• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Welcome to the last chapter!!! Last time, we freed the Magician of Mousewood, captured the Consortium Squamada, learned about our father, finished our training and open the portal to the Clearing of the First Tree, following Zaroff to the world of Dreams. It is time to move on!! To finally face the real threat, find answers to the mysteries and save everyone.

No time limits!! Just finish the game!! Dont forget to say everyone goodbye in Mousewood during the credits.

Until then, may you can always sleep as easilly as the Magician of Mousewood. The dood LITERALLY started snoring with his eyes open.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Some memorable moments from the last time:

“Too long you were gone… too late for dinner… too late for a good night kiss… too late for school… too late for a farewell….” Cry

Saving the Magician of Mousewood. It was not even the first time we hurt the poor guy in the game btw.

Learning the truth.

Opening the portal for the path to the Clearing of the First Tree.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2022-05-10

PM

I’m still stuck on the world between worlds with the huge raven.  The puzzles seems to have gotten a little more confounding here in the last part of the game.  And I’m afraid my patience is running a little thin thanks to Talos 2 just being released (thanks for understanding Sefir!)

I have to say a lot of the turns the narrative has taken seem to come out of left field.  Like, why does the father character show up when there’s no set up for the relationship with Jerry in the beginning?  And who is this mystery villain Zarloff?  Fingers still crossed for a reasonable payoff here.

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still trying to capture the lizards in the previous chapter, but I’ll finally have a nice block of playing time later today and tonight.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Keybordz - 08 November 2023 10:46 AM

I’m still stuck on the world between worlds with the huge raven.  The puzzles seems to have gotten a little more confounding here in the last part of the game.  And I’m afraid my patience is running a little thin thanks to Talos 2 just being released (thanks for understanding Sefir!)

It is the last part of the game I am sure you can do it. Smile In any case if you need a tip or two, we are all here to help. Wink

Keybordz - 08 November 2023 10:46 AM

I have to say a lot of the turns the narrative has taken seem to come out of left field.  Like, why does the father character show up when there’s no set up for the relationship with Jerry in the beginning?  And who is this mystery villain Zaroff?  Fingers still crossed for a reasonable payoff here.

While the clear explanations are left for the last chapters, there are hints for all these within the entirety of the game. We will speak about it after most people have finished the game, I am sure.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I expect to finish the game tonight.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I just finished the game. For now, I will only say this was the adventure game with more adorable secondary characters I have ever played (well, in a hard competition against Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey).

And just for that, but not only, it will always have a place in my heart…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2074

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I also finished the game and very much enjoyed the last chapter. Yes, it went the surreal way, but I liked how it tied all loose ends, made use of everything we learned and gathered during the journey, it wasn’t depressing at all — on the contrary, the stage performance narrated by Zaroff who encouraged Jerry to do something fatal and Jerry refused, with the audience slowly starting to root for Jerry was pretty amusing. I also had a chuckle at the Zarrof’s theme. And, of course, the last encounter with the leprechaun: “First he stole my hat, then he stole my home, now he is after my gold!” was priceless.

The revamped crossroad portal puzzle was pretty creative as well — and they actually made the hint spell useful, woo-hoo! And so did the final battle which turned out pretty epic. Also no complaints regarding the story, everything worked much better than I imagined (expected to see Jerry’s father as the main villain/rabbit/or whatever character, or Jerry himself, or the animals simply disappearing like a bad dream, or something like that, but the devs tried their best not to rob us players of our fairy tale, and it all felt good at the end.

Thank you, Sefir, and everyone for the playthrough! This was one of the best games from the Daedalic catalogue and I’m glad I finally finished it.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Some things regarding the last chapter, the ending and the game in general.

I also consider the last chapter by far the best in the game. All 4 challenges on stage from Zaroff, as parodies of the 4 worlds we visited were like a twisted sum up of our adventure that we had to cleanse, one by one. The crowd’s reactions made it all the better, alongside favorite characters, like Plato, the giant toad, The Leprechaun, Kitsune and the Guardian. The humor was pretty good too. I believe everyone was expecting Zaroff to be some kind of grandioze villain, probably equally spooky to the lizards. No one expected him to be a looney. Strangely, it fit the bill. The final battle against him was a bit too simple for my taste, but eh, can’t have it all. .

