• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Dig and Nelly Cootalot

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (6) - Jdawg, Colpet, Doom, Lady Kestrel, DCast, Diego
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba, Lady Kestrel, Vegetable Party, Nico2021, Diego

The Shapeshifting Detective (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Bon

The Epsilon Outcome (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (1) - Rtrooney
Tales of Monkey Island (1) - Adv_Lvr, leader

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting ends tomorrow.  If there’s still a tie, we’ll have a runoff.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If memory serves. Which these days it rarely does. If two games are tied, the one with the leader is the default winner unless someone steps forward to lead the other tied game. Think this goes back to the Lighthouse fiasco, where a game actually won the popular vote but was disqualified because it didn’t have a leader.

That was a long time ago. But trying to refresh my memory. If the two games are still tied after the playoff, does the one with the leader win? Or, if someone steps forward to lead Dig, and there is still a tie, is there another playoff?

In which case, I will try to avoid the problem by voting for Ms. Cootalot.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (7) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba, Lady Kestrel, Vegetable Party, Nico2021, Diego, Rtroony

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Another vote for Nelly Cootalot.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (8) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba, Lady Kestrel, Vegetable Party, Nico2021, Diego, Rtroony, Karlok

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I wasn’t going to participate in this one, and selfishly hoped The Dig to win, but as Ireally wanted to join a CPT of a “normal and classic” adventure game (I played Lighthouse, Keepsake and Farenheit), I am voting Nelly Cootalot.

Since I have holidays from work in July, if I can’t follow you at the beginning, surely I’ll catch up later.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (9) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba, Lady Kestrel, Vegetable Party, Nico2021, Diego, Rtroony, Karlok, Walas74

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet won this round of voting.  Adv_Lvr will post the playthrough thread when ready.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sweet!

Is it necessary to play Spoonbeaks Ahoy! first?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 05 July 2021 12:43 AM

Sweet!

Is it necessary to play Spoonbeaks Ahoy! first?

No, both games have different plots and completely different stories. You can play them in any order. The nice part of these games is that they both are traditional point and click adventure games with a lot of humor.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also want to nominate and will lead:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Thanks for the thread revival Adv_Lvr

Before I forget, I’ll add Riddle of the Sphinx: The Awakening, the enhanced remaster released this year. I played the original a few years ago thinking it would be great in HD, and here we are in 2021 with just that!

I probably won’t lead, however, since I never made it very far in the original. But let’s see if there’s any other interest in the game first.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

We’re now voting for community playthrough #68.  Nominations and voting will end on Thursday, September 2.

I have to get a new computer before I can play the new version of ROTS, Luhr, but I did play through the old version several times.  I’m not sure if any of the puzzles are different between the two, but I could lead it if necessary.

Riddle of the Sphinx: The Awakening (2) - Luhr28, Lady Kestrel

The Shapeshifting Detective (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top