• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 1661

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

you know he was annoying but I don’t have a problem with him, because I figured out immediately what to do with the free lesson item, based on the clue given by the baker.

The part I had a problem with was actually the door in the bakery, I spent an hour on that puzzle, only to realize that you don’t even remotely have to solve it in the first part of the game. Which was made worse by the main character kind of cluing you in that you needed to solve it right then.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I absolutely tried the stick on Humbert. It was THE FIRST thing I tried.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 October 2023 08:54 PM

I love good puzzles, i dont find these to be that good, especially with lame payoffs to me. The first spell you get is to talk to rocks, exactly what every young magicians wants to do, not lol.

Perhaps, but the ability to change from day to night and vice versa is an awesome ability to have and is kinda like a magic spell so that makes up for it. Wink  

Jdawg445 - 15 October 2023 12:58 PM

The part I had a problem with was actually the door in the bakery, I spent an hour on that puzzle, only to realize that you don’t even remotely have to solve it in the first part of the game. Which was made worse by the main character kind of cluing you in that you needed to solve it right then.

Yes, I can see this part be a bit of a trap….. While the “doing random stuff around just because you can, with the hopes you will gain something out of it” has merit as a strategy (especially in Daedelic’s games) and can work in this game as well, in general the riddles are more simplistic and follow the logic “Find the solutions for the stuff that you need to do”. I do not remember me thinking that there was something to be gained from reaching the back garden tbh, but the door is there, interactions are possible and it can trick you…when you will need to open that door it will be obvious, I guarantee you that.

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been known to talk to a rock.  My late husband was stone deaf in one ear.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Sefir - 15 October 2023 01:04 PM
Jdawg445 - 14 October 2023 08:54 PM

I love good puzzles, i dont find these to be that good, especially with lame payoffs to me. The first spell you get is to talk to rocks, exactly what every young magicians wants to do, not lol.

Perhaps, but the ability to change from day to night and vice versa is an awesome ability to have and is kinda like a magic spell so that makes up for it. Wink  

Jdawg445 - 15 October 2023 12:58 PM

Yes, I can see this part be a bit of a trap….. While the “doing random stuff around just because you can, with the hopes you will gain something out of it” has merit as a strategy (especially in Daedelic’s games) and can work in this game as well, in general the riddles are more simplistic and follow the logic “Find the solutions for the stuff that you need to do”. I do not remember me thinking that there was something to be gained from reaching the back garden tbh, but the door is there, interactions are possible and it can trick you…when you will need to open that door it will be obvious, I guarantee you that.

I have opened the door now, but I still disagree because the game Clues you that you have to open the door right then, and then of course the opposite way into the garden is also blocked for no real reason in the first chapter, by angry bunny. Because each path is blocked it makes you think you need to be in there right away.

As for the day/night spell it didn’t impress me much cuz you can also just sleep in a hammock or a bed and achieve the same result. But I do appreciate the ease of using the book instead of having to travel to a save point like in an RPG day/night cycle lol.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2023 03:43 PM

I’ve been known to talk to a rock.  My late husband was stone deaf in one ear.

Lol, or maybe he went through a magical tree portal to learn a spell, that made him seem deaf. The plot thickens, like a slow cooked gravy. Seriously though, i am sorry for your loss.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jdawg445 - 15 October 2023 06:07 PM

I have opened the door now, but I still disagree because the game Clues you that you have to open the door right then, and then of course the opposite way into the garden is also blocked for no real reason in the first chapter, by angry bunny. Because each path is blocked it makes you think you need to be in there right away.

Eh, clues are given on how each player interpret them. Tbh, I even backtracked and saw 0 clues from Jeremy or anyone else mentioning that we need to open that door (or reach the back garden), but I might have missed it. In general though, I still dont see any in-game reason mentioned for someone to try to do so. Have in mind that we also KNOW where the door lead to and if there was anything of interest in the back garden. There is only the out of game thinking of “it is an area that is next to me, it seems that I might get access to it if I do something tricky, perhaps something good might happen if I do so” which yes, I understand that it is a general thing that works with many Daedelic titles (and it can work as a strategy in this one too up to a point) but it can not really be used as an argument for bad game design if the game doesn’t play with this in mind. So I guess we agree that we disagree.

Jdawg445 - 15 October 2023 06:07 PM

As for the day/night spell it didn’t impress me much cuz you can also just sleep in a hammock or a bed and achieve the same result. But I do appreciate the ease of using the book instead of having to travel to a save point like in an RPG day/night cycle lol.

This comment of yours probably needs a small spoiler tag. But on the comment, I did not question through what this perticular ability is used. I am just saying that it is a unique spell-like ability that changes A LOT of things and it can make up for whatever a player might have found lackluster from the spells up to this point. Who cares if you activate it with a wand, a hammock, a book or whatever lol.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jdawg445 - 15 October 2023 06:18 PM

Lol, or maybe he went through a magical tree portal to learn a spell, that made him seem deaf. The plot thickens, like a slow cooked gravy. Seriously though, i am sorry for your loss.

Thanks, Jdawg.  It’s been almost 10 years, but I still miss him.

I’ve been meeting the storyteller in different places at night and just realized the stories appear in the bonus section.  I haven’t taken the time to listen to them yet.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 October 2023 12:42 PM

I’ve been meeting the storyteller in different places at night...

Me too. I wonder if his locations are randomized.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I don’t know.  Once I stumbled upon him twice in one night, I spent some time actually looking for him.  According to my stash, I have two locations left to find.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve gained the next two spells.  I had some trouble hearing the leprechaun, so I turned on subtitles for that section.  Aside from second guessing myself a couple of times and walking Jerry’s legs off, I enjoyed the puzzles.  (I did keep forgetting to use the frog horn for travel.) 

I love the sweet names Anja calls everyone, and her roller skates are neat.  I also like the old toad.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

I love this adventure, and I don’t want to come as too full of myself to join this nice playthrough (no way!), I just know it by heart by now, I have played it 3 times, so far, since its release, plus my backlog with only so little time available gives me no choice but to move on.

If anyone is interested in Matthias Kempke’s (the designer/writer) other adventures (before joining Daedalic); A Stitch in Time & What Makes You Tick, are available for free at this Link.
.. and of course, The Pillars of the Earth, W/Daedalic, is another must-play for whoever has missed it.

A1

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 October 2023 06:20 PM

I don’t know.  Once I stumbled upon him twice in one night, I spent some time actually looking for him.  According to my stash, I have two locations left to find.

I only found him twice as well thus far. In Anja’s abd to the swamp, next to the abandoned radio station. If you want to hear the audiobook, I warn you, I did not find the storyteller’s voice any captivating, to say the least. I will sure give him a try if I had kids to put to sleep though…..

luckyloser - 19 October 2023 08:54 PM

If anyone is interested in Matthias Kempke’s (the designer/writer) other adventures (before joining Daedalic); A Stitch in Time & What Makes You Tick, are available for free at this Link.
.. and of course, The Pillars of the Earth, W/Daedalic, is another must-play for whoever has missed it.

Thanks for the nice info. Future candidates for a AGCP perhaps. Smile

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

luckyloser - 19 October 2023 08:54 PM

I love this adventure, and I don’t want to come as too full of myself to join this nice playthrough (no way!), I just know it by heart by now, I have played it 3 times, so far, since its release, plus my backlog with only so little time available gives me no choice but to move on.

thanks for the link.just finished what makes you tick a stitch in time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

mo54 - 20 October 2023 06:17 PM

thanks for the link.just finished what makes you tick a stitch in time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Glad that helped, but wow, it is not an easy adventure to be finished overnight Thumbs Up

A1

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top