move on…

We have already experienced the beginning of the story, more mysteries await us as the investigation slowly takes shape, the moments of tension continue to build around Lucas mainly, but there will also be time to relax a little.

I think the set time of one week was mostly right, although there are obviously exceptions like Nico who was able to complete this stretch much earlier. The idea was that if someone played a few minutes a day they could easily reach the “deadline”, but at the same time if someone decided to do the whole thing on the weekend (for example) they could also easily reach the meeting point.

Now let’s go a little further…

- The time will remain the same, one week (25/5), obviously it can and probably will be adjusted later, but this time we will go for 6 chapters, some of them are very short, so I think there will be no problems in that sense.

- Stay tuned, one of the QTE I remember the most is coming, be patient, lower the difficulty level if you need to and just try to get through that phase.

- Stopping point: The last chapter we will play will be the one where we are in the gym. Stop at the end of it.

As always, have fun, share your opinions. And apologies in advance if something is not too clear, let me know and we’ll fix it.

~

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Great idea the Previously!

I prefer doing the whole thing on the weekend, more immersive.

Good luck to everybody with the QTE…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Playing as we speak. Sounds like a good stopping point.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, we’ll need lots of luck to complete it. If I recall, it’s timed as well.

Anyway, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Adv_Lvr - 18 May 2021 06:45 PM

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, we’ll need lots of luck to complete it. If I recall, it’s timed as well.

Are there such a thing as a non-timed quick time event? Wink

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I do like this slow pacing and i dont mind, its not like this is the only game i play.
Last section took me 2 hours and a half to finish, maybe close to 3. But there arent any puzzles you have to think about or something that you get stuck. I did repeat the lucas appartment like 10 times but thats it and it was mostly because i thought i had to dress up before i open the door, so there wasnt a lot of time left to do the rest. But even if you explore a lot and retry some qte i doubt you could go over 3 hours. I did play last section in 2 sittings but some people like to play half an hour here or there. So i find this pacing pretty good and there is time to talk about the game also.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I like the summation of the chapters with the images, Tenebra!

I’m just past the gym session, so I’ll wait up. It’s been a crazy week, but I remember a bunch of scenes.. in some kind of order. I’ll wait with the spoiler tags, though. Interested to see what the rest thinks of the direction the game is taking us with these chapters.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Veovis - 19 May 2021 04:21 AM
Adv_Lvr - 18 May 2021 06:45 PM

Are there such a thing as a non-timed quick time event? Wink

Now that you mention it, yes ALL QTEs are timed. Anyway, it may not even be the puzzle I’m thinking of. Anyway, if I run across it while playing I’ll bring it up then.

Heart

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got a little behind but there really is no need to wait for me. I’ve got held up on The Day After but am planning to persist.
I’ve played this on PS2 & currently playing it on PC so not using a controller as I did originally. To be quite honest the movement is clumsy & downright terrible whether you use the controller or a mouse. Funnily, enough apart from movement I haven’t found the mouse controls too bad & for the qte events using the side-to side arrow to fill up a meter I’ve found it easier as it seems quicker to just use your fingers to bash away at the A & D buttons rather than the controller whatever you had to do at the time. The story so far is excellent & in my mind let down but overly difficult controls that compromise immersion.    Smile

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve finished part two. Enjoyed it well enough, except the memory sequence in Hide and Seek. I actually managed the timed final section on the first try, but had too restart the first part way too many times.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Pegbiter - 20 May 2021 08:42 AM

I’ve finished part two. Enjoyed it well enough, except the memory sequence in Hide and Seek. I actually managed the timed final section on the first try, but had too restart the first part way too many times.

chrissie - 20 May 2021 07:42 AM

I’ve got a little behind but there really is no need to wait for me. I’ve got held up on The Day After but am planning to persist.
I’ve played this on PS2 & currently playing it on PC so not using a controller as I did originally. To be quite honest the movement is clumsy & downright terrible whether you use the controller or a mouse. Funnily, enough apart from movement I haven’t found the mouse controls too bad & for the qte events using the side-to side arrow to fill up a meter I’ve found it easier as it seems quicker to just use your fingers to bash away at the A & D buttons rather than the controller whatever you had to do at the time. The story so far is excellent & in my mind let down but overly difficult controls that compromise immersion.    Smile

I enjoyed reading that. Glad to hear I’m not the onlty one having major challenges with the game. I do agree, however, that the game does have an interesting story that keeps you going.

Heart

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Pegbiter - 20 May 2021 08:42 AM

That part was one of the most difficult for me when I played it for the first time. I couldn’t avoid being caught, it was hard to get to the hangar, I had to do it several times. I’d get behind the truck but on the last stretch I’d always get spotted.

~

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am about to quit, it is impossible for me to beat the QTE at the bank with my laptop, I am supossed to use both hands, one with WASD and the other with arrow keys, and I am playing easy mode, I can’t imagine how it will be playing hard. I am too angry right now so I’ll give it another try tomorrow, but if I can’t get passed it, either someone sends me a savegame after the bank QTE or I quit.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top