Regarding the story: While I do liked it, it felt like it was part of a bigger story. I could easily see an expansion where we are young Zaroff, or even Marquis in that era and see their adventures and how they became corrupted. It is just a better storytelling method than just getting a narration sum-up explanation from the Magician of Mousewood (whom, again, I consider one of my favorite characters in the game), which can be perceived as a bit “cheap” by some people. Even so, everything was wrapped up nicely in a positive manner. A rare occurrance in Daedelic Games, where bleak, sad or semi-successful for the protagonsit endings are the norm (TWW, Edna&Harvey;, Anna’s Quest, etc) and I liked it.

Regarding our father. I get it. The tree’s vision of Marquis entered our world (in literally the game’s prologue) and Jerry’s father had to go along with all the memories of him. WHY TAKE THE POOR PUG TOO??? Trully, the one unspoken victim of the story.

Speaking of the Marquis, can we just talk about how awesome his “corrupted” design was? With the eyepatch, the mask, the armor and the double swords, he was more like a badass techno-samurai than a pancy treewalker magician and I would be very interested to have more interactions with this particular version of him.

walas74 - 10 November 2023 01:13 AM

For now, I will only say this was the adventure game with more adorable secondary characters I have ever played (well, in a hard competition against Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey).

Glad you liked it!! Smile It does have its fare share of great secondary characters, doesnt it? Both the cute “comiclike” design, the atmosphere and most of all, the voice actings, where top-notch. Daedelic was a beast back then….

Doom - 10 November 2023 01:31 PM

They actually made the hint spell useful, woo-hoo!

Took me about half an hour of pointless wandering to realize what I had to do.

Doom - 10 November 2023 01:31 PM

Thank you, Sefir, and everyone for the playthrough! This was one of the best games from the Daedalic catalogue and I’m glad I finally finished it.

Thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure to revisit such a beautiful game. I am very happy that this AGCP went smoothly and successfully for most. Smile

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

walas74 - 10 November 2023 01:13 AM

Well, I just finished the game. For now, I will only say this was the adventure game with more adorable secondary characters I have ever played (well, in a hard competition against Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey).

so, isn’t it the next big thing?  Content

A1

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2022-05-10

PM

Just wanted to say that I did finally finish over the weekend Laughing

The final act was certainly engaging and I’m pleased that I sussed out the solutions to each of the 4 acts without too much (ahem) hair-pulling.

Say, did anybody else think the voice of the whale in Act 4 sounded a little like Patrick Stewart?

Although I still have my issues with the narrative, I applaud the developer for achieving a nice balance between charm and sophistication.  I so enjoyed interacting with all the various critters of Mousewood, easily the best part of the game for me.  Even moreso now, the experience leaves me with more echoes to the film The Mouse And His Child as I mentioned previously, which also presents a allegorical, somewhat surreal tale with a similar cast of animated animal characters.

Thanks again Sefir for your enthusiastic guidance Thumbs Up

Now onto finishing Talos 2 (strongly recommended!)

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am sorry I couldn’t participate as much as I wished, but an opportunity of a translation came up (Yes, Your Grace) and it has a lot of text…

The art was gorgeous, I am sure there was more to tell (a prequel could have been great). Last act was really fun with Zaroff play and how to solve the four stages. I think last duel was hard to believe, just an apprentice beating an experienced magician as Zaroff, but well, nothing is impossible…

Catching the lizzards was very funny too, although I got stuck with the lizzard taking out the white and black balls.

Thank you very much for this CPT, Sefir. You made a terrific job.

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve spent a long time trying to catch the fortune teller lizard, with no luck.  I put the label on the white ball, but when I click it on the drum hatch while the lizard is after Buzzy, it either doesn’t register or it triggers the same “teller of lies” dialogue.  I checked a walkthrough, and I seem to have the right steps.  Any suggestions before I’m completely bald?

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 November 2023 08:45 PM

I’ve spent a long time trying to catch the fortune teller lizard, with no luck.  I put the label on the white ball, but when I click it on the drum hatch while the lizard is after Buzzy, it either doesn’t register or it triggers the same “teller of lies” dialogue.  I checked a walkthrough, and I seem to have the right steps.  Any suggestions before I’m completely bald?

I’ve been there so I totally understand you. My suggestion is “do the same I did, watch this…”

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 November 2023 08:45 PM

Honestly, it should work. Is the hatch open though? If not, then that is the problem. You need to make the lizard basically have the hatch open (catch him monologuing with the black ball in his hands) AND have him after Buzzy so that you can put the white ball back to the hatch.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top