• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiedirac

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unable to see images hosted by ImgBB

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Re the Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued) thread, for some reason I am unable to see images posted by zobraks and Doom who are using ImgBB to upload their screenshots. I have to “quote reply” to see the image link, then copy the url into a new browser tab in order to view them.

I am on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox. Cache cleared, latest version, etc., etc. Any ideas?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m using Windows 10 on a PC, although I’m using Chrome, not Firefox. I have not had the trouble you’ve experienced. Just trying to eliminate a variable. Do you have trouble seeing any graphics posted by people other than Zobraks and Doom? I know that I, as well as many others, are using Imgur. If not the variable seems to be the software they use to upload graphics. Stupid question, but are your video drivers up to date? I know that my video drivers do not automatically update, and I have to check in every few months to see if there is anything new. And I often forget to do that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The last time you had this it was down to malwarebytes overzealously blocking sites.

Is this the same thing again?

It’s very doubtful that it’s a site issue, regardless, as all we do is link to the image and don’t control what it shows you specifically.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Lies of P
Recently Completed: Harold Halibut, Another Crab’s Treasure, Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum. Broken Sword: Reforged CE

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

@ rtrooney, yep, drivers are up to date. And there are others, but not all forumites, who’s pics I can’t see. Like diego’s cake on 5/11 in the same topic (AGSuG). Bummer because I love raspberry cake!

@ Dale, I completely forgot I had this issue before…old age and treachery, so they say. I whitelisted AG in Malwarebytes, and when that didn’t change anything I turned it off and then loaded up a new browser and tried again. Still no pics form those posters. Pics in other threads seem to show up, though. And with this particular thread, it only started with zobraks post on 4/30 and has continued with most other posts since. One exception is DarkEye’s on 5/8, the only one I can see since 4/30. Guess I’ll try a private window, then as a last resort I’ll try Microsoft Edge. I’ll report back with results later. Film at 11.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Turns out it’s the AdBlocker Ultimate extension in my FF browser causing the issue. I disabled it and reloaded the thread, and everyone’s pics showed up. I then re-enabled it and they all disappeared again. Well, not all…just the ImgBB pics disappeared.  No idea why that would just start happening a couple weeks ago, so I think I’ll try to give the extension’s author a poke to see if they can fix it…

Unless there is some AG site code that doesn’t play nice with AdBlocker   Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